• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] How is this for a sampire weapon?

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was messing making katanas for a guildmate and I made this:

HML 47
HSL 46
HLD 36
DI 40
Physical Damage 40
Poison Damage 40
Energy Damage 20

I know it has no SSI on it but with a katana you can swing at max SSI without it. And with the HSL I should be fine without SSI. I am also getting more hammers to make Ornate axe and mage rune blade but I was wondering what ya'll thought about that katana. By way I made it with a bronze hammer.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's very good. You have all the HLD that will keep you hitting and HML is a must, and since no SSI, HSL is a must to keep swinging.

Look into a Heavy Ornate Axe so that you get the free 8 DI. I like the mage's rune blade better personally.

May lady luck be with you.

T

Turdnugget

It'll be alright... dunno if you'll output enough damage to keep yourself healed though.

I made a katana the other day I want to try out on Miasma... 50 Hit Mana/life, some other mod and Arachnid Slayer =)

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It'll be alright... dunno if you'll output enough damage to keep yourself healed though.

I made a katana the other day I want to try out on Miasma... 50 Hit Mana/life, some other mod and Arachnid Slayer =)
With the katana I have 100DI. So I am hoping it will be enough. Only one way to find out. As soon as I am done with necro I will be heading. My template is

120 swords
120 bush
120 parrying
120 Tactics
100 necro
70 chiv
60 resist (70 with bracelet) and can be switch with anatomy depend on what I am fighting. My bracelet for anatomy has 13 anatomy and di and dci.

105 DI, yeah I know 5 over but oh well
45 HCI
50 DCI
21 Str increase
23 Dex increase
11 intel increase

C

Connor_Graham

That will do, but when going against Miasma remember to cast Cons Wep. Having 40 Poison damage on the wep will lower the damage against him. For the first few times you also might want to carry a few Greater Heal pots until you get your rhythm down. Personally, I use a Scorp Slayer ornate axe with 20 SSI and ML that can 3 shot the weaker Miasmas. Before the change to Vamp form I used to 2 shot him which amazed quite a few people lol. You'll also want to keep in mind the Reptalons can and will wander down to the Miasma area so be prepared for that.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That will do, but when going against Miasma remember to cast Cons Wep. Having 40 Poison damage on the wep will lower the damage against him. For the first few times you also might want to carry a few Greater Heal pots until you get your rhythm down. Personally, I use a Scorp Slayer ornate axe with 20 SSI and ML that can 3 shot the weaker Miasmas. Before the change to Vamp form I used to 2 shot him which amazed quite a few people lol. You'll also want to keep in mind the Reptalons can and will wander down to the Miasma area so be prepared for that.
That is the only thing I am missing that I wished I had was EP on my bracelet. And I need to learn where all these places are. Do you carry enhanced apples and trapped boxes with you as well?

C

Connor_Graham

I always carry a trapped box because I normally don't have Resist unless I'm heading to Doom. Apples not so much except, once again, in Doom. The reason I suggest the GH pots is as a backup until you get the feel of your weapon and fighting Miasma. I'm hitting for near 200 on crits with my axe, so Vamp healing is no problem, but you won't get those kind of hits with the katana, so you'll need to learn where your comfort zone is.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always carry a trapped box because I normally don't have Resist unless I'm heading to Doom. Apples not so much except, once again, in Doom. The reason I suggest the GH pots is as a backup until you get the feel of your weapon and fighting Miasma. I'm hitting for near 200 on crits with my axe, so Vamp healing is no problem, but you won't get those kind of hits with the katana, so you'll need to learn where your comfort zone is.
Thanks connor. I am looking at buying some kit to start making some ornate axes. But thanks again for all your post on the different threads. It has really helped me.