• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do soulstones lose their charges? - answered

P

Prudentis

Every time you store a skill?
Every time you remove one?
Only if you switch the stored skills to a different char?

Never used soulstones before.

G

The soulstone frags use their charges when a skill is taken off of the stone by any character. If you store a skill and purge it no charges are used.

P

Prudentis

Ahh, missed it, shame on me

But it is still not 100% clear to me, if only the fragments have charges or also the other soulstones.
Are the "normal" soulstones permanent?

EDIT: to answer my own question: yes they are of unlimited uses.
Now, where do I get one ....

G

you can get soulstones a few ways:

1) use a veteran reward (for playing at least 1 year) and choosing the red soulstone, which is bound to your account (only your characters on that account can use it), it is of no use to anyone else except maybe as a house decoration.

2) you could buy a legacy token from EAMythic this give you the choice of several older items from past releases, one is a soulstone (a green one if I remeber correctly.

3) Somewhere on your shard there might be a few player vendors with a soulstone token on them. It will be very expensive (gold wise) but if you can find one, it will turn into a soulstone when you use it.

As far as soulstone fragments go:

1) look for soulstone fragment tokens on player vendors. price will vary from shard to shard, but it should be around 185, 000 to maybe 500, 000 gold.

2) you might be able to find soulstone fragment tokens at collapsed houses of former players, I found a few this way.

3) continue playing UO, and EAMythic will give them out again to all players. EAMythic has given soulstone fragments out a few times, I am fairly sure if you play long enough, fragments will be handed out once again.

C

Cat Crimson

/me did already offer you some fragments on Drachs.....

P

Prudentis

OMG cat that was YOU!

why didn'T you introduce yourself?

Shame on me again.

And thank you again for those fragments and the other goodies you gave me. When I have some more time I will start decorating my house with them

Next time you meet me ingame wave a BIG banner cause it seems I'm a little shortsighted, lol

And yes, those three shards (15 charges alltogather?) will suffice for the next months, that's for sure, I am just collecting information

And they cost up to 500k? OMG I hope I can be of service to you sometime or I will feel bad

G

Pssst! Soulstone/frag sticky at forum top? The answers are in there ... honest!

C

Cat Crimson

Nono honey, I haven't given you anything yet, I did offer though a lil while back
I have tons of fragments if you need more and would be happy to give them to you, something I am able to give as a gift has far more value to me than any cash it could raise.

But it would be nice to see your house sometime soon tho
btw when I said housewarming party, I didnt mean anything scary, just literally like a real life one - ie friends turning up with a few things to welcome you to a new home and have food drink and laughter !

P

Prudentis

Hehe, so I am not that big a lunatic, as I thought I was.
Well, actually I am, sometimes, but not this time

You can come and "inspect" my house anytime you want. It is not yet decorated so the party will have to wait until I have some tables and chairs to sit on

I don't have much time lately so the interior design will have to wait.
I will give you my icq number. You can call me up so I can add you to the house friends list.