• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many time need to see EA THAT SOLUTION of UO IS JOIN SERVERS

B

Beer_Cayse

Actually UOKaiser is correct and that is the premise of the UO Sandbox environment.

lycj

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the places we wanted to be more populated are banks and dungeons, why dont just make these areas "share" between all shards in same region?

Players can gate / recall to shared area from another shared area only, vice versa for shard specific area.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merge T2A and dungeons on multiple shards. :)
This would work but would be best if they created a new shared dungeon, instance, battleground or what the hell ever it needs to be called in "UO terms" so die hards can't **** and moan it's a WOW clone thing or whatever gargbage is spewed these days.

I nice que for instance pvp action would be great.

The server consoldation idea would do nothing except make me 500$ richer every year.

C

Cal_Mythic

For the record we have discussed this, and have not done it for all the reason you are mentioning.

First, we have to respect the players who have invested time and real world money, and virtual blood in their real estate. Merging would be a bit of a nightmare right now ...

Secondly, we have to think of benefit v. pain in something so expansive.

So for right now, in an "off expansion" dev cycle (notice I said Dev Cycle not Year), we are focusing on live and getting our core things fixed to try to drive players toward playing, and activity.

- Cal

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I know of three player-run towns on two shards that recently celebrated their 12th Anniversaries that would be impossible to reconstruct if there was a server merge. So, NO to merging servers.

WildStar

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry bad idea IMO for all the reasons stated above.

You state that you don't want to transfer to another shard because the ping is not as good. Let me ask you, what happens if your server were one of the ones to be shut down? Would you then transfer to another shard where the ping isn't as good? If you would, why can't you just do that now?

In the end, I just don't see this as a solution to the lack of people you find for your playstyle on your shard. When I ran into a similar problem, I moved shards. Now I find that I always have a group I can join. I would much rather see EA invest the time in fixing the many bugs and issues that have been brought up rather than into some messy server merge that's going to leave a good number of people extremely unhappy.

T

Tazar

Sorry bad idea IMO for all the reasons stated above.

You state that you don't want to transfer to another shard because the ping is not as good. Let me ask you, what happens if your server were one of the ones to be shut down? Would you then transfer to another shard where the ping isn't as good? If you would, why can't you just do that now?

In the end, I just don't see this as a solution to the lack of people you find for your playstyle on your shard. When I ran into a similar problem, I moved shards. Now I find that I always have a group I can join. I would much rather see EA invest the time in fixing the many bugs and issues that have been brought up rather than into some messy server merge that's going to leave a good number of people extremely unhappy.
Transferring shards is an easy solution for most players. In the US of Japan, ping does not change that much - but for the OP who plays on Europa, the only choice to keep a reasonable ping is Drach... that also has a low population so there is no point in x-ferring.

The Shard transfer probably works great to solve the issue - unless you play Europa, Drach, or Oceana.