• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Many Sims?

G

I'm So Lost In To How Many Sims We Are To Have...I Know Theres 3 In The Main City's And 6 In TC3 And Now In EA-Land Is It 4 Or 6 Cuz My Friend Made 6 In EA-Land
And Hes Has Only 1 Acct And Now Has 6 Sims In EA-Land.

G

This is my understanding.

We will be allowed a total of four (4) sims in EA Land....however they get there:
Newly created.
Sim Move.
Merge.

If you have 3 production city sims, then it would *not* be advisable to create 4 new sims in EA Land....because I have no idea which ones would survive when the cities merge, if you have too many total sims.

What goes with which:

<u>Newly created sims</u> start with nothing, but §500.
(At the moment land can be had for as low as §300, but they will introduce dynamic pricing sooner or later)

<u>Sim Move sims</u> will have their inventory and skill locks, only. No cash at all...not even the starting cash new sims get, until the weekly subscriber bonus (§500) arrives.

<u>Merged production city sims</u> will have their inventory, their property (on their own city map) and their skill locks, but no simoleons, until the weekly subscriber bonus.

We will have six (6) sim slots, available to us, in TC3.
No sim may move into or out of TC3.

======
If your friend has more sims than the allowed in EA Land, it may be a bug like the one when TC3 first opened and it should be reported, promptly.

S

Sativa L

Empty slots are tempting. I am sure that many will fill those slots and then not have access to the sims they made and skilled. Or no access to merged sims. My guess is that they will still exist but will be out of reach. Just like we could originally create more then 6 sims in TC3.

T

Tristan Lewis

I thought that once BV was merged we would all get 4 more slots.

G

They don't seem to be sure exactly how they are going to resolve Betaville...it will be the last one to merge.

G

I asked Lee this very question the other night. If I explain this wrong, I know I will get corrected. You will have supposedly 8 sims is what they are hoping for.

3 sims from production cities
1 you create in ealand(or 2 if you have 2 in production cities)
4 from Betaville(if they can get it to work)

I was advised to not have more than 3 total sims between production cities and ealand. This way, I would almost guarantee no lost sims for myself.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I asked Lee this very question the other night. If I explain this wrong, I know I will get corrected. You will have supposedly 8 sims is what they are hoping for.

3 sims from production cities
1 you create in ealand(or 2 if you have 2 in production cities)
4 from Betaville(if they can get it to work)

I was advised to not have more than 3 total sims between production cities and ealand. This way, I would almost guarantee no lost sims for myself.

[/ QUOTE ]
"...almost guarantee..."???
Your words or the dev's?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty scary for anyone with 3 old sims in production cities that just created a new sim in EA-Land. Pariticularly if their sim in the last city to merge across is the one with the most stuff, oldest, most skilled etc etc.

Polly

G

So here we are again - just like in tc3. Lots of folks have created 2 or 3 sims in EA Land because of this stupid misunderstanding, and will have to wait 7 days to delete so as not to endanger our older (production city) sims. In the meantime, if a city is merged before the excess EA sims are deleted, players risk having their older sims lost, overwritten, or whatever.

Nice.

G

I assume its like the TC and TC3 merge. The oldest sims overtake the younger ones. So if you have 6 ealand sims and 3 production city sims(not taking betaville into account), 5 of your ealand sims would be inaccessible.

And donavan, that is my thoughts, the almost part. He didn't say guarantee, his words were, "just to be safe."

G

<blockquote><hr>

He didn't say guarantee, his words were, "just to be safe."

[/ QUOTE ]
That doesn't fill me with a warm fuzzy feeling of security any more than"...almost guarantee...".
I wonder if they enjoy screwing with our minds?

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
That doesn't fill me with a warm fuzzy feeling of security any more than"...almost guarantee...".

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, how damn hard is it to give a clear answer? Does ANYONE on the Dev team know what the hell is going on? I'd like to see something OFFICIAL written explaining slots from a team member and not guesses from players here.

G

haha now im really lost, now this all makes me want to delete my ealand sim and hope my 3 main sims make it there with everything and nothings lost....would be nice to know wtf is going to happen...

L

legscroft

<blockquote><hr>

Agreed, how damn hard is it to give a clear answer? Does ANYONE on the Dev team know what the hell is going on? I'd like to see something OFFICIAL written explaining slots from a team member and not guesses from players here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also like a clear answer on this. I have no production city sims. I'm able to create 6 EA-Land sims. How many will be able to keep &amp; why are we able to create more than that?!?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, what I take from it is they don't enjoy the lynching they get after making promises and then not being able keep em. We as a community are the ones that did the lynching though, so now we can only blame ourselves that the devs feel this way

I

imported_SimTripps

Someone ask this question at the Pub, and once answered post it here.. I've made a whole slew of sims in EA Land and now I'm paranoid lol...

