• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many are lurking?

D

Del_Xavier

How many of you out there are still around but just lurking? I know with all the PvP threads lately I haven't posted much, so I'm kinda wondering how many are also lurking and just haven't found many interesting threads to post to?

C

Calell

<blockquote><hr>

*raises hand*

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't count. You discredit anything on Sonoma for Siege now :p

C

Calell

The real question tho, Max, is how many of the lurkers actually posted before PvP threads became so common or have they always been lurkers, and how many that are waving in as lurkers still post regularly? hehe

*raises hand as an outspoken Sonoman, no lurking here*

T

Tantalyr

*raises hand*

I've been lurking for several years seeing if I should return. Alas, I've not seen anything to change my mind . . . .

M

Mazrim

*Raises Hand*

Lurking, hardly ever posting, reading daily, still playing daily.

Trammie, Guilded and not even remotely interested in PvP.

Mazrim of MoR

D

Dor of Sonoma

Herewith, a question for any of you 'lurkers':

If PvP threads dismay or bore you, why do you not post something else?

I think that the only reason there's been a preponderance of those lately is due to the fact that no one else seems to be inclined towards contributing to the forum.

Just my two cents.

D

Del_Xavier

Well before this thread, I didn't even know half of these guys were still here. LOL

It's good to know that people are still around. *waves to everybody*

I am encouraged by Salty Pete's post today, although it is a bit wacky. Hehe.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Do they have to be around, in order to make an effort?

Given those parameters, perhaps I should quit running events or posting, myself.

*shrugs*

G

<font color="purple"> I have posted on and off for quiet some time.. I even tried to start a thread other then pvp.. but it always got lost in the pvp threads. *shrugs* ... so I lurk.. I still love Sonoma.. always will... true because of one bad apple it lost alot of its charm.. but I still am here.. I dont pvp. Not that I didnt give it a shot.. just didnt have the "heart" for it.. Pax, Silk </font>

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im always floating around, but I do agree, if you dont enjoy the pvp threads post other threads and bury those.

R

RollinTheTweed

Well Silk I can understand that being that it doesn't interest you. But don't let the PvP threads stop you from posting and/or replying. You guys need to fire up again and bring a varity back to the boards. I kinda miss reporters doing the whole story night thing at the YMCA. I may not be a reporter, but I think I can pull off a sigment myself when the road trip is over. Can't have a red followin' ya guys 'round... The finger may get itchy for the trigger, hehee...

L

Lady Vixen

<blockquote><hr>

Well Silk I can understand that being that it doesn't interest you. But don't let the PvP threads stop you from posting and/or replying. You guys need to fire up again and bring a varity back to the boards. I kinda miss reporters doing the whole story night thing at the YMCA. I may not be a reporter, but I think I can pull off a sigment myself when the road trip is over. Can't have a red followin' ya guys 'round... The finger may get itchy for the trigger, hehee...

[/ QUOTE ]

Who want to hear what I did?

