• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] how about a transfer token in every pack?

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of that 30 day game code how about they throw a transfer token in everyones back pack. I think that would more than compensate for everyones losses.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would only compensate those people who do character transfers. One month free gametime for 2 weeks lost gametime doesn't seem like an insult to me, especially as a starting point. We've yet to see what else can be achieved. Let's leave the insults out and exercise some patience.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would only compensate those people who do character transfers. One month free gametime for 2 weeks lost gametime doesn't seem like an insult to me, especially as a starting point. We've yet to see what else can be achieved. Let's leave the insults out and exercise some patience.
It currency Petra and allot of it and worth one heck of allot more than a 30 day code. If you dont transfer you selling, sure the price of tokens will drop down but I am sure it would not be below 15m. You add up all the guys you have and a big hunk of gold. Maybe even throw that on top of the 3o day code. And I removed the word insulting for you, I guess it was just stuck in my head after reading in UO Hall

Last edited:

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
transfer token prices would take a nose dive, but 7 x 30 day game time code for each of my 7 active accounts, plus a Mesanna Dye Tub (dye anything any color) would satisfy me, but I will keep dreaming

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i can see the reimbursement logically for a defective product, but in no way is it intended to (or at least i hope not) compensate for in game items "lost" to the reversion having made it so you never obtained them, or gold you profited during that time being reverted, or trades, or any type of pixels or time. i hate the idea of people associating the free month with being compensated for lost playing time. the time i spend playing uo is worth $0, unlike the time i spend at my job, or making money in any way in real life.

I just think too many people have associated the free month with compensation for items, pixels, actions, craftables, or time spent playing when it Should be for defective product only. And really from a players perspective i would rather mythic keep my ten dollars per account and put it towards making the tech side of the game stronger and less problematic. But the only way to save any resemblence of professional face is to reimburse for the 12 days, but to make it easier on them it was made an even month.

Now it would be nice if something was done in game to compensate us for our lost pixels and game time, like a useful item, or choice of items (even better) Maybe a special event. Something to ease the player base a bit. A good combo would be a mythic token (those who had trained skills) a choice of novelty items, and of course, a shirt. smooth things over, rather than a cold, real life money, "were sorry what we sold you didnt work, heres your money back."

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll accept the a free 30 days but i want them on my accounts that went deactive last week to, should just do another return to britiannia but every account gets 30 days put on it. Transfers are nice as well though how about we compromise both for the headaches and agervation!

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think % of people affect due to transfers is alot smaller than the % of people affected due to losing skill training and some lost 2 whole weeks of build chars. I think a advanced char token or mythic token would please more people than a transfer token would.

Just my thoughts

Thunderz