• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How is this even possible?!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
House has been private never had a vendor.
House was traded to an account that could hold the lockdowns at the time.
If you try to trade a house without an upgrade you get a message and it is impossible.
That is to say if you try to trade a house to an account that does not have enough upgrades to cover the item count of the house it doesn't allow you to trade it.
umwhat.png

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You were close to the limit, your deeded items didnt count as lockdown space. When you customized, they popped into the moving crate which DOES count, thus forcing your house into the negative.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You were close to the limit, your deeded items didnt count as lockdown space. When you customized, they popped into the moving crate which DOES count, thus forcing your house into the negative.
You're so smart Solus. That's why you're my hero.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
just thinking, where there not 3 separate 20% bumps with the storage?
maybe your one account does not have one of the bumps, cause i see your only at 40% and i know all of mine are at 60%

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
just thinking, where there not 3 separate 20% bumps with the storage?
maybe your one account does not have one of the bumps, cause i see your only at 40% and i know all of mine are at 60%
Yep. That's it exactly. There are 3 and I wish there were 4 or 5. I need more space.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I consider myself a hoarder and don't even have one completely full 18x18 with 60% increase, goddamn.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I consider myself a hoarder and don't even have one completely full 18x18 with 60% increase, goddamn.
Then you are no Horder. 9 accounts, 1 castle, 1 keep, 7 18x18 equivalents.... none with more than 500 lockdowns available. That is a true horder. However. I keep a whole lot of things for others. I keep tons of pinks, blues, PS's, Plants, deco items etc.... When I played more I did a LOT of design and deco for others on many shards. I have 4 houses on Siege though they aren't suffering from hording yet. I live in a castle and a keep on 2 other shards with another person... but those places are suffering either.

I have many transfer tokens to other shards and I use them on occasion but it's only GL's where I live and will always live that suffers. I keep armor, weapons, jewelry, talismans, and other stuff in case folk return to UO. I have equipped armies of folk with stuff. I have 100's of items that I keep for the "guild" and RP community... which I don't plan to ever quit hording. I honestly can't see throwing the stuff away and having it gone forever when someone might need it. Most folk looking for deco stuff know who to ask if they need something and I'm always willing to help. I've even loaned out 100% poison weapons back when those were handy. So it's not like I do it all selfishly to horde stuff for my own personal insanity..... the only things I do that with are collections. Like my collection of AoS boots, 100% weapons and many gifts from Dev's. Like Snow Globes, Reindeer, etc. Otherwise most the stuff I horde is to give away.

I just can't see that throwing away much of that stuff as an option.. first off most the stuff I keep isn't worth hardly enough points to make it worth while to consider throwing. 10 to 100 points is just too little to care about. Heck up to 1k in points is barely worth the points or the space. I think pretty hard when it is 5k to 25k. How bad the item will be needed and how badly I want the points .... before I throw something away since it's not like you can ever get any of that back.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then you are no Horder. 9 accounts, 1 castle, 1 keep, 7 18x18 equivalents.... none with more than 500 lockdowns available. That is a true horder.
Happy that I am not alone that crazy.
Meanwhile 8 Castles on 5 shards, 1 18x18 on ATL and 1 on Origin in Luna.
That's also a lot - and most of them are seriously filled even with all the storage upgrades.
Too much not stackable stuff, too many new items (gifts, ressources), which do not stack and too much old stuff, I hesitate to throw away - since weapons with old spell effects not even getting bonus points, all the character bound deeds get no points at all etc ...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just release three of the soulstones and you´re good to go...

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK do me a favor list where you get he 20% ,40% and 60% for the players who dont know this. This will stop alot of questions I see coming.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
OK do me a favor list where you get he 20% ,40% and 60% for the players who dont know this. This will stop alot of questions I see coming.
1) Mondain's Legacy gave 20% house storage increase (only) - Aug 30, 2005
2) 7th Character Slot and Storage gave 20% house storage increase AND 20% to bank - Sept 8, 2009 - all three forms
3) High Sea's gave 20% house storage increase AND 20% to bank - Oct 12, 2010

so that's max 60% house storage increase and 40% bank increase.

keep in mind that the 7th character slot and storage was available in 3 different tokens
1) 7th character slot only (19.99)
2) 20% house and bank storage increase only (19.99)
3) 7th character slot AND 20% house and bank storage increase (29.99)