• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many playere are there in the servers?

Mertmetin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I just disappointed when i saw just a few people in Luna, in Europa server. How many player for ex in Europa? Is it possible to know that? What do you think?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No we don't know that but at 1:30 AM you not going to find many players on Europa or Drachenfels.

For Drachenfels most players come out after 7 pm. :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just disappointed when i saw just a few people in Luna, in Europa server. How many player for ex in Europa? Is it possible to know that? What do you think?
There are still a few regulars on Europa (as with most shards) but it's still very quiet. I returned back to UO and started on Europa (my original shard) but found the lack of population a bit of a downer. I like to hunt in a group or guild and find wondering around solo pretty boring.

I then made new characters on Atlantic and a few other shards. I Spent a few days of each checking out population etc, if resources and supplies are easy to buy and stuff like that. It was clear to see Atlantic was the most heavily populated. I then got transfer tokens and moved all my characters across and setup home there.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Almost all of the shards (except for Pac and Atlantic) have a fairly low population. This isn't always a bad thing, though. I play on Napa Valley (my original shard) and I was able to place a house very near the city that I have decided that all of my characters are going to be from, Vesper. I even plan to run for office in September (vote for me!). And because there aren't thousands of players on my server, I actually have a chance to win it.

Sure it doesn't really give you all that much, mostly it's just a title and you get to go to meetings to encourage in-game participation, but I'm very into the RP and we seem to be doing quite well in that field. I'm leveling my characters while I'm at it, but it's really the Roleplaying that I really enjoy.

Each shard has its own little communities and its own benefits. Sometimes you will be chatting in an empty room, but at other times you will find people looking for help on fungeons (fun dungeon) that normally you wouldn't be able to join them on.

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa is indeed pretty dead, but mainly i feel as there is just no seller market there, finding items is a royal pain.

it was my orignal shard, i still have a home there with 7 chars, upon my return earlier this year i made the desision to move to SP, which also was dead, thankfully recent changes have made SP quite busy, but no where on the scale of atlantic,

if you want hussel and bussel then atlantic is the one for you

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are you looking for? I've not seen an appeal for items go unanswered in help chat recently.
I play Europa and interact with folk most of the day in one way or another.

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i guess that was directed at me petra?

nothing in particular at the moment, because ive stop playing europa (not quit, just having a break) and i did this as generally shopping drove me nuts, espically when trying to fill out my house,

though i left there around feb, things could of easily started looking up since my migration ;)

if and when im back ill make sure to put the requests into help

[and when i say break i mean moved to sp] ;)

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) I too maintain a presence on both Siege and Europa. Currently I'm playing Europa most, having found a group I can do stuff with. I can recommend the New Player House on Europa ( just south of Trinsic Moongate) and through a house teleporter there, RAA Guild shop, where such mundane things as crafted furniture etc can be found.

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually the RAA guild shop is one place i could find some items to buy, i do have a rune for there, been europa since 2003, but finally took the plunge for sp,

i should of also mentioned that some of the decision to move was centered around the "risk" element that i find lacking in all prodo's as of late ;)

im part of Nightfall there, i should proberly pop back in to say hello ;)

glad to see you have found a good bunch to hang round with, it really makes the game when that happens!