L

legscroft

<blockquote><hr>

No, what I take from it is they don't enjoy the lynching they get after making promises and then not being able keep em. We as a community are the ones that did the lynching though, so now we can only blame ourselves that the devs feel this way

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would they not be able to keep the promise of how many total sims we can have? Seems to me it's a cut and dry decision they should make and let all of us know!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would they not be able to keep the promise of how many total sims we can have? Seems to me it's a cut and dry decision they should make and let all of us know!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't begin to pretend to be techie enough to understand why or why not something would/wouldn't be possible. For myself, I wouldn't create any more than 1 sim per account in EA Land until after the merge. Doing so before we are given a final answer, whenever that is, just doesn't sound like the smart thing to do to me if I don't want to lose any of my sims. But I'm not gonna rush the devs for that decision......when they know and they tell Parizad, she'll tell us and then we'll know. No different than any other time in the last 5 years, and I've learned from experience that all kicking and screaming here in posts will do is give me sore fingers......it won't get me answers quicker. This realization has cut way down on stress and the need for Tylenol, Ibuprofen or stronger drugs to treat the migraines I was giving myself

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't begin to pretend to be techie enough to understand why or why not something would/wouldn't be possible. For myself, I wouldn't create any more than 1 sim per account in EA Land until after the merge. Doing so before we are given a final answer, whenever that is, just doesn't sound like the smart thing to do to me if I don't want to lose any of my sims. But I'm not gonna rush the devs for that decision......when they know and they tell Parizad, she'll tell us and then we'll know. No different than any other time in the last 5 years, and I've learned from experience that all kicking and screaming here in posts will do is give me sore fingers......it won't get me answers quicker. This realization has cut way down on stress and the need for Tylenol, Ibuprofen or stronger drugs to treat the migraines I was giving myself

[/ QUOTE ]

One would think that the decision would have been made before all those extra slots were made availibe to players. It seems things are being rushed ( again like the original release) and details and bugs are being overlooked again.

S

swissmoonbeam

yeah, i kind of wish they didn't give us so many empty slots. at this point i only have 4 total sims outside of tc3, so i THINK i'm safe....but we'll see.

moon

K

Kaylee_Sun

Geez.....I'd like to hear from a dev here. When TC3 first opened, I couldn't wait and deleted 1 production city sim and created in TC3 in that 3rd slot, should I delete that sim in TC3. the extra slots for sims I created in also in TC3. Yup, you guessed it...confused here. LOL

G

It Would Be Nice That A Dev Say Something On This To Whats Going On
Guess I'll Be Deleting All But 1 Sim In EALand And Not Have 3 Sims There Till They Tell Us Whats Going On With How Many Well Have

I

imported_MsStathamSim

Ahoy there, Cap'n LFancey! Parbuckle me if this ain't th' trickiest query I ever saw. Will ya belay yer hornpipin' an' come set this riddle aright? This wench'll be mighty pleased if ya do it smartly.

I

imported_LFancey

MsStathamSim me Lass,

By the powers I not be but a humble pirate and this whole issue of slots be Wi' a curse to me. So for I load meself to the gunwales and weigh anchors to fiddlers green let me see if I can set the course stragh and true.

As we promised when we opened ealand we would let you create there. We also said in the blog, stratics, and teh pub that you should make 1 avatar there. The number of avatars that you will have per account as a maximum is the following. (This is a theoretical maximum and much depends on when, how, and order of creation)

1 avatar for EALand on opening
3 avatar merged from other cities
4 avatars when BV gets merged.
6 avatars as viewed from TC3

Ner as I can tell that is 11 more than you can have per account now.

That be the truth of it maties and its not for the lyly-livered.

Yo-ho-ho back to me rum.

Cap'n LFancey

G

<blockquote><hr>

MsStathamSim me Lass,

By the powers I not be but a humble pirate and this whole issue of slots be Wi' a curse to me. So for I load meself to the gunwales and weigh anchors to fiddlers green let me see if I can set the course stragh and true.

As we promised when we opened ealand we would let you create there. We also said in the blog, stratics, and teh pub that you should make 1 avatar there. The number of avatars that you will have per account as a maximum is the following. (This is a theoretical maximum and much depends on when, how, and order of creation)

That be the truth of it maties and its not for the lyly-livered.