<blockquote><hr>

Darius: Zita
Darius: Blessings of Sosaria to you and merry met, friend.
Darius: I am glad for your company and wonder if you seek the heritage of your people? I sense within you an elven bloodline -- the purity of which was lost when our brothers and sisters were exiled here in the Rupture.
Darius: If it is your desire to reclaim your place amongst the people, you must demonstrate that you understand and embrace the responsibilities expected of you as an elf.
Darius: The most basic lessons of our Sosaria are taught by her humblest children. Seek Maul, the great bear, who understands instictively the seasons.
Darius: Seek Strongroot, the great treefellow, whose very roots reach to the heart of the world. Seek Enigma, whose wisdom can only be conveyed in riddles and rhymes. Seek Bravehorn, the great hart, who exemplifies the fierce dedication of a protector of his people.
Darius: Seek the Huntsman, the centuar tasked with maintaining the balance. And lastly seek Arielle, the pixie, who has perhaps the most important lesson -- not to take yourself too seriously.
Darius: Or do none of these things. You must choose your own path in the world, and what use you'll make of your existence.
107o 3'S,  31o 42'E
Zita: Kal Ort Por - Recall
54o 9'N,  40o 0'W
132o 33'N,  17o 43'E
Container holds 16 items
107o 3'S,  31o 42'E
74o 21'S,  9o 8'W
You have accepted the Quest.
Zita: An Lor Xen - Invisibility
Zita: All Kill
Zita: all follow me
: The Crystal Ball fills with a green mist. Your pet has been summoned.
You've completed a quest! Don't forget to collect your reward.
Bravehorn: We have arrived! I thank thee, Zita! I have no further need of thy services. Here is thy pay.
You have gained the boon of Bravehorn! You have glimpsed the nobility of those that sacrifice themselves for their people. You are one step closer to claiming your elven heritage.
You have gained in compassion.
You have achieved a path in compassion!
107o 3'S,  31o 42'E
10o 11'S,  51o 36'W
Target the item you wish to toggle Quest Item status on &lt;ESC&gt; to cancel
You set the item to Quest Item status
You have gained the boon of Strongroot! You have been approved by one whose roots touch the bones of Sosaria. You are one step closer to claiming your elven heritage.
107o 3'S,  31o 42'E
120o 30'N,  27o 25'E
You have gained the boon of Maul! Your understanding of the seasons grows. You are one step closer to claiming your elven heritage.
107o 3'S,  31o 42'E
90o 22'N,  24o 23'E
What animal should I look at?
Zita: Vas Corp Por - Energy Vortex
Alchemy changed now = 12.0 (-0.1)
You have killed a quest creature. 14 more left.
You have killed a quest creature. 13 more left.
You have killed a quest creature. 12 more left.
You have killed a quest creature. 11 more left.
You have killed a quest creature. 10 more left.
You have killed a quest creature. 9 more left.
You have killed a quest creature. 8 more left.
You have killed a quest creature. 7 more left.
You have killed a quest creature. 6 more left.
Zita: Vas Corp Por - Energy Vortex
You have killed a quest creature. 5 more left.
You have killed a quest creature. 4 more left.
You have killed a quest creature. 3 more left.
You have killed a quest creature. 2 more left.
You have killed a quest creature. 1 more left.
You have killed all the required quest creatures of this type.
You have gained the boon of the Huntsman! You have been given a taste of the bittersweet duty of those who guard the balance. You are one step closer to claiming your elven heritage.
107o 3'S,  31o 42'E
36o 24'N,  154o 11'E
You have gained the boon of Arielle! You have been taught the importance of laughter and light spirits. You are one step closer to claiming your elven heritage.
Zita: Select Marked item.
This vendor has been moved out of the house to your current location temporarily. The vendor will return home automatically after two minutes have passed once you are done managing its inventory or customizing it.
Kat's Wares: Take a look at your goods.
Container holds 17 items
Container holds 53 items
107o 3'S,  31o 42'E
57o 40'N,  35o 9'E
You have gained the boon of Enigma! You are wise enough to know how little you know. You are one step closer to claiming your elven heritage.
107o 3'S,  31o 42'E
59o 20'N,  150o 8'W
Your skill in Animal Taming has decreased by 5.8%. It is now 104.2%.
Veterinary changed now = 98.5 (-1.5)
Animal Taming changed now = 104.2 (-5.8)
UOA: Attempting to complete undress sequence
Your skill in Magery has decreased by 7.9%. It is now 102.1%.
Magery changed now = 102.1 (-7.9)
Darius: Zita
Darius: You have carved a path in history, sought to understand the way from our sage companions.
Darius: And now you have returned full circle to the place of your origin within the arms of Mother Sosaria. There is but one thing left to do if you truly wish to embrace your elven heritage.
Darius: To be born once more an elf, you must strip of all worldly possessions. Nothing of man or beast much touch your skin.
Darius: Then you may step forth into history.
He's too busy right now, so he ignores you.
You are now fully initiated into the Elven culture.

[/ QUOTE ]

D

Del_Xavier

I'm sure we've had that chat before, Dor. You're part of that special breed that is always around. When Sonoma is dead, you'll never be forgotten. You're virtually an institution unto yourself.

