• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many katanas have you achieved from the Bane?

How many katanas have you achieved from the Bane?

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • 2-5

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • 6-10

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • 11-25

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 26+

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I did not participate

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • I gave up due to slow spawn rate

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • I participated but only killed Meer/Ophidians

Votes: 5 7.1%

• Total voters

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was curious how many of the defiler katanas people have farmed from the current bane town invasions. The event has been up forever now, and I am wondering what kind of supply UO will be left with after the event is over and the spawn ends.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6-10 I think. After noticing that the weapon hits for the least effective resist on every Fey I was less then keen to farm more. This said it did help to kill a few Mel's in a new AIing fashion but that got old fast.

T

Talula

I got 2 so far, gave one away to a guildmate and kept one for myself.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gave up after helping defend 3 cities with as much time as I could and didn't get one.. Will buy one when I remember.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did it for about 2 hours till everyone in the group got one. That pvm is so god awfully boring! But I can 3 shot peoples cu sidhe's now! :D Happy day!

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your poll is conspicuously absent an option for "None" without a qualifier. You have "None because I didn't play," "None because I played and gave up," and "None because I played but killed the wrong things." But not "None because I am playing and just haven't received any yet."

S

Sevin0oo0

None - killed for hours on end, but don't have a template that will kill guards. I helped plenty, only gotten leftovers, I've since given up - rather be scripting and just buy one

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think it's safe to say I've gotten 6 to 10 but it's hard to say since I know I've given away at least 4.

I enjoy doing the bane spawns though.

And for the record I think I've gotten just as many on my bushido archer as I've gotten on my peacer tamer.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ur poll iz suspiciously absent of "0" button...so my answer iz invalid.
Your poll is conspicuously absent an option for "None" without a qualifier.
none out of maybe 20 kills or so
Hm ... I didn't think to have a "0," or a "0 and still trying," but from the responses, there seems to be a large enough pocket of users who are in that category. I guess I was more interested in positive quantities.

I earned four myself, one on Origin, three on Chesapeake, of which I gave away one. I only used mages to kill them.

None - killed for hours on end, but don't have a template that will kill guards.
Do you have a mage w/ eval and a demon slayer spellbook?

Didn't participate because mages were excluded from this event.
Do you mean because we couldn't cast summons in town? What I did, without a slayer on Origin, was use a necro mage. I'd corpse skin, FS, then run if teleported lol. On Chesapeake, I used hail storm and healing stone, with a demon slayer spellbook.

J

Javin

i got 3 of my 6 on a mage...just cant use area spells or summons...

~J

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Rubbish poll no 0. I killed and got looting rights to over 100 guards on my tinker. Not 1 Katana drop. rolleyes:

I am also selling 500,000,000,000,000 of them focussin gems if anyones interested hehe ^^

R

RavenWinterHawk

A game gone so wrong.
No option for I bought several for 555k each.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rubbish poll no 0. I killed and got looting rights to over 100 guards on my tinker. Not 1 Katana drop. rolleyes:

I am also selling 500,000,000,000,000 of them focussin gems if anyones interested hehe ^^
Another 0, interesting. Wonder what the drop rate is. Took me two to get my first katana on origin, two more on ches, yet some haven't scored one after over a month.

Well, according to those most vocal, four people are in the 0 and still trying category, which puts them in line with those who have over 26 and those who remain "True Bane"; an equal amount of hoarders, RPers, and those without RNG luck, while the majority have 2-5.

Oh, and to the previous poster, Cogniac, who identified Meer/Ophidian as "killed the wrong thing," no -- I was interested in who remained tied to the Bane, which isn't "killing the wrong thing" ;P.

A game gone so wrong.
No option for I bought several for 555k each.
roflmao :)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a couple right off the bat on Origin, battled several spawns to no effect on GL.

All the ones on Origin were from guards in place after the town had been lost.

S

Sevin0oo0

Do you have a mage w/ eval and a demon slayer spellbook?
I use a necro mage. I use hail storm and healing stone, with a demon slayer spellbook.
No, Don't have a necro or demon slayer spellbook, never seen a healing stone. Nor do I have a suited combat mage - saw amost Zero in there fighting. I have a demon slayer sword, but it didn't seem to make any difference, least ways on the smaller bane guards. Since insurance means nothing to looters, I just quit using it, and used a repond (probably equally worthless).

I say the towns should let us cast Anything, or they can defend(lose) it all by themselves.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a demon slayer sword, but it didn't seem to make any difference, least ways on the smaller bane guards. Since insurance means nothing to looters, I just quit using it, and used a repond (probably equally worthless).

I say the towns should let us cast Anything, or they can defend(lose) it all by themselves.
Ah okay -- the bane guards are demon, while the bane dragons are dragon, or reptile, the regular bane (red npcs) are repond and the hell hounds are, at best, wolf ... but not sure if that's the case. Either way, there's only one wolf slayer in the game at current, and it's not that easy to get (and probably not worth it unless you can imbue it, and even then, just against Gnaw for farming ML arties).

As a dexxer, the best thing to do versus a guardian is to just joust ... and don't use a wep w/ hit spell, because you could get teleported back after the hit spell proc hits :x. A chiv dexxer, by chance? If so, EoO, consecrate, and run by hits (jousting) should wear it down eventually ...

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interest has sagged. Even on Atlantic, cities have started falling to the Bane for a lack of katana-farming "defenders".

R

RavenWinterHawk

Interest has sagged. Even on Atlantic, cities have started falling to the Bane for a lack of katana-farming "defenders".
Which ones have fallen?

I think thats great.

MUST HAVE MORE KATANA's *searches luna vendors (legally)*

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know Cove has fallen on Atlantic. I quit paying attention a while ago.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
To be honest, I simply forgot all about them. I could well have missed some...

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I soloed more than 60 guards with my ABC archer and prolly killed another 40 with my disco tamer (in group though).
And Lord GOD got 26 Katanas on the first day? Hmmmm....
If I would have known you can buy them for under a mil on my shard now I wouldnt even have started but seeing my luck I thought they would be ultra rare :).