Yo-ho-ho back to me rum.

Cap'n LFancey

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok - 4 then.
Now help us to delete extra EA Land sims before the merging begins.

Umm..... uh, lessee.... avast, and be smart about it afore we claps ye in irons and introduces ye to the "cat".

Sorry, I seem to forgotten most of my High School Pirate, along with the French and Spanish.

G

Ty For Coming In And Telling Us, So Now Can You Plz Take Off The 7 Day Waiting So We Who Made More Then One Sim Can Delete Them.

E

EricaSKID

Uh oh. I made 4 EALand sims on all my accts today and yesterday. I guess I could delete a few to have some extra spaces. I don't really play in AV, CC, DC, EJ, and MF. Right now just EALand and BV. I need to go back to TC3 also to keep up with them.

T

Tristan Lewis

Are the 4 BV slots gonna be made available after BV is merged, if we dont already have BV sims created? ArGGGGGGGGGGGG LOL

L

legscroft

Yes, i still feel unclear
I have no production city sims or betaville sims...am I ok to make 4 ea-land sims? Is that the total I can make?

G

ok im a little scared and confused now i have 3 sims in the production cities and i created 1 in the ea-land(beta) wanted to check it out
will my 3 main sims merge ok or will i lose one or any stuff where i have one created in ea-land right now should i delete that one?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see why this is confusing to anyone. Dont make more then one EA Land avatar and you should be fine. If after the merge you still have some extra slots make them then. If you have allready made extra sims in EA Land consider deleting them at your first available opportunity or we will have a bunch of people complaining about how they cant get rid of these extra sims or they lost the extra sims after the merge and they "love" that sim and want it back. Seems simple enough to me.

L

legscroft

<blockquote><hr>

I dont see why this is confusing to anyone. Dont make more then one EA Land avatar and you should be fine. If after the merge you still have some extra slots make them then. If you have allready made extra sims in EA Land consider deleting them at your first available opportunity or we will have a bunch of people complaining about how they cant get rid of these extra sims or they lost the extra sims after the merge and they "love" that sim and want it back. Seems simple enough to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't speak for anyone else, but I have no sims to merge, therefore I'm confused why I would only create one sim and then sit around and wait for no others to merge. I just want the total # I can make. I'm just gonna guess it's 4 and forget about it.

N

NightFlyer

I agree this 7 day waiting period to delete additional sims needs to be removed ASAP. They get 0 start up funds anyway so what is the problem?

I know alot of people made more than one sim in EA Land thinking they would be over written by merging sims from production cities automatically.

If they lose production city sims because they could not delete them in time for city merges due to this ridiculous 7 day waiting period there will be alot of angry subscribers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok - 4 then.
Now help us to delete extra EA Land sims before the merging begins.

Umm..... uh, lessee.... avast, and be smart about it afore we claps ye in irons and introduces ye to the "cat".

Sorry, I seem to forgotten most of my High School Pirate, along with the French and Spanish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why anybody would have made more than one sim in EA Land within 48 hours of its opening on one account anyway. We've known from the blog for quite a while that 4 sims (not including the BV issue) was the *buzz* number, so if you knew you had 3 production cities to merge eventually, why would you create extra sims and THEN expect EA to help you correct the mistake?
7 days is not that long to wait, I don't think the merges are even gonna start happening then....if you were silly enough to create the sims, then I think you should just start from the list that was posted and delete one sim a week until all the extras are gone and whichever cities you have sims in can all merge on schedule.

Besides, wasn't it said that the oldest sims would survive anyway, thus automatically making those superfluous sims you just created inaccessible and out of the way anyway without the devs having to do anything extra? I'm seeing a rash of "I screwed up, help me fix it devs!!" posts here lately...are we spoiled already after not having devs for so long and now expect our hands to be held? LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree this 7 day waiting period to delete additional sims needs to be removed ASAP. They get 0 start up funds anyway so what is the problem?

I know alot of people made more than one sim in EA Land thinking they would be over written by merging sims from production cities automatically.

If they lose production city sims because they could not delete them in time for city merges due to this ridiculous 7 day waiting period there will be alot of angry subscribers.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.
The waiting period was extended because of the exploiting of start-up money; since that is no longer an issue, it should be reduced to 1 or 2 days

I

imported_LFancey

Aye,

There still be time so get down to your fav avatar. We may not survive to pass this way again.

