• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Many Sims?

I

imported_LFancey

Ok last shot.. then I am out of the slot issue it causes me rage.

Here is what you do. Write down all your sims names and ages for your account (In this case you can skip TC3 cause as I have said before it does not count).

Don't forget to include TSO sims, and BV sims, and EALand sims. (If you don't have sims in TSO, or BV, or EALand then you don't need to write them down.)

Once you have written them down then Draw 8 boxes on a piece of paper. I use crayon and I like purple.

Then starting on the left write the "OLDEST" sim name in that box.
Move to the next box and write the next "OLDEST" sim name in that box.
Continue doing this from left to right until you have filled up all the boxes.

That is what you will see in the slots when we merge

If you have any open slots and you are 1000% (yes 1000%) sure that you got all your sims accounted for Make some more in EALand.

If you have sims not in boxes and you really really really really like them cause they are your fav. Then look at those 8 boxes and erase one.

Move every sim over to the left and and then write the next oldest sim that was not in a box before in the last box on the right. Repeat untill you have your favorite sim in a box.

In regards to the merge please read my blog post which states what to expect after Jan 30th (which is 6 days away) http://tso-e.com/blog/?p=521

Merges are weeks away folks get ready.

Peace,

Lee

G

I'm thinking that may not be strong enough to keep Lee, from having 'rage'. A half dozen of these should do the trick, tho.

G

*dipkisses Lee since I can't get into EA Land to do it for 'real'*

ty ty. I really hope the BV merge can go off without a hitch, my BV sims are my oldest, the rest being less than 100 days old. With locks being based on entitlement days rather than age though(has that been implemented yet or is it still in the coding stage?), I guess it doesn't really matter, but my family is different colors of the robot skins, which I really like so I'd hate to see them go poof. I do have an open slot though, so I suppose I could make a robot sim to 'bullet train' into EA Land. *ponders*

Speaking of the bullet train, I haven't heard when that will be opened up? I'm still affected by the bug of not being able to create in EA Land presently so I am anxious to be able to move one or both of my production city sims into EA Land so I don't miss to much!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I use crayon and I like purple.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">Me too.</font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

Here is what you do. Write down all your sims names and ages for your account (In this case you can skip TC3 cause as I have said before it does not count).

Don't forget to include TSO sims, and BV sims, and EALand sims. (If you don't have sims in TSO, or BV, or EALand then you don't need to write them down.)

Once you have written them down then Draw 8 boxes on a piece of paper. I use crayon and I like purple.

If you have any open slots and you are 1000% (yes 1000%) sure that you got all your sims accounted for Make some more in EALand.

If you have sims not in boxes and you really really really really like them cause they are your fav. Then look at those 8 boxes and erase one.

Move every sim over to the left and and then write the next oldest sim that was not in a box before in the last box on the right. Repeat untill you have your favorite sim in a box.

In regards to the merge please read my blog post which states what to expect after Jan 30th (which is 6 days away) http://tso-e.com/blog/?p=521

Peace,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]
You dint say what kind of paper to use. Is "lined" ok? Can it be colored paper?
...and I don't have a purple crayon, will orange do? They're the same, right?
What kind of box? Square or rectangle? I like triangles.

How do I erase one? Does your purple crayon have an eraser? My orange one doesn't. I have a pink crayon too, I'll see if it has an eraser. Probly not, though.

(sorry... couldn't stop myself
)

I

imported_debslee

LMAO ROFL
- I was wondering when someone was gonna comment on that! Good on ya Donnovan, you posted what we all were thinking!!!!!!

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

I'm thinking that may not be strong enough to keep Lee, from having 'rage'. A half dozen of these should do the trick, tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, sorry, that won't do it. Lee is more fancey than that.

Lee needs a little of this:

a bit of this:

and a little of this:

Put those things together and Lee's a happy boy

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, sorry, that won't do it. Lee is more fancey than that.

