• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many Valorite Hammers are there out there? I smell a duck!

G

Maybe someone is trying to unload some of them???

I think I see a duck.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw that in the Pac Trade forums. Honestly, I bought a Val Hammer from a vendor in Pac Luna about 6 or 8 months ago. I was pretty happy about it until I noticed he almost always has one for sale for around $30m. Actually there were 2 Val Hammers for sale in Pac Luna the day before yesterday.

Being a BOD runner on two shards, I know how difficult (almost impossible) it was to collect the BODs that are needed to get a Val Hammer. I've collected over 250,000 BODs (28 BOD runners 3 times a day for 4 years plus turn-ins for the last 2) and I still had to buy or trade for 3 of the BODs required to get my one and only Val Hammer I ever earned. That might change a little with the recent BOD update, but they still should be rare.

If I was EA, I'd do a little investigating there.

G

Since his posts started back in December I really smell a duck.

He posted on 3 shards in December these hammers for sale. Long before the bod changes.

G

Gold4Cheap

<blockquote><hr>

I just saw a post where a guy has been selling Valorite hammers for $60 since December.

I thought they were hard to get. I guess some people were able to get a few.

hmmmm anyone seen a duck?

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=5&amp;Number=7630140&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1&amp;vc=1&amp;what2=postlist&amp;selv=&amp;vwhich=&amp;PHPSESSID=

[/ QUOTE ]

First, you ASSUME that we have been selling them since December in which case YOU ASSUME WRONG.

We added those to the list and changed the title the 14th as in 2 days ago.

Next there have been plenty of hammers for sale for a long time in luna on many shards and the amount of them, or any items we have or we are selling for others are none of your business, I did not go into your account sale thread and violate the tos with personal attacks, please don't insult us with them.

Thanks you for the thought and time but we will not replying to any other posts I just wanted to clarify your assumption is very much wrong. Thanks for your time - Gold 4 Cheap

G

Ha getting so defensive only makes it look even more suspicious to me...

C

Connor_Graham

"Next there have been plenty of hammers for sale for a long time in luna on many shards"

This in and of itself has me hearing quacking...

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Ha getting so defensive only makes it look even more suspicious to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

so he's damned if he didn't and damned if he did?

That to me smells like a duck...

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think i remember people getting them when they had the black rock turn in.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget about blackrock turn-in. I'v got 5x agapite hammers in this way, valorite was possibe too.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
maybe we keep this ruuning more charred houses and things in house will it be new rubble when fires die

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

BURN HIS HOUSES DOWN!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color=red>WITH the ducks in 'em ...</font color=red>

Roast Duck !!

Get the chef's !!
Oranges!!! duck larange !!
APRICOT
PURPLE PLUM (aka in the Dhreams house: Dark Wing)
FRESH FRUITED (mixture of fresh peaches, apricots, prune plums)

Duck Flambé !!

Sauteed Duck ! (get them drunk on liquor of choice first, then slaughter and dress out ... brandies, schnapes, appertifs ... )

Duck Egg souffles, omelettes ....

criekies !!! they're DUCKS ... NOT Dwarves ... whats all the hate about ????

OOOOOOHHH !!!!

never mind ...

G

Valorite Runic Hammers were only possible from turning in the pieces of Blackrock that were gotten from the original Rift Guardians in Terathan Keep, which there was only a small amount of the "A Piece of Blackrock" given out, and they didn't always guarantee a Val Hammer when turned in.

The "A Large Piece of Blackrock" that was minable from the "Motherlode" location was the lowest quality, and gave the lowest quality rewards.
The "A Small Piece of Blackrock" was attainable rarely through mining in normal locations, which could prompt a Blackrock Ele to spawn, they gave medium quality rewards.
The "A Piece of Blackrock" that was attainable from the original Rift Guardians (And later the Rift Guardians at the Magincia Invasion, which i got several pieces from, however the Turn-In was already long over by then) gave the highest quality rewards, such as Val Hammers, +60 ASH, Ornament of the Magician, etc.

Just the very name Gold4Cheap sounds suspicious to me...

