• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing questions

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok it has been a while since I have placed a house....can I open a new account today...drop young status and place immediately?

As long as it is a full account?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
**cries at someone calling a character a "toon"**

*ahem*
*sniffles*

Anyway... as it stands now you do have to be 15 days old. They are planning to change this in the near future, putting restrictions on new accounts only, but right now it's 15 days.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the actual "CHARACTER" must be 15 days old. So if you have an account thats older than 15 days old, and say it has empty slots on it, if you make a character, he must wait 15 days, even if the account is 6 years old.

I wonder why they call em' "toons."

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**cries at someone calling a character a "toon"**
The term "toon" comes from a old game called "The Realm" it sort of carried over to other MMORPGs. Most games prefer you refer to your in-game characters as "Avatars" or "Characters" as the term toon makes things sound a bit childish.

**The Realm came out in March of 1995 where as Ultima Online came out in Sept 1997. Though UO is considered the grandfather of all MMORPGs due to it having more success**

C

Corvak

I'm usually ok with different slang terms for the same thing :)

...but people who ask for a port...well thats how you know they're from WoW.

C

Corvak

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Interesting...having spent some time in consoles to me a port is moving a game from one console brand to another ( 360 to PS3 for example)....or in my case moving a character to another shard.

On SL they ask for TP and I keep wanting to pass them Toilet paper :)

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No. I know this first hand. Your toon has to be 15 days old.
I say this all the time, but I've noticed that not alot of people I know do.

Is it just something people who played Star Wars:Galaxies back when it first came out said?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*coughs* Um...your geek is showing *coughs* lol. I think that even a 'vet' gamer has hit super-uber geek-dom when we are bickering about proper um...etiquette and or terminology. Kinda like in school if I used the word ain't or gots, there would always be one or two students that would correct me even before the teacher was able to. heh.

heh, don't worry I still take the geek crown though...I even verbaly talk to my pets even when I'm not in a group. Example = "That's a good Hiryu, here's a treat for ya".

...yeah, I know. *Lowers head and walks away*.

C

Corvak

Interesting...having spent some time in consoles to me a port is moving a game from one console brand to another ( 360 to PS3 for example)....or in my case moving a character to another shard.

On SL they ask for TP and I keep wanting to pass them Toilet paper :)
Yeah, in WoW, Mages can create Portals to fast travel between cities. (No game has ever had a fast travel system as good as Gate Travel yet). In general chat, players ask mages for a 'port' to whichever city they want to go.

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say this all the time, but I've noticed that not alot of people I know do.

Is it just something people who played Star Wars:Galaxies back when it first came out said?
I used the term A LOT in Lineage 2.. Although a I picked up on it from guildies, don't think any of them played SWG. I know a few of them played FFXI though.