Cap'n LFancey

S

swissmoonbeam

Well this is kind of silly. They said we could have 4 sims...but they didn't say how it would be distributed....so I made 2 in EAland....because I only have 2 in production cities...and that's ONLY because they wouldn't let me create a 3rd.

So I DO see how it's confusing. I'm not going to delete my second EAland sim. If it should disappear after the merge...well then....i guess it will go. If they only wanted us to make one sim in EAland to start, they should have only had ONE slot to fill.

Ok, that's my rant for today....other than that, i'm having a good time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't speak for anyone else, but I have no sims to merge, therefore I'm confused why I would only create one sim and then sit around and wait for no others to merge. I just want the total # I can make. I'm just gonna guess it's 4 and forget about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have no production sims to merge on an acct you are probably safe, but you are an exception to the rule. I could make a couple more on my 2nd acct I have only one sim to merge plus BV, but Im not going to make them until the merges are complete so I dont accidentaly mess myself up down the line.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have no production sims to merge on an acct you are probably safe, but you are an exception to the rule. I could make a couple more on my 2nd acct I have only one sim to merge plus BV, but Im not going to make them until the merges are complete so I dont accidentaly mess myself up down the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Words of wisdom, folks. I'm practically in the same boat. I only have 2 production city sims plus a TC3 sim, but I will not make any more than 1 EA Land sim either until after the merges of the two cities I am in are complete and I know where I stand....which for the record the two cities I'm in are further down the list, and I'm still gonna wait patiently so as to practice what I advocate

E

EricaSKID

I have Sims (3 accounts) in the following cities:

1st acct: AV-1 Sim, others in TC3, BV, and EALand (delete 1 EALand Sim)
2nd acct: AV-1 Sim, DC-1 Sim, others in TC3, BV and EALand (delete 2 EALand Sims)
3rd acct: CC-1 Sim, EJ-1 Sim, MF-1 Sim (delete 3 EALand Sims)

The rest are in TC3 (6 Sims/acct), BV (4 Sims/acct) and EALand (4 Sims/acct).

Edit: I figured it out on my own how many to delete so I can move the others.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I only have 2 production city sims and know I can create two EALand sims to equal my total 4. It's really not that hard to figure out. I really think this calculator Guy got me for xmas is coming in handy. I'm starting to do math!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I only have 2 production city sims and know I can create two EALand sims to equal my total 4. It's really not that hard to figure out. I really think this calculator Guy got me for xmas is coming in handy. I'm starting to do math!

[/ QUOTE ]

If we have three production city sims and ea land one and we want to put one of our production in ea on the bullet traing before merge would she be safe or would you be able to put her back to wense she came from
Also i have two production on one account and one tc3 (my 3 on main my account) would i be able to have two in ea land that were safe

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If we have three production city sims and ea land one and we want to put one of our production in ea on the bullet traing before merge would she be safe or would you be able to put her back to wense she came from
Also i have two production on one account and one tc3 (my 3 on main my account) would i be able to have two in ea land that were safe

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that bullet train is a one way trip. No turning back

I

imported_SimTripps

Parizad might lash me with a wet noodle for this, but she was kind enough to deleted a bunch of poor, unwanted EA Land sims for me lol... I did the same thing - was a bit hasty filling up those EA Land sim spots, not thinking it would cause problems later... And there's no ETA yet on when the final merge will happen... If we had an idea - 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc. - then we'd know we still have time to retire our doomed sims lol..

Z

Zinzi

<blockquote><hr>

Parizad might lash me with a wet noodle for this, but she was kind enough to deleted a bunch of poor, unwanted EA Land sims for me lol... I did the same thing - was a bit hasty filling up those EA Land sim spots, not thinking it would cause problems later... And there's no ETA yet on when the final merge will happen... If we had an idea - 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc. - then we'd know we still have time to retire our doomed sims lol..

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww how nice! So I guess she'll be doing it for everybody then!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I asked this question in another thread and was answered by Lee.
Although I am not fluent in Pirate, the gist was that we would have time to delete those extra sims before the merging begins.
However, as we all know, some minor grammatical error like a misplaced dipthong in Pirate can make ALLLLL the difference.
(whatever a 'dipthong' is-...hmmm a skimpy bathing suit for Borat???)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww how nice! So I guess she'll be doing it for everybody then!

[/ QUOTE ]

....doubtful.....but methinks SimTripps might be in for more than a wet noodle beating. Nice knowing you ST!