G

The Small Piece of Blackrock was also obtainable for many many days (a few weeks) at server up just lying around on the ground in a few places on shards. You had to look very closely to find them. They showed up as a diamond &amp; ruby on the ground until you picked them up. Then they would change in your pack to "A Small Piece of Blackrock". I myself received numerous Aggy hammers &amp; a couple of Verite ones from these pieces. Val was very possible like this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

hmmmm anyone seen a duck?

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

I think I see a duck.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

I really smell a duck.

[/ QUOTE ]

GOOSE!!!!!

**runs away**

G

Yeah a duck is a duck.

But I have to add, the original blackrock turn in on origin, netted me 2 valorite hammers. And I only turned in 25ish rocks.

Someone turning in 100's could have a stock.

But a dupe is a dupe. Im sure everything and their mama was duped.

I

imported_Sarphus

I think there's still a TON of ill-gotten stuff in the UO economy and I'm pretty sure we all have it. You can't participate in the UO economy without ending up with ill-gotten stuff because cheating was almost completely unpunnished for so long that the big-time cheaters basically forced legitimate players out of the larger UO markets (ingots, barbed runics and gems for example).

The devs have deleted a LOT of stuff in the last 2 years, yet the deletions have only made a small impact on the UO economy. This tells me that the people who are using various forms of cheating are hording vast stockpiles of stuff and price fixing. If they weren't price fixing, prices would change dramatically after a mass deletion.

I think the devs need to follow the money and burn the vendors that store it. All they have to do to figure out who's legit or not is to query their database for all vendors that are holding more than a certain amount of gold. Then they need to do sting operations on those vendors to see where their resources come from. If it's determined that the wares sold on these vendors are from illegal sources, burn the vendor. I don't think they need to ban accounts right away... Just burning the vendors will effectively drain massive amounts of gold from the economy, which will slowly stabalize it.

I have to say, though. This recent house burning has made some comodities a lot less available and I suspect it will actually impact prices judging by the availability of some resources. I think this one cheater was single-handedly removing all legitimate players from the market. It's kind of like how use of slave labor and child labor allows some countries to undercut legitimate producers (real world example).

The house burnings were a nice 3rd step toward getting illegal supply out of the UO economy. Until all illegal inlets into the UO economy are controlled, there's nothing the devs can do to fix the UO economy.

T

TheGwy

There's a vendor on Chesapeake, I wont name mall but it's in the North-East corner, that ALWAYS has Valorite hammers stocked, as well as heartwood runcis and BULK tokens, you do the math ...

G

There's a vendor on Chesapeake, I wont name mall but it's in the North-East corner, that ALWAYS has Valorite hammers stocked, as well as heartwood runcis and BULK tokens, you do the math ...

Im always amazed that this mall never seems to run out of such high end almost impossible to get items.

The vendor owner must be the most lucky man in UO to keep pulling Valorite BOD after Valorite BOD and to also own a Talisman of TOKEN Summoning what are the odds on that.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

I was talking to one guy in brit tram selling Bkits who said he was waiting on his order of 200 Bkits to arrive!!!

[/ QUOTE ]Arrrrrr, direct from manufacturer (EA) at wholesale pricin'!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
<blockquote><hr>

The Small Piece of Blackrock was also obtainable for many many days (a few weeks) at server up just lying around on the ground in a few places on shards. You had to look very closely to find them. They showed up as a diamond &amp; ruby on the ground until you picked them up. Then they would change in your pack to "A Small Piece of Blackrock". I myself received numerous Aggy hammers &amp; a couple of Verite ones from these pieces. Val was very possible like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm Val hammers from the small pieces that were ground finds, I received 2 of them that way. Also got a few aggy and one verite hammer from the large pieces of BR that spawned. Had a total of 90-100 large peices (mined them all in under 3 days at infused area) and 10 or so of the small. I don't think it would be impossible to have a great deal of Val hammers out there from the turn in.

DENNAR

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted this thread originally---NOTHING HAPPENED from EA

How are things going now about Val Hammers?

B

Beldon

Burn um all and let Draconi sort um out!

I don't think Dracconi will "know his own."