• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How can you be self sufficient in today's UO?

S

sevan

I am trying to get back into the game again after not playing much for a very long time. Back in the day, my ALTs supported my main char and each other (ex. GM mule made all equipment/armor/wep and collected resources, GM mage made runebooks & spellbooks etc).
However as times (and game itself has dramatically) have changed this does not appear to be how things work anymore as it seems to be what you can buy not what you can make.

1. What can I do/change to have my chars better support my main and each other?

2. Is there any place (use) in today's UO for an old school GM smith/tailor/tinker

3. How has imbueing changed this concept and where can I learn about it?

Thanks in advance for at least pointing me in the right direction...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
1. What can I do/change to have my chars better support my main and each other?
Once you have a mule/imbuer, you are pretty free to choose any templates that best suit your play style. Popular PvM templates include ABC Archer, Necro/Mage/Weaver, Sampire, and Wammy. Search Stratics Forums for any of these terms to find some template advice. Personally, I enjoy trying new templates, so I've done a bit of everything.

2. Is there any place (use) in today's UO for an old school GM smith/tailor/tinker
Tailors and smiths are very busy these days, thanks to imbuing. However, you will need to raise your smithy/tailor to 120 (legendary). GM-crafted products don't make the grade anymore, I'm afraid.

3. How has imbueing changed this concept and where can I learn about it?
Imbuing allows players to choose precisely which modifications to add to their armor (within limits). With a mule, an imbuer, and a template suited for farming imbuing ingredients, you will be able to make high-end suits without relying on others (i.e., self sufficiency). You will find some introductory info here. You can also search the forums for training guides and advice.

Welcome back to UO!

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crafter + a 100 lrc mage type character = self sufficiant. I have started new characters on other shards and have built up from nothing not hard just time consumeing!

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sounds like you have much of what it will take for your characters to support one another. You will want Imbueing since it let's you make gear that is of near Artifact quality with just the features you want.

Imbuing Ingredients Table

This is a list of what capabilities you can imbue into Blacksmith, Tailor, Tinker, and Carpenter crafted items. You can have 80 or 90% of the maximum ability of many things on this list with inexpesive Basic Ingredients. It's when you go for the maximum imbued ability using the High Intensity Ingredients is when things get pricy.

If you have UO:SA which is required to do Imbueing, go to a moongate and take it to Ter-Mer. You will find a public soulforge in the plaza in front of the shops in town. Even with no skill in Imbueing, you can click on Imbueing and set up as if you were going to imbue something and can see what the limits are using Basic & High Intensity Ingredients. it gives you a good idea of how much you can boost an item using Imbueing. The limits are five imbueings (what you add plus what might already be there) and a maximum 'weight' of 450 for non -gm items, and 500 for GM items. The selections at the top will give you more info.

http://vboards.stratics.com/craftsm...ing-modified-version-inc-r-traveler-data.html

Is the Training Guide I followed. It can be a slow loader so give it 30 seconds to a minute to fully appear.

Imbuing - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Category:Imbuing Ingredients - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Provide another look at the topic.

I have two Crafters on my main account. One is primarily Blacksmith/Tailor/Tinker/Carpenter/Fletcher, with the other being primarily Alchemist/Scribe/Imbuer. These two, with a third character rigged up as a spellslinging Miner/Logger who forages for supplies for them, support my other 11 characters easily.

I don't PvP, or do the exteme hunting as a rule, but my other characters are capable of doing it. I just get into a lighter scene of mayhem, typically playing in the Crafting corner of this sandbox we play in.

Wander about and explore the changes that have happened over the years. It's an interesting world we play in. :)