• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing (Changing the size)

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard that you could change the size of the house without dropping it.

I am trying to figure out how you do this or is it just a rumor?

Example. If I have a 7x7 in an area that can hold a bigger plot do I have to drop the house to do so?

If I have to drop the house is there any risk that I would not be able to place again after doing so? I heard there is a timer that if you drop a house that you your self can place there but other players can not place there for one hour.

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Step 1: Clean out everything down to an empty house.

2: Stand in it and say, "I wish to resize my house."

3: The house drops but its former spot is PROTECTED and only you can place there for a while.

4: Wait a random time like 5 to 50 minutes.

5: Place your new foundation.

I have never done this myself, so others please post corrections. The big new thing is you get a protected place to put your new house. The downside is the random wait that was put in to stop scripters an IDOC's.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried that. Didn't work. Dropped house and tried to replace. Guildies spent an hour being ever more amused at their gl running round cursing like a trooper trying to place a new guildhouse where the old one had been. Paged GM. Got expected result - no GM. Had to get husband to place 17x16 where 18x18 should fit. (and I know it should be 18x18, I got Paidric to look at it before I went to the bother of clearing it!)

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To do the I wish to resize my house you need to be under the house sign.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not always fits an 18x18 where you think it should fit.
Due to the stairs of a custom plot you may have issues with homes in front and backside.
The side can be blocked by visible or invisible crap.
Did you check the same place on other shards or test shard?
Sometimes it may be also an unlucky hand - I know people who need x demos how to set the plot before they get it in the same place.
*Salute*
Olahorand

K

Kith Kanan

not even the " check other shards trick " works every time , I tried to place a similar size house on euro as I had on napa in the excact same spot , and it was a no go , a GM even checked it and said sorry , couldnt figure out why but said it would not fit..... Euro being created later might have something to do with it , I dont know....