Lee needs a little of this:

Put those things together and Lee's a happy boy

[/ QUOTE ]

(heart smiley)

On topic...

thanks for the information Lee. Hopefully this clears up all the confusion around here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You dint say what kind of paper to use. Is "lined" ok? Can it be colored paper?
...and I don't have a purple crayon, will orange do? They're the same, right?
What kind of box? Square or rectangle? I like triangles.

How do I erase one? Does your purple crayon have an eraser? My orange one doesn't. I have a pink crayon too, I'll see if it has an eraser. Probly not, though.

(sorry... couldn't stop myself
)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just mean, advertise the fact that you are intoxicated, and then not have the decency to ask any of the rest of us if we want a swig or puff off whatever it is

G

I told you, you have to talk to us like we are 5. Hopefully that will clear it all up.

TC3 does not matter! Right? LMAO

I haveta potty!

G

<blockquote><hr>

For those that still can't understand...here is a visual:

[/ QUOTE ]

awww @ the red one lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

For those that still can't understand...here is a visual:

[/ QUOTE ]
Love it! lol.

G

I'd tell you but they'd prefer I didn't give out their exact locations.

The only thing that matters is that they AREN'T in TC3.

L

legscroft

<blockquote><hr>

Peace,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're able to have 8 ea-land sims according to your chart why does it only allow me to create a max of 6? I don't need to be talked to like I'm 5...I just need clear info that makes sense. If I had been given clear info in the past regarding slots, I would have known that I needed to create production city sims before creating tc3 sims &amp; would not have been limited to the choice of only playing in tc3 or deleting 1 sim a week for 6 weeks. I for one want the max amount of sims I can have for the money I pay a month. Why shouldn't I have the same benefit that others can have? So my question is...Will these other 2 empty slots appear after the merges start? Or should I create 2 betaville sims to merge?

G

As of now EA-Land is running off of the same code as TC3, I believe. This is where the max of 6 comes in. After Betaville merges you will be allowed a max of 8. At this point in time there is no need for the 8 slots because the merges haven't started yet, except for people who do not have any sims merging. My guess is that they will be changing the code sometime between now and then to allow for the 8.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Peace,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're able to have 8 ea-land sims according to your chart why does it only allow me to create a max of 6? I don't need to be talked to like I'm 5...I just need clear info that makes sense. If I had been given clear info in the past regarding slots, I would have known that I needed to create production city sims before creating tc3 sims &amp; would not have been limited to the choice of only playing in tc3 or deleting 1 sim a week for 6 weeks. I for one want the max amount of sims I can have for the money I pay a month. Why shouldn't I have the same benefit that others can have? So my question is...Will these other 2 empty slots appear after the merges start? Or should I create 2 betaville sims to merge?

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be on the right track creating a BV family in preparation, however BV's fate is still uncertain, so it's not 100% sure that those sims will successfully merge. That's the hope of all of us with BV sims, but nothing can be promised right now.

As for the rest, I think Lee's post was frustration because this issue has been hammered and hammered and hammered, with as clear info as they are able to give right now without making promises because it's been proven what happens when they say "this WILL happen" and then something goes amuck that makes it not possible and all of a sudden its "pffft, EA lied again!!!". But the info has been talked about on the blog, and here, for at least a month and maybe more. When you have to repeat things that many times, then exasperation takes over and brings in frustration and sarcasm, thus making the reader feel they are being talked down to. Try putting yourself in the shoes of those who have repeatedly answered the same questions over and over again, and ask yourself how you'd react after the same question had been answered for the nth time, in several different posts, including one marked "FAQ", that is available for anybody to read.....I know I'd be ready to at least break out the pot of wet noodles.......if not the Tommy gun....

G

Parizad might lash me with a wet noodle for this, but she was kind enough to deleted a bunch of poor, unwanted EA Land sims for me lol... I did the same thing - was a bit hasty filling up those EA Land sim spots, not thinking it would cause problems later... And there's no ETA yet on when the final merge will happen... If we had an idea - 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc. - then we'd know we still have time to retire our doomed sims lol..

