• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] How do you get max dmg out of a archer?

• Thread starter SecretService
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SecretService

How would you get max dmg out of a archer?
What would be a good temp?
STR/DEX/INT?
BOW?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
PvM or PvP?

PvP, your template obviously needs resist. For bows, you're looking for ssi, di, velocity/hld, and hit lightning/fireball.

PvP, have you ever considered weaving? WOD gives HUGE damage output. I created a temp for the sole purpose of doom arty mining, which is based on damage output. Here's the template I use:

Lorcan Ludovic

120 Archery (+20 hunter's headdress)
90 Tactics
90 Bushido
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
115 spellweaving
60 med
75 chiv

90 STR (+1 conjurer's trinket = 89 base)
135 DEX (+8 hunter's headdress, +8 ring of the vile +5 crimson cincture = 114 base)
60 INT (+8 stormgrip = 52 base)

Arties included: hunter's headdress, quiver of infinity, conjurer's trinket, ornament of the magician, ring of the vile, stormgrip, rune beetle carapace, crimson cincture

Tactics: 1) natures fury/summon fey to tank, 2) EOO, 3) Consecrate, 4) lighting strike (repeated), 5) end with WOD.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am actually in the process of training a new PVM Archer. I decided to run in wraithform for great mana leech and having 20 necro allows me to cast curse weapon with 50% success rate to leech life back if needed. But the main skills will be archery, SS, tactics, anat, chiv and then I'm shoving on Music and Disco.
The disco adds so much damage its rediculous. Add a slayer bow and you can destroy things!
Only real drawback I can see now (before any testing) is the inability to res. Perhaps 80 chiv will allow me to noble sacrifice. I'll have to check.

T

Turdnugget

For PvM to optomize damage you'll want: Chivalry (EoE/consecrate weapon) Bushido (Lightning strike = critical hits) High as possible tactics/anatomy for best damage. Get your DI% cap to 300.

As high HCI as you can get. HLD is nice as well.

SW wouldn't be bad...it takes a long time to cast those spells and are very mana intensive (WoD)

It kinda depends how you're gonna use the character though.

During the last event with Skeletal Liches I was using my bushido/archer with EoE/Consecrate/LS and a heavy crossbow with 40SSI, 40 DI, 44mana/life leech. I was crit hitting every 6 or so shots for 250+ damage. I could solo the skeletal liches in about 4 minutes or so. A lot faster than my tamer could.

S

SecretService

For PvM to optomize damage you'll want: Chivalry (EoE/consecrate weapon) Bushido (Lightning strike = critical hits) High as possible tactics/anatomy for best damage. Get your DI% cap to 300.

As high HCI as you can get. HLD is nice as well.

SW wouldn't be bad...it takes a long time to cast those spells and are very mana intensive (WoD)

It kinda depends how you're gonna use the character though.

During the last event with Skeletal Liches I was using my bushido/archer with EoE/Consecrate/LS and a heavy crossbow with 40SSI, 40 DI, 44mana/life leech. I was crit hitting every 6 or so shots for 250+ damage. I could solo the skeletal liches in about 4 minutes or so. A lot faster than my tamer could.

What is your temp?

C

Connor_Graham

For max damage, you want 100% DI from items, EoO and/or slayer weapons, Bushido's Perfection, Consecrate Weapon, and a heavy crossbow with 35-40 SSI. Having HLD from either the Mace & Shield glasses or on the bow itself will keep you hitting non stop. I regularly cap out on damage with my heavies, hitting DF's for near 300 points of damage, and the same against Peerless. Skeletal Liches went down in about 2-3 minutes once I got hold of one of the Conjurer Trinkets and was able to use my primary bow as an Undead slayer.

S

SecretService

For max damage, you want 100% DI from items, EoO and/or slayer weapons, Bushido's Perfection, Consecrate Weapon, and a heavy crossbow with 35-40 SSI. Having HLD from either the Mace & Shield glasses or on the bow itself will keep you hitting non stop. I regularly cap out on damage with my heavies, hitting DF's for near 300 points of damage, and the same against Peerless. Skeletal Liches went down in about 2-3 minutes once I got hold of one of the Conjurer Trinkets and was able to use my primary bow as an Undead slayer.

What is your temp?
and STR/DEX/INT with no armor.

T

Turdnugget

My template is very similar to Connor's. But I have no resist. I've got macing. I PvP with that character as well. 120 bushido is a must for max damage output as you have a far greater chance of landing more critical hits (the 300 range)

As for stats... I'll have to find out when I get home. 125 str gives you the most damage str wise. Dex is important so you swing that heavy as fast as possible. Mana... that can be overcome with a hit mana leech weapon. Especially on a heavy.

However, the rang on a heavy sucks so for certain champs (Rikktor) you need a long range weapon.

T

Turdnugget

Connor's template for PvP would work just fine. If you carry potions/trapped boxes/apples, you could drop resist and get Meditation so you can spam specials/LS even more.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvM or PvP?

PvP, your template obviously needs resist. For bows, you're looking for ssi, di, velocity/hld, and hit lightning/fireball.

PvP, have you ever considered weaving? WOD gives HUGE damage output. I created a temp for the sole purpose of doom arty mining, which is based on damage output. Here's the template I use:

Well I have weaving on my tamer which I can put on the stone and put it on my archer if neccessary. But how does WoD give huge damage output on an archer? i never used weaving on a warrior template before