• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you Excel?

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So over the years I have seen some pretty cool Excel spreadsheets people have come up with for everything from Suit Building to BOD Organization. I am a Business Management major and love working with Excel. Luckily I work in a call center which has Excel on all the computers so I can play between my calls. I was hoping you could all post some screen shots and descriptions of spreadsheets you have designed or use that help make UO a little easier to organize and track. I'm looking for ideas of spreadsheets I can work on to help me pass the time at work. No matter what aspect of the game it relates to I would love to see what you have come up with. Thanks!

K

KoolAidAddict

Screenie would be too big, and I dont have one of those storage sites, free or not, so no pic.
But as for a description, its a simple spreadsheet that allows me to punch in the skill name, the number of points Im going to attain in that skill and it keeps a running total in the "total" box so I know how close to 720 cap I am. It also keeps a running number of how much I have left from 720 so I know how much I can put into the next skill. I also have it keeping a running total of my stats, so I can jockey my 255 easily.
I set this up to monitor all 7 toons and recently added another setup for testing out skill sets.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
many years ago, someone did an excel spreadsheet that would allow you to enter SOS coordinates, and it would convert the numbers into a column of data that could be pasted into a UOAM .map extension file to put markers for all your SOS onto the map. I still use it, though I'm now using it on OpenOffice Calc.

Of my own creation, I did spreadsheets of BODs I collect (divided by materal), for my BOD drop research.

Each section for a material type has subsections for each LBOD type (or lack thereof), with each subsection having rows for small normal, small exceptional, large normal, large exceptional, and the columns being for 10-count, 15-count, 20-count, and total for that row.

Each section has a subtotal for the number of normals, number of exceptionals, and total number of BODs for that section.

The last page totals up the various subtotals, and calculates the percentage of larges vs smalls , and the percentage of normals vs. exceptionals. The latter has proven significant, in studying the very big problem/bug tailor BODs currently have (66-68% normal, instead of 50% at under GM, 40% after GM).

I also put together charts that show to what skill level one can gain on all simple (non-recipe, single-skill-required) smith & tailor items, depending on your skill cap. Smaller, range-specific, tables had been done in the past for a few of the items for FAQs, but I did ALL of the items, to let one plan one's own skill training.
These are the tables, after converting to a page format for later inclusion into Stratics
Smith
Tailor

I also made a truncated version of these charts so I can see which character to use to fill which junk BODs, so as to train my BOD runners while filling BODs for my 120 skill characters to turn in for more BODs.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've posted this a few times here before but here is my BoD drop tally for my legendary smith:

I'm tired of level grinding and Choco digging in FFXI so back to UO soon! I hope to add a few 1000 more BoD's to the list, have some event fun, celebrate the 11 year anni, get a few hedges for my scribe shop, maybe even a halloween event is around the corner.

S

sbom

That excel "program" stores all my BODs and let me know when some of them are "ready to go" (i.e. I have all the small parts for a large I own). It also shows me which ones I'm missing (SBOD/LBOD) so that I can quickly see ones that I may want to buy to finish them (the cells change color automatically to show those).

I'm only showing the summary sheet. There is another sheet where I input the BODs and it automatically updates that sheet.

Each column has "filters", so that you can for instance only display the LBODs that give a 120PS for reward, or all the BODs that use barbed leather...

S

Sarphus

I use spreadsheets to build suits, but my spreadsheets for that aren't too exciting. They just sum up my mods for me.

I'm starting to track my pet stats and what tamer has what pets in a spreadsheet. I don't have a good system for that yet, which can be a problem. I have 6 tamers, so I sometimes have a hard time figuring out which tamer to use for a given task.

My best spreadsheet tracks all sorts of things. One tab has all weapons in UO and lets you enter values for your anatomy, tactics, str, SSI, DI and stamina to calculate your min/max/avg per hit as well as damage per second. You can also see what various levels of stamina and SSI equate to changes in your swing delay.

Another tab calculates spell damage based on the SDI and slayer bonuses.

Another tab shows all relevant tameables in the game and calculates damage per hit based on stats. I can use this tab in conjunction with my DPS tab to calculate DPS for pets. I just enter them as weapons with the same swing rate as wrestling.

Another tab shows spell success chance from 10% to 100% success and lets you plug in a skill value and it tells me my success chance on all spells for that skill.

Another tab shows potion damage based on enhanced pots and alchemy skill.

I add tabs to that sheet as I think of things I want to calculate.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are the UO-related spreadsheets I've set up:

• One with a separate tab for each type of character I have (e.g., tamers, miner/lumberjacks, blacksmith/tailors, carpenter/tinker/fletchers, scribe/cook/alchemists, stealthers & thieves, faction thieves, beggar/fishers, bards, archers, macers, swordswomen, fencers). On each separate page, I have columns to capture the character name, account name, shard, faction, skill levels for all the possible relevant skills for that character type, which power and stat scrolls have been used by that character, and a column to list any special comments (e.g., character needs a better suit, needs pets, etc.). On the tamer page, I also keep track of each tamer's zoo point total.
  • Another spreadsheet keeps track of all my tamers' pets. There's a separate tab for each type of pet and the very first tab is an "index page" that shows me at a glance which types of pets each tamer has and each pet's name. The pet's name on the index page is automatically highlighted in yellow and displays in italics if its skill levels are below a certain percentage of the possible maximum. On the pages for the various types of pets, I use one column for each pet. The pet's name is in the top row and, like the index page, the pet's name shows up in italics if its skill levels are below a certain percentage of the possible maximums. For each pet I capture the following information: Which tamer owns it, which account it is on, which shard it is on, when it was acquired, what color it is, the level of each relevant skill, hit points, strength, dex, intelligence, barding rating, and each resist. In one of the far left columns on each pet type page, I've captured the maximums for the relevant skills, stats and resists for that type of pet. Each pet's information also shows the sum of its skills and what percentage that sum is of the total maximum skills possible for that pet type. The same type of calculation is done for strength/dex/intelligence and for the resists. For pets that have skills that can exceed GM level with training, I use comments to keep track of what the pre-tamed skill level was, what it dropped to upon taming, and what it should reach when the skill is fully trained.
  • I have a worksheet that lists all my characters, which account they are on, which shard they are on, who they received holiday cards from in 2006 and 2007, and which type and color of stuffy they received in 2008 for Valentine's Day.
  • A worksheet to calculate various mods on suits I'm trying to assemble.
  • A worksheet, actually more of a list, of the items I typically make (e.g., oodles of labelled chests) or buy when starting up a guildhouse on a new shard.
  • A massive worksheet I used for several months while tracking all the shard zoo point totals.
  • Another huge worksheet I played with for a few weeks when I was looking at museum and library point totals for all the shards.
  • Quite a while back, I started on a worksheet to list all the blacksmithing recipes and how many ingots and special ingredients each one requires. Looking at it now, I don't think the recipe list is quite complete. I also started to list out which recipes each of my various blacksmiths actually knows but it looks like I only got through one of them. I haven't touched that spreadsheet in a while, but suspect I planned to do the same with all the other crafter recipes and all my crafters.