• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Wrestling] How do you gain wrestling 100-120?

D

DVDA

I GMed Wrestling back when Trammel had just been implemented so I dont remember what I did, I think i fought my horse...

Well I have decided to take my old thief and go from 100 to 120...

So what should I attack to gain?

A

Arch Magus

I didn't use any methods back when i 120'd wrestle, but I always got good gains by punching Doom bosses and crap like that. I wouldn't recommend it.lol

I found a guy in felucca once training on lizardmen. He just went ninjitsu dog form naked, then sat in a blocked in corner where only 1 lizardmen could get to him at a time. He said it worked well.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing rods!

Equip a fishing rod and fight a golem in tram, unguilded.

You have to stand on the same tile as the golem for it to work.

With the fishing rod you will gain in wrestling while swinging at 1.25 instead of the standard capped wrestling swing speed.

You can also fight npc warriors in fel but the fishing rods break very freequently, where as, against the golem you will be able to use the same rod all the way to 120 and best of all the golem doesn't even take damage.

(It was around a year ago I used this method, so there is a chance there may have been a change to the way gains work with golems in tram while unguilded - I highly doubt it but you never know. If you aren't gaining after a while of banging on the golem, I would recommend going grabbing an NPC warrior from Jhelom pits, gate to a fel harbour and have the NPC attack you. Make sure you have a decent amount of gold to keep restocked on Fishing Rods because you will go through them fast.)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
say "all follow me", then "all stay", and attack it, stand right on top of it.

A

Arch Magus

Fishing rods!

Equip a fishing rod and fight a golem in tram, unguilded.

You have to stand on the same tile as the golem for it to work.

With the fishing rod you will gain in wrestling while swinging at 1.25 instead of the standard capped wrestling swing speed.

You can also fight npc warriors in fel but the fishing rods break very freequently, where as, against the golem you will be able to use the same rod all the way to 120 and best of all the golem doesn't even take damage.

(It was around a year ago I used this method, so there is a chance there may have been a change to the way gains work with golems in tram while unguilded - I highly doubt it but you never know. If you aren't gaining after a while of banging on the golem, I would recommend going grabbing an NPC warrior from Jhelom pits, gate to a fel harbour and have the NPC attack you. Make sure you have a decent amount of gold to keep restocked on Fishing Rods because you will go through them fast.)
That's crazy...hehe.;)