• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How and when do we get our $15 coupon, and what will you get with it?

• Thread starter imported_Starrfoxx
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Starrfoxx

So, when are we going to get that $15 coupon for another EA game? Will we be emailed a special promotion code, and does anyone know how long the coupon will be good for?

I'd like to use the $15 coupon towards Sims 2 Ikea Stuff, if it comes out. Or maybe Sims 2 Apartment Life. But if that's too far away, then I'll either get Sims 2 Castaway for the PC or SimCity Societies. Probably Castaway, since the reviews on "Societies" have been really bad.

What will you get with your coupon?

M

MandiK

Nothin. I still have my Sims Complete Collection and still love to play it when I have exrta time.

R

Rosebush3333

I don't know the how or when about the $15 certificate, but I do know where it will go. I am so far behind in my Sims2 collection it will definately go towards that. I have nothing past Bon Voyage for EP and the Glamour and FamilyFun SP's. The 9.99 a month not spent at EA will just go toward bills.

S

Simsaholic

I, too will use the $15.00 to fill in the bblanks from my Sims 2 collection & when TSO/EALand folds I will finally PLAY it!

G

They can keep their $15 coupon off and I don't play pogo, I tried it once and did tickle my fancy

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I, too will use the $15.00 to fill in the bblanks from my Sims 2 collection &amp; when TSO/EALand folds I will finally PLAY it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I started reloading my Sims 1 game and I'm intending to rebuild a few of my TSO houses there.

But yeah, I have a couple of S2 boxes missing from my collection I'm missing so I will probably attempt to use it for those.

Y

yellowrosehip

One word:

SPORE

Maybe I'll use it on the new character creator coming out in June.

M

Monkeybear

I may get the next sims 2 pack coming out in fall or get the stuff packs.

G

Extract form the announcement on the blog (right at the end - not that many people prolly read that far down)

If you are a paying subscriber as of April 29th 2008, EA would like to offer you one of the following two gifts as a token of our appreciation:

$15 off any game at the EA Store at www.eastore.ea.com, or
Three months of Club POGO(tm) Subscription Time

Paying subscribers please insure your email contact information is up to date as details of this offer will be sent out to you within 30 days.

And shouldn't that be 'ensure your email....' and before anyone has a go at me for pickin on people for their typos, I dont give a *beep* as anyone who knows me knows I typo, A LOT, but this was an announcement made on behalf of a multimillion dollar company

*can ya tell im still peed off about it *

I

imported_Starrfoxx

<blockquote><hr>

Paying subscribers please insure your email contact information is up to date as details of this offer will be sent out to you within 30 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, there it is. I missed that bit of information. After what I read last night, my eye started skipping over stuff in disbelief of what I was reading.

G

LOL as I said I honestly didn't think that many actaully got to anywhere near the bottom on the post.

I know I didnt the first time I looked at it, I think i read down to 1st August then exploded/imploded *still can't decide which*

G

I am gonna use mine on 3 months of Pogo time, since I already have a subscription to Club Pogo that is up for renewal in July anyway, so that just solves an issue before it comes up, and hubby said he wants to use his to get one of the EPs or SPs that we don't have for TS2. EA just had their 100 millionth celebration of TS2 where they have that 'buy 2 get 1 free' coupon that they put out as well, so between all that, we'll end up filling in the holes in our TS2 collection. We currently don't have any plans to get TS3, kinda holding our breath waiting on the system specs for it, I'm betting its gonna be enormous and we won't get a new computer system for 2-3 years after having just replaced most of this system this past Christmas.....so, it will pay to round out our TS2 collection so as to keep our interests longer.

As for the savings of what will be $20 a month for us, over the summer it'll just go to utility bills since they are always higher from now to August than they are afterwards, but beyond that I'll actually be able to catch up on buying Pogo gems for the extra badges they have. I've only bought one pack in the last few months, so I'm a little behind in badges that I want to complete. Still in all, I'd rather be playing TSO though. I wish they had gone ahead and distributed the skill locks at least for amnesty....it would be nice to complete my goal of having 3 maxed skills on each of my sims between now and August 1st, especially since it's free, but I doubt they will now. Holding out a tiny bit of hope, but not feeling very hopeful about it right at this minute.

I

imported_Armonia

I talked with ea on the phone to get my refund and they said we would be getting an email in about 30 days telling us how to get the offer. They said if you do not get the email in 30 days you should call customer service.

K

krazykara

As of right now all I can think of is what AJ said about the $15 coupon. I am along with him on that one. They can put that coupon where the sun doesn't shine as far as I am concerned.
They way they treated us and this whole thing like a big joke.
I still have my old Sims and some of Sims 2. Have no intentions of adding anything else to Sims 2. I can't get The Sims to work right with Vista. Switching neighborhoods for some reason doesn't agree with Vista.
After playing Sims Online, The Sims and Sims 2 just doesn't seem the same. I am really going miss to what Sims Online had to offer and what it could have been.

I

imported_Founder

As I made a thread similar before, I'm probably getting Madden '09: 20th anniversary edition, which will cost around 90 bux, which comes with extras and NFL Coach 09 exclusive.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*can ya tell im still peed off about it *

[/ QUOTE ]
I ain't no Sherlock Holmes, but yeah, I kinda figgered.

...and yer right - it's "ensure".

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

I'm wondering how players outside of the US will get their $15

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking that, is are there international stores (im guessing yes).. will we be able to spend it there

G

I just realized that the "coupons" are only being e-mailed, and are only good for online purchases through the EA Store...

It's too bad they aren't printing and mailing them. I'm running low on toilet paper.

G

Ask Parizad, from what i've read on the posts she might have some.

H

hollythor

WHAT? I don't see an extract form link , I have read and read and even clicked on link to just send me to the ea store. WHERE is the form for the coupon? Please help? TY or just send a private msg to me with this info. THANK YOU

G

You should be getting an email to the address listed on your accounts.

H

hollythor

oh yeah, like that will happen. Just like amnesty? I think they should still go through with it, and not just be lazy and say screw us. At least we can feel important with our locks and founder icon for three months. Hmm yeah, right

I

imported_Armonia

If you read the sticky I posted that I talked to EA and they told me we would be getting a e-mail within 30 days to tell us how to take advantage of the offer.