• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how do you buy stuff with EC?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i go to a Vendor and the guy of course has loaded it with the EC which in the CC makes it just one big pile in the corner.

so i go and DL the EC and open the vendor up and i see the item and..... what.... how do i buy this item?

this is user friendly?

single click.... no
double click.... no
is there a drop down menu or a side menu..... no
ok so i say Vendor Buy and i get a curser and...... nothing

is it really this hard to buy an item?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so it was set to Pinco's UI so i changed that to default and was able to right click the item and buy it.

what a PAIN!

no wonder we cant get new players, 17 years and i cant even figure out how to buy an item i cant imagine what a new player would think!

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
so it was set to Pinco's UI so i changed that to default and was able to right click the item and buy it.

what a PAIN!

no wonder we cant get new players, 17 years and i cant even figure out how to buy an item i cant imagine what a new player would think!
The problem is with the initial set up.

Once you get through the initial hurdles and get used to it there is no going back. I'm telling you...

You have to invest the time to get yourself set up with your macros and hotbars the way you want, after that it's wonderful.

It's unfortunate but players still on the 2D client are doing themselves a great disservice (I know I'll never convince them of that and I'm not going to bother trying - You can lead a horse to water...) by not adjusting to the new client with all it's features and ease of use.

That other client is really only good for one thing....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First off I have the new UI set up so vendors are in list view. That helps a lot... secondly I have the toggle on my hot bar to swap between quick looting on and off so I can quick loot stuff fine and then when I want to buy things I turn the quick looting off.