• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how many to beat exodus boss?

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how many in party to defeat boss?
can we do it with 2? a bard/mage/spellweaver and a mystic/mage/spellweaver (or thrower)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IMO the key to Exodus is keeping him still, which means something for him to tank on. I have not tried a player as a tank with healers. Pets can tank with enough healers. Colossus seem to work best as long as your group can keep them up. Two could do it, but would take a long time to kill it.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure lets start a richard waving contest. How about how long can you delay the next group going through. How about 8 players do it 4x faster and 4x many more players get through during prime time, math.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
itll only delay the next group if the boss is less than 60% hp when the next group tries to enter, and i believe it has a timer to finish him as well. Im sure the op is asking how many because they might live on a low population shard or they keep off hours and dont have access to as many players as the rest of us.

and if it was a richard waving contest then im sure the post would have went something like, "Me and my dual client disco character 'soloed' exodus in 10 minutes! beat that nubz."

but back to original ?
Exodus likes to move fast and leave plenty of area damaging vortices. a support character -heals/disco/Spellweave- that has great mana regeneration capabilities and LMC plus any other Buff items you can handle (fish pies, potions, balms, etc. both for healer and fighter)
the damage dealer of course should be maxed out on possible damage to non slayer monsters, so you might want chiv for enemy of one etc. or you can get a 100 DI suit and I believe i had best luck with a 100% fire damage weapon, maybe energy. HP and Stam regen is good for fighter to keep him swinging fast and alive. if theres room the fighter could benefit from alittle spellweaving as well, so he can cast attunement or aid in his own healing with gift of renewal.
most of all, with 2 people in there it shouldnt get too laggy so as long as you and your friend are quick at dodging the vortices, you might be able to take him down. hope that helps

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how many in party to defeat boss?
can we do it with 2? a bard/mage/spellweaver and a mystic/mage/spellweaver (or thrower)
Bard wont help much there at all. And only 2 players will be a bit short. We did it with 5-6 players, - that was challanging enough! But we had enough casters to keep him busy quite a lot - but collected quite a lot grey robes...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4 Mage-Mystics-Weaver (nice template!) are enough: Cast Rising Colossus, fire energy or fire damage from distance (directly behind those vorticies - so you dont get damaged) and then nyraxle him down...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4 Mage-Mystics-Weaver (nice template!) are enough: Cast Rising Colossus, fire energy or fire damage from distance (directly behind those vorticies - so you dont get damaged) and then nyraxle him down...

nyraxle ???

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We did it with a group of three. Two warriors and one bard. Warriors cross healed and kept evasion up as much as possible while bard cast healing from a distance. There were lots of deaths at first but once we got the timing down and the bard distance< so he did not get targeted, we were good to go. The fight was a long one. It does go alot faster with more characters, and it would have been great to have more join in but no-one showed up.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long is it taking you to do it with only 2 people??
15 - 20 mins

Once pinned down by the greater dragons its pretty easy. Gotta have 2x people healing each dragon I found.

Healing by myself with ranged greater heals wasn't enough. Healing with bandies just got me killed!

Also just want to add. Got 2 drops both times I have been there. The other mage / mystic who was helping to heal my GD also got a drop :)

Last edited:

Good Grief

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
15 - 20 mins

Once pinned down by the greater dragons its pretty easy. Gotta have 2x people healing each dragon I found.

Healing by myself with ranged greater heals wasn't enough. Healing with bandies just got me killed!

Also just want to add. Got 2 drops both times I have been there. The other mage / mystic who was helping to heal my GD also got a drop :)
Let me make sure I'm understand you though... Are you doing it with 4 people or just 2?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me make sure I'm understand you though... Are you doing it with 4 people or just 2?
4 people with 2 greater dragons. 2x people healing each dragon. Might be ok with 3 people but not tried that yet.

Good Grief

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
4 people with 2 greater dragons. 2x people healing each dragon. Might be ok with 3 people but not tried that yet.
Ok thanks, thought that's what you were getting at.

15-20 mins with 4 people isn't bad. Just wondering how long these people claiming they're doing it with 2 are taking and what temps they're using.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Question though,

How long is it taking you to do it with only 2 people??
Honestly I didn't time it. Around 15 minutes I'd guess. You need to set your templates up for massive damage and get honor off before he blesses himself. It takes longer if you have to wait for him to heal up.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1st time - 4 ppl (10mins because another group got in and it died pretty fast)
2nd time - solo (1 hour almost)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exodus moves fast as hell, faster than the original Paragon speed. The only people that could possibly outrun/kite him, are speedhackers who've told Scotty to engage the Warp Drive.
Best bet, is to keep him still by tanking him with either lots of RCs, or two X-Healing Warriors (a nearly lost art nowadays, it seems).

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Exodus moves fast as hell, faster than the original Paragon speed. The only people that could possibly outrun/kite him, are speedhackers who've told Scotty to engage the Warp Drive.
This isn't true. I've outrun him and gotten a invis off. Not every time, but it is possible.

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Healing with bandies just got me killed!
Not that I thought Exodus was going to work that way, but I guess this is another boss where Veterinary is useless :(

Ah well, guess I'll take the mage in, then.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'solo' is open to interpretation. Mostly in this case it means dual client. 2 or more chars, one player.
Bards do well enough to earn scrolls - but their role is support, using masteries - mine uses inspire.
The secret to doing Exodus is working together as a group. Anchoring him in place with a couple of 'tanks'. Either greater dragons or dexxers, and EVERYONE working to keep your tanks alive. Rising Colossus also does nicely. Just don't let him run around. Don't cast direct damage on him unless he's well occupied with the tanks or he will chase you.

Good Grief

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm finding it harder and harder to get people to do Exodus now that either the novelty has worn off or people have already gotten their +5 scrolls (which is really the only reason worth fighting him).

I'm hoping they change it so only 1 person has to have the keys like other peerless encounters. At least then I could spend a couple hours getting keys and give a shout out asking if anyone wants to go, instead of depending on 3+ other people having already gotten keys, etc.