<font color="red"> Must Be Nice To Have Someone Do That For You And Have The Rest Of Us Sit And Wait The 7 Days Each Sim And Hope We Do It In Time And Not Lose The Sim We Want To Keep Cuz They All Have The Same Age As The One You Want To Keep, Wish I Had One Of The Devs To Help Me Out.....</font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

Parizad might lash me with a wet noodle for this, but she was kind enough to deleted a bunch of poor, unwanted EA Land sims for me lol... I did the same thing - was a bit hasty filling up those EA Land sim spots, not thinking it would cause problems later... And there's no ETA yet on when the final merge will happen... If we had an idea - 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc. - then we'd know we still have time to retire our doomed sims lol..

<font color="red"> Must Be Nice To Have Someone Do That For You And Have The Rest Of Us Sit And Wait The 7 Days Each Sim And Hope We Do It In Time And Not Lose The Sim We Want To Keep Cuz They All Have The Same Age As The One You Want To Keep, Wish I Had One Of The Devs To Help Me Out.....</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh*

What is the point of griping because somebody got a prop and you didnt? The only mistake here was that never should have been made public. But what WAS made public, from early on, is the number of EA Land sims total that we'd be able to have. Therefore, I STILL fail to see why it's the devs fault that some people chose not to listen and went and created more sims than they had room, as is what happened with TC3, which I'd have thought people would have learned from that experience. One of the best definitions I've heard of for insanity apart from the Webster's definition is "doing the same thing repeatedly, expecting different results".

And aside from that I can guarantee you, with near full certainty, that the way this was phrased rather than a "Hey, what kinda bribes do I need to offer up for a dev to do this for me? huh huh huh? Chocolate? Alcohol? A sim sex slave for a week?
" would have been a whole lot closer to getting what you wanted than coming across as simply having a case of sour grapes. Isn't the art of persuasion rather than demanding taught anymore? LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you asked?

G

I'm not griping as you say, all i was saying it must be nice to have a dev take care of your mistake, and yes i have tryed to ask for them to do the same for me but i cant get a hold of them in game and now as the stupid thing not letten me in game at all cuz it thinks I'm not a paying member i have to wait to get back in.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not griping as you say, all i was saying it must be nice to have a dev take care of your mistake, and yes i have tryed to ask for them to do the same for me but i cant get a hold of them in game and now as the stupid thing not letten me in game at all cuz it thinks I'm not a paying member i have to wait to get back in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where did I accuse you of griping? I just asked if you had talked to the devs about it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

not you the post b4 yours

[/ QUOTE ]
*Looks at the post b4 mine*

Oh - ok, I understand.

G

Posters in the Tech forum are saying, that they get back in after maintenance. Hope it works that way for you, too.

When you get in, the Blog has a listing of open hours for Town Hall in EA Land. This is where and when you should try to get help, from Parizad or the team.

G

I have three sims in regular cities, and probably four in BV but haven't played there in a while.

I have no option allowing me to create even 1 sim in EALand, nor in TC3.

Is it because tsoclient.exe detected Second Life on my system? Is that it? AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

G

Summer, I get this bug too, every day before maint. It's annoying, but I fix it by going to Betaville instead.
After maint, I can once again log in to EAL. I know a lot of people are affected by this. It is frustrating, even though we know they are doing their best to fix the problem. It is probably equally frustrating for the devs too. I imagine Randy is walking around, muttering and pulling his hair

Btw, Strike....that is just hilarious

Edit: grammatical issues....again

G

Billy,

You should be using TSO.Exe to enter the game and NOT TSO.client.exe.

Polly

I

imported_Shirl1211

Is it sims per productive cities or sims per account? I moved 1 sim form each city but realized that 3 of them are on 1 account. Should I cancel the move?

T

Tristan Lewis

Just giving this a bump seems there are ppl still not reading Everything.