G

Lady Vixen,
I would.
My night was less interesting. Waited on wife to finish her routine (we share an account). Note: We have a guild with three people. It is just the wife, one friend of ours and I, ooops wrong, one of my sons added a character but I see that char racing for the delete button.
Logged in and checked to see if Octavius was on, he wasn't. Went to Destard to kill those poor little dragons for money. Ran into Thraximus and a few others, chatted (vaguely disquised insults) with him for 2 sentences. Game crashed, woke up to 2 dead drakes and a dragon chewing on me. Fled with what little life remained. (Talk about luck!)
Ran around Destard, killed a couple dragons and several drakes. Lagged into the dirt nap situation. Got rezzed by a considerate person from COP. Killed another dragon. Decided to try cyclopian warriors and titans.
Swung by Brit to replace my poor liitle horsey (appropriately named Dragon Snack). Rode to Brit gate. On the way ran into one of my sons. Promised to find him a full spell book before the night was over. Jumped into Brit gate for Honesty shrine. Arrived to see my other son getting rezzed. He warned me that a Titan para was near. Rode down to Cylops Pyramid and killed a dozen or so assorted cylopian warriors, titans and ettins. Pulled a cool lute from a Para (something Octavius can use). Decided to leave and remembered the Titan para near gate. Requested assistance from the one other person there (whom I had realized was much better than I; for everyone that knows me realizes that verily I do sucketh). I got ganked by the para in about 5 seconds. Ran to get rezzed, got back to see the other guy had killed the para (I wish I recalled his name - sorry people, I'm old and my memory sucks too).
Went shopping for that spellbook for my son at one of my favotire out-of-the-way vendors and went to Haven to give book to my son. Ran into a friend (Drizzt of POWR) that wanted XX to ally with his new guild. (Makes a person wander what he was thinking, or drinking.) Said sure, since he is a great guy that has helped watch over my boys since they joined UO. Realized that I am not the guild leader. Logged out so Karyn could log back in.
After her failure at allying (do you have to wait a period to ally a guild after stepping out of an alliance?) I logged back in and decided to hit the dragons again. Died about 1 screen from the door. Got rezzed by a person that somehow was able to refrain from laughing out loud. Killed two more dragons and logged out.
Whee!

If you guys really want to read the mad dogs diary, I'll post it. It probably would make a good laugh for everyone. I could include screenshots of my ghost watching Dragon Snack live up to his name. Otherwise, I'll continue lurking and just replying to the threads that I have some reason to comment on.

Maddwg,
Don Quixote of Sonoma

L

Lady Vixen

<blockquote><hr>

(do you have to wait a period to ally a guild after stepping out of an alliance?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Check to see if you have a war invite from any other guild. When THB Joined the -D- alliance I found that there was a war invite stopping me [you can guess who from] Once I removed that I was able to join a alliance. So have both GM's of the guilds check that there is no war invites as that is what is blocking you

G

Lady Vixen,
AHHH. It said that POWR was in a guild war, but they swore they were not. Just before we tried to ally, Drizzt was trying to add my son back into his new guild and guess what guild name kept popping up? Even at 12 he didn't fall for that again. I bet that POWR has a war invite from ZOG. XX doesn't have one. Karyn checked for that. Although I would accept an invite, I'm not certain Karyn or Octavius would care for that.
Thanks for the advice.

L

LdyHawke (MGD)

*fights urge*

*loses battle*

LURKER DETECTED!!!! LURKER DETECTED!!!

Darnit! *raises hand*

H

Horizon

I would raise my hand, but because its you, there'd be something else there.

B

Borderland_Mike

This is my first post but I've been lurking for a long time. I feel like a know some of you from your posts. I even like some of you.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Saw your house near Trinsic a couple of weeks back, Garen.

It's a lovely spot.

I was happy to see it there. :)

G

I'm mostly a lurker as well. Though I have to admit with the others, there is plenty of room for pvp and non pvp threads I just dont think theres many of us left to provide the rp post to not get swallowed buy our fellow pvpers

G

What is lurking?

You know sometimes i have an urge to log into UO... then it tells me my account has been disabled and it seems to go away