• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How much power does a EM have?

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meaning what do they have control over on the server they represent...do they do just stricly events things and thats it?

Im just curious what their able to do to help a shard...

B

BeefSupreme

Individually, not very much... However if 4 of them combine together.....

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't seen any evidence that they "control" the server they are on.

Either in the sense of determining it or being able to control things on it. They are technically part-time "contract employees," per the announcement.

Near as I can tell they "just" run events...Far from an insignificant task.

-Galen's player

B

BeefSupreme

However, the Queen of EMs has lots. She wall hacks just cause she's cool like that.

L

Lil' Lucien

Individually, not very much... However if 4 of them combine together.....
I think it takes at least six of them. They each have an animal counter part and keys to control them.

Mesanna is the queen and they report directly to her. Em's make the plan and Mesa approves and builds the event.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Lots of power. They make sparkling stuff and everyone drools for it.

They make cookies and everyone wants them.

They they they... can write name tags on shirts and make a black shirt a black shirt that is tagged Halloween...

And when I wear it everyone see a black shirt but I run to them and say "highlight my black shirt its says halloween. Its worth 20 million gold."

And they do. And I have something cool.

Thanks -
Cool EM's for making me cool.

I am coooool.

E

Eyes of Origin

I'm not certain how much power they have.

I know that in case of event disruptions, they can not pull someone out of the event.. such as pvp tourneys. They can ban from the house, make it private, things like that, but unfortunately, they cant remove ppl and that is one power I think they should have.

They can move ppl in game, show up on players unexpectedly, even if you're in your house and is private.
They can teleport into places we cant and even move players to those spots.

Mesanna is the one with the real powers tho.. as someone said before, she sets up the events and the EMs control the event chars.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I often see the EM on Europa spamming code before monsters appear so I believe they can spawn monsters too.

V

Victoria Navarre

I often see the EM on Europa spamming code before monsters appear so I believe they can spawn monsters too.
I think the EM has the same power of a seer and an old style [young] player companion.

J

Jhym

They have the old seer dot commands and probably a few new ones for the current version. They do NOT have GM commands for creating/deleting world objects, only Mesanna would have that as Queen of the GM/EMs.

They can do simple object creation, renaming, monster spawning up to a certain level per day, teleporting, telestorming, and other minor things like stealthing and switching invulnerable tags and dropping things into monster/npc packs.

They can teleport to a player like the old counselors could, which is why they can appear in private houses. However, they normally don't do that unless they are acting as policemen or setting up events as it is somewhat frowned upon.

Oh, and every single command they do is logged, so no, they will not create GM robes and ancient wyrms for you to play with.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not certain how much power they have.

I know that in case of event disruptions, they can not pull someone out of the event.. such as pvp tourneys. They can ban from the house, make it private, things like that, but unfortunately, they cant remove ppl and that is one power I think they should have.

They can move ppl in game, show up on players unexpectedly, even if you're in your house and is private.
They can teleport into places we cant and even move players to those spots.

Mesanna is the one with the real powers tho.. as someone said before, she sets up the events and the EMs control the event chars.
This is true...... they can also "send you a tell".... private talking to you.... though you can't talk back.

And they do NOT have the ability to squelch.... unfortunately.... so annoying spammers get to spam all they want and there is little to nothing they can do about it.

They can ask for and do some minor decorating of the shard... minor changes. They can not as far as I know "remove" anything unless they placed it.

And no they can't make you a shield or weapon of awesome uberness... only Dev's can do that... and we all know they won't.. (Thank the Gods).