• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many player towns on the shards got their Town Banner?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Order of the Ebon Skull banner, can be found on Atlantic shard via the first statue outside of south luna. The main house next to it is one of mine.

Town / Guild is dead for now but bennu posted a while back that this specific banner will be kept for historic reasons even tho the town does not currently meet the requirements.

skull.png

Last edited:

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Order of the Ebon Skull banner, can be found on Atlantic shard via the first statue outside of south luna. The main house next to it is one of mine.

Town / Guild is dead for now but bennu posted a while back that this specific banner will be kept for historic reasons even tho the town does not currently meet the requirements.

View attachment 23656

What are the requirements to be called a town? and can a town still get banners like this?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are the requirements to be called a town? and can a town still get banners like this?
this was the latest thing posted about it (for atlantic anyway)
http://stratics.com/community/threads/a-word-on-town-banners.312070/

It seems to be different for each shard, and like all things waiting around for mesanna or a dev. When the project was actively going on (at least 4 years ago now?) requests were being responded to well, but now its whenever an important person gets around to it.

generally its active members, events/meeting, and 5ish buildings that all having something unifying in common. It has alot to do with the specific shard tho, becuase i know towns on some shards were denied for reasons like "your buildings dont all look the same"

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The rules are different depending on your shard. *frowns*.....

Newcastle Township on GL's was the first on GL to get a banner. And I love it. I just wish that player towns meant more.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
C!C Settlement Banner can be found just west of Minoc a little east of the swamp (Fel) 670 25N 640 3E/ Napa Valley

Town Banner.jpg

T

Tazar

FallingWaters.jpg

This is the banner for Falling Waters Fortress on Atlantic in Malas (Just off the west shore of the lake). I had planned a much simpler design, but Mesanna opted to play with it a bit and fit it into the theme of the town's houses.

There are several of the other older designs from Atlantic in this thread.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i put together the application package for one on Sonoma for a friend of mine, took me all of like a hour to put it together then had another gal design it, we submitted it and then Mesanna added her own flair to it.

originally we had asked for a bench under the tree, the tree is the meeting place for everyone in the town to meet and chat and catch up, so we got more then a bench!
we got a platform you can walk out on to address the people and lots and lots of benches!

all in all we love it and it was not hard to set up.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This one was made for a PK guild.
the sign was never put on it but after a while we kind of preferred it the way it is.
we wanted a public Pillory and i think the dark twist that was put on it is just right for our PK town.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Shame on the ones, who always complain about Mesanna and her Devs. I really love we now have a Dev team with a lead who care for us and the Communities on the shards. Community feeling is what make players stay. When I started playing year 1997, I feeled UO was a second world/live. There had been years, where UO lost the magic and the players did not need each others. The last years sinse SA, I feel it started to go the right way and now with the City system and support to active player town, the feeling of UO being a world/second life start comming back. When we get the stuff from TC, the feeling will get stronger as there will be stuff to do around the Towns and the road and the sea will get used more. Vendor Seach do help alot too as not all shops have to be around main Towns and gates, they can move back to the player Towns.

I have worked hard to get the old player town Safe Haven on Siege back to life and we are now 26 houses/towes/keeps/castles, owned of different guilds, who together try to make it work and do events.
I hope my design get accepted and we meet the requirements to become a City.

It's amazing to see this town banners, and I hope the Communities will stay alive so we can keep them.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Shame on the ones, who always complain about Mesanna and her Devs. I really love we now have a Dev team with a lead who care for us and the Communities on the shards. Community feeling is what make players stay. When I started playing year 1997, I feeled UO was a second world/live. There had been years, where UO lost the magic and the players did not need each others. The last years sinse SA, I feel it started to go the right way and now with the City system and support to active player town, the feeling of UO being a world/second life start comming back. When we get the stuff from TC, the feeling will get stronger as there will be stuff to do around the Towns and the road and the sea will get used more. Vendor Seach do help alot too as not all shops have to be around main Towns and gates, they can move back to the player Towns.

I have worked hard to get the old player town Safe Haven on Siege back to life and we are now 26 houses/towes/keeps/castles, owned of different guilds, who together try to make it work and do events.
I hope my design get accepted and we meet the requirements to become a City.

It's amazing to see this town banners, and I hope the Communities will stay alive so we can keep them.
You are so right. Before Pitmuck, I was thinking about quitting; but after discovering the goblin community, I decided to stay. Feeling connected to others can make all the difference. :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
interestingly enough, apparently i live in a town on ATL and i didnt even know about it up until a little while ago.
town stone is 20 tiles from my house and i didnt even know it was there.

i need to get out of my house more!