• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How much Necro/SS do I need on my dexxer?

C

Cygnas

Okay, I've read lots and lots of template posts and still need some direction. I've run out of skill points and need advice on how to juggle my skills. I am new at the Necro and not sure where to go. By the way, I don't have any 120 Powerscrolls yet, gotta save for those. My main goal for this character is to do peerless runs and gather keys.

So now I need to drop Necro/Spiritspeak, and not sure how far, or if I even need SS with a dexxer. What does it do for me?

Here's my current in-the-works template and appreciate the advice.

Stats with armor/jewelry
Hits 112
Dex 156
Mana 61

Resists 70/67/70/70/70 with VE cast
30% HCI, no DCI (I know... gotta get this going)
I am using wild staff with +15% HCI, +55 ML, +39 DI or similar diamond mace with +25 SSI

Current skills:
Mace - 115
Tactics - 100
SS - 97.9
Bushido - 93.8
Necro - 85
Parry - 82
Magic Resist - 81.3
Chivalry - 65

Options that I can think of:
1) drop SS for anatomy
2) lower necro to 50 (using midnight bracers,jewelry/spiritwood to cast VE)
3) eventually buy/raise mace, bush and parry to 120

Suggestions/advice for peerless runs? Thanks

G

Okay SS determines damage and duration of necro spells, like EI for a mage.

For your dexxer are you just using necro to get to vamp form or are you using any necro spells?

C

Cygnas

Ya... good question and thanks for the reply.

I'm probably not using the necro to full potential, but currently using only curse weapon and vampire embrace. I've played with the other spells and the only other one that works well is animate dead, but they get the kill credit if they do too much damage. And my wisp gets killed so fast it doesn't usually make sense to keep casting.

But right now the only two spells that I use are curse weapon and VE.

I

imported_Farsight

Advice #1: Your weapon skill, bushido and parry should be as high as possible given your description of how you use your necromancy. 115 is OK, 120 is much better.

After that, there are many ways in which you can divvy up your skills. 65-75 points go to chivalry. 35-55 (depending on what items you have) go to necromancy, just enough to cast vampiric embrace. Then you can either go with healing/anatomy/tactics or spirit speak/tactics with the rest of your skills to round it out. I do well with spirit speak at 100, and tactics at 100 with a little bit of skill thrown into anatomy. Others swear by healing. Both combinations are excessively powerful in vampire form, and both have little weaknesses.

For more information, ask the same question in the samurai forum, but first, read a few of the most recent posts there. There are a couple very enlightening threads.

D

dum3886

Depends on ur dexxer...
1. Never go above 105.. useless.... specially in pvp.
If you playa dexxer like i did when i played then i would go 105 necro, 110+ (depends how much skill pts i have left) OR.... 24 necro

24 necro is if u r just using for vamp form
105 if you are using it for offensive.