How is this possible?

• Thread starter Hiroki Yamamoto
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
H

Hiroki Yamamoto

Ok, so I've created a trial account to run around and mostly explore. I originally had 2 accounts active from '98 thru '04 with multiple GM toons and homes.

Now when I canceled my primary account 5 years ago I redeeded my 18x18 and gave ALL my possessions to a random player. I did not though redeed my house on my 2nd account.

So I'm out exploring tonight when I decide to visit the area of my 2nd home to see what's up that way now and I come across my ORIGINAL HOME! It's still standing! Signpost stills has my original label with my toons name, guild affiliation and all. The chests are still in the house and appear to have all original items still in them since I see an item count on mouse over.

How is this possible? I thought homes decay. This house has remained untouched for nearly 5 years now?!?

My thought is if I reactivate my 2nd account I still have ownership...anyone have opinions on this? I can tell you I about fell out of my chair to see my old home unchanged after 5 years.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Ok, so I've created a trial account to run around and mostly explore. I originally had 2 accounts active from '98 thru '04 with multiple GM toons and homes.

Now when I canceled my primary account 5 years ago I redeeded my 18x18 and gave ALL my possessions to a random player. I did not though redeed my house on my 2nd account.

So I'm out exploring tonight when I decide to visit the area of my 2nd home to see what's up that way now and I come across my ORIGINAL HOME! It's still standing! Signpost stills has my original label with my toons name, guild affiliation and all. The chests are still in the house and appear to have all original items still in them since I see an item count on mouse over.

How is this possible? I thought homes decay. This house has remained untouched for nearly 5 years now?!?

My thought is if I reactivate my 2nd account I still have ownership...anyone have opinions on this? I can tell you I about fell out of my chair to see my old home unchanged after 5 years.
My guess is that the account is still active, you just aren't the one paying for it, nor do you own the email/password associated with it.

Whether this be through your doing or not, is anyone's guess.

http://ultima-registration.com

Go check and see :)

H

Hiroki Yamamoto

No sir. I just checked and that account still has all my original information and password/login has not changed. Account is showing suspension in November of 2004.

House sign lists the owner as being my main toon for that account and I rechecked, all furniture in the house was crafted by my carpenter.

So basically unless someone copied the names of my toons, created an identical house in the same spot and furnished it with items created by a toon that shared my carpenters name then my house is still standing after 4 years =P

Crazy!

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 26, 2008
www.strategycore.co.uk
I can believe it. My brother's always letting his account go suspended for extended periods, but it's yet to fall. Likewise, a lot of people complain that houses that should be going IDOC aren't doing so ("In Danger Of Collapse" status, shortly after which the house falls and all the items inside become free to pick up).

Consider it a bug in your favour.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 13, 2005
Staly Vagas
Was the house co-owned? perhaps the co-owner still plays or keeps account active. i think that stops a house from falling

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2009
hiding in your closet
I can see 2 possibilities for this:
First: Older grandpa houses can be nearly always refreshed by a co owner. If this is the case odds are you have a really stalwart friend somewhere keeping it up.

second: Or it could just be one more of a string of "ghosts" that deluge this game after all these years.
Other games have none cuz well, UO is the grandaddy.

If it is the latter, congrats UO loves you!

If it is a friend refreshing or keeping your account going, you may be the luckiest of us all. If so YOU win UO.

Z

Zodiac19

Reactivate that account and see if you still own that house.

H

Hiroki Yamamoto

Update.

Reactivated that account this morning. My toons are still on the account but they have no items on them at all, i.e. spellbook, reagents, even clothes!

I ran my toon out to the house and sure enough the house was still my property. Opened the chests in the house to discover my rares collection I had gathered from '99 - '04 as well as several hundred thousand ingots/boards/leather etc.

So it appears EA loves me and my house had been bugged for the 5 years that account was canceled.

Now time to pickup the house and move it to just a few steps from town since my shard has SO MANY open spots now.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 25, 2001
Austin baby!
Update.

Reactivated that account this morning. My toons are still on the account but they have no items on them at all, i.e. spellbook, reagents, even clothes!

I ran my toon out to the house and sure enough the house was still my property. Opened the chests in the house to discover my rares collection I had gathered from '99 - '04 as well as several hundred thousand ingots/boards/leather etc.

So it appears EA loves me and my house had been bugged for the 5 years that account was canceled.

Now time to pickup the house and move it to just a few steps from town since my shard has SO MANY open spots now.
Wow, what a trip. I'm gonna guess that your house is just one of the few hiccups that happen sometimes. Enjoy the bounty! (and dont' forget to bank your good items next time you take a long break). :p

O

Old Man of UO

Hiroki, if I were you, I'd run out and buy a lottery ticket!