• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How much more damage to a pack of 5 traind frenzied ostards hit players for vs 5 hell hounds trained

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
How much more damage to a pack of 5 traind frenzied ostards hit players for vs 5 hell hounds trained in pvp like per frenzied ostard I Mean how much more damage per ostard?

Last edited:

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If u take max str and hp pets

hell hounds str 150 hp 220
ostard str 170

vs 70 resist

it is 0,4-0,6 dmg/pet more for ostard due to higher str

0,5-1,5 dmg/pet more for ostard due to hell hounds firebreath attack (assuming they do firebreath once every 10 attacks)

so 0,9-2,1dmg/pet more for ostard

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
do you think its worth the trade off... I mean going with Frenzied Ostards over Hell hounds for pvp after weighing the pros and cons and having compared both together?

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not pvp enough to say what is better in that situation

I prefer hell hounds for what i do (mostly pvm)

Hell hounds got more hp (ostard 110 hell hound 220)
Hell hounds got higher resist (fire resist)
Hell hounds regenerate hp faster (hell hounds about 3hp every second ostards 0,5)
Hell hounds can attack from range (fire breath)

Ostards do more dmg
and you can ride them
There is no slayer for ostards (flame and wolf should work on hell hounds)

best way is to try them both and then choose both work that i am sure of

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Try them both out dueling with a friend. I would think that you would want to go with 4 over 5 so you can stay mounted. If you do run with ostards, you can ride of them until being dismounted and then send it in as back up to attack.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a reason you don't see either one of them used in pvp. The following chars can nuke them, dexer with bush/whirlwind, necro does wither. Nether cyclone on a mystic would do a lot of damage to them too but that spell is slower to cast.