• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many shards do you play? (Spinoff thread)

Well, how many shards do you actively play?

• One shard

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Two shards

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Three shards

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Four or more shards

Votes: 17 13.1%

• Total voters
G

Gellor

After seeing many threads on "give us multiple houses per account" in a couple threads, I'm curious how many people actively play multiple shards?

By active, I mean putting 1-2 hours in a shard per week attended(ie nobody cares about the bots:lick: )

I'm currently active on three or four shards right now.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only Catskills. I've got more than enough there to keep me busy for a long while. Playing another shard would just give me gray hairs.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Developed characters and characters still in training that I play on a regular basis are spread out over twelve shards: Atlantic, Baja, Europa, Great Lakes, Lake Austin, Lake Superior, Legends, Napa, Oceania, Origin, Pacific, and Sonoma. I try to split my time between shards pretty evenly, but Sonoma is where I probably play the most these days.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Napa Valley be my main, also play Pac, Sonoma, ATL, Baja, Great Lakes and the occasional Siege run ;)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
same a Tina.

and we are in the same guild..... imagine that.

activlly play nightlly on sonoma.
and i split up my down time from my guild (they are late night players) so down time from them is day time or evenings on any over north american shard.
whichever one at the time has best connection or if i have a 'mission' that i wanna do. (ie pop a miner, tame something specific ect ect ect)

N

Ni-

I only play on Chessy. Chessy was the shard that I know people on when I started. Once I got hooked, that was it. I have started characters on other shards for multiple reasons suchas: trying a char build/look, attending another shards' event. I also tried to start playing Atlantic to see how playing on the top populated shard would be, but I just couldn't keep interest in it. Maybe some day.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only play on Legends. Ocassionally I run to other shards to check things out, but Legends will always be my home.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baja is my one and only home. I do have characters on most shards but none developed. Just for X-sharding. I do visit here and there on occasion, but only to check out stuff for reporting and what have you.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One shard (if I play) would play Siege if I could have more than a bankbox there.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Catskills, Europa and Drachenfels. Lately 99% Catskills.

I also have developed characters on Great Lakes, Lake Superior, Napa Valley, Chesapeake and Pacific, but I haven't played any of those characters in over a year now.

S

S.W.A.T

Four shards!
Lake Austin, Catskills, Great Lakes, and Oceania =]

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I actively play GL, though I have at the very least 5 characters on every shard save Siege and Mugen in which I probably have 2 or 3 characters there. Some of the characters I have on other shards are more developed than others ... Pacific there are several GM characters that my son used to play there... I have a few on Legends when I tried out that shard for awhile and a few on Catskills or Lake Superior with more than newbie skills... but other than that the rest of the shards those characters are mostly for X-Shard Trading of Gifts which I still do ..... I log them in log them out each time we get gifts.... some have gifts dating back 8 years or more...... some still have the 100 gold they started with and a practice weapon.... One even has a leather cap Sewn by someone.... which is rather cool.... I'm always surprised by what I find when I log some of them in and out....

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
One shard (if I play) would play Siege if I could have more than a bankbox there.

Gather some friends and come on over... I have a house at your disposal...It is always more fun with friends. *winks*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Oh yes... One shard. *smiles*

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hardly any I first started on pacific and then OSI borked up the game in 2000 so I moved to siege where UO was UO, Then sometime between 2004-2005 I left siege and went back to Pacific because OSI again Borked up the Game with AOS and completely ruined the shard. I still keep 2 active accounts (out of 10 at one time) but choose to play a pre aos, tramless, No powerscroll,no lands but britannia and t2a, server not endorsed by EA. So I guess I can say none but Im having a blast Playing The REAL UO.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have houses on 3 shards...and developed (or at least semi developed) on all shards...

Using mules with giant beetles for storage on shards that I don't have a house on heh. Works, but it's a pain...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two. Europa and Siege.

I play them roughly equally, and contrary to popular belief you don't *have* to be a pvper to lead a busy and rewarding 'life' on Siege, nor do you have to 'hate trammel'. I own a shop on Siege and craft diligently to stock it. It's a nice change of pace from my safer life on Europa.

On Europa my longer established family of characters do the hunting etc. Luckily for me, my husband plays too, which allows us to have homes on both shards, though there was much serious consideration given to our budget before I eventually was able to get my Siege shop.

G

Gellor

To answer myself, currently two: siege and pacific. Maybe adding a third.

Currently have houses on four or five shards(I forget) due to housing glitch(ie housing timer is not working for inactive accounts) I can think of one house that is still up on an account I haven't paid for in probably close to 2 years and another on an account that is probably a year unpaid:hahaha:

At one point, I was actively playing three: pacific, origin, and sonoma.

I've been active on and have fully developed chars on most of the US shards:eek:

F

Fink

I play Oceania most of the time, and Siege very occasionally.

Both my houses are on Oceania, a castle and a custom 18x18. I'd probably play more shards if I had the option of more houses per account, or make a village. Years back, before they made the current housing ownership rules, a friend and I had 5 characters each co-owned to newbie-placed houses made a village on trammel and a mirror on felucca. We had stashes of moonstones on both sides so we could slip between facets. Was kind of cool and back then we only had room for small houses, but each character had a house that suited them instead of them all residing in one large tower, keep or castle. My lumberjack had a log cabin, my smith a stone shop, my pirate and scribe a small tower each, and my priest a sandstone patio.

I think they changed the rule about co-owners and house refreshing because of people doing that sort of thing, though.. :x

C

Capricious

Developed characters on some past shards I've played, but I only play/rp one shard. Atlantic.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pac is my original and main shard

Origin, Sonoma and Siege also have developed chars

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently I play on two shards although I only have houses on one. I would love to be able to place another house on my second shard without the added expense of another account - having to operate out of the bank and pass items back and forth between characters is a bit of a pain.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atl and Gl when I want to feel the press of flesh, Origin and Legends when I want Herculean challenges. Houses on all and fairly well developed chars on all.