• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Houses, Bugs, and GM Quality Assurance

A

Aboozed

As many of you may know. Ive spent the last 3-4 days, camping an OSI, house. This house was ideally shaped, and positioned for my needs. Given my attempts to purchase a home in the city of luna, have failed, camping seemed the only alternative.

Apparently, the house had refreshed once, so there was a more than likely chance, it wouldn't fall. So there I sat, bored senseless.

Today, I awoke early, and continuted my camping.

To my suprise, the house didn't change its status, from "fairly worn, to greatly worn, or even "idoc".

So I thought I would send a message to the G.M. on the issue, of decay status change.
Though I mentioned, that status hadn't changed for 30+ hrs, I was given a link, to information, that didn't answer, why a status, would hang like it did.
Perhaps this is a bug, but I would think any gm, would be aware of the bugs.

In the one minute, or less it took me to read that link, twice i mind u. I came back to find the house replaced by a new one, someone else had placed.

What I cant believe, is what happened to the last 2 stages, I mean, wat the hell.
If a house dosent need to finish in the idoc stage, wats the point of even having the decay messages.

A real special thanks goes out to that gm.

Oh, and to the new person who got the house, thanks for putting it on the market, in the first few seconds, maybe just maybe, a non farmer, might win uo lotto, and win a dream home?

Signed Fully Fed Up!

F

Fink

Damn that sucks, Jee. :sad4:

I was hoping you might score that place because I know you'd fully use it, not like half the derelict homes/shops around Luna.

T

Teeshy

That bites! It really shoulda gone through all the decay stages =/

And how did they place right away? I've only been to one Idoc, and it was a few weeks ago, and I had to wait an hour to place - all the stuff in the house took ages to "unlock" it all went slowly chest by chest, and I kept getting a message that I couldn't place - I thought all Idocs were like that now? Not placeable straight away, there's like a random delay fromt he time it drops to the time you can place?

*edits* Fink did you ever get in touch with the WRR poeple? Did they want to sell their house for a reasonable price? (not that I would hold my breath on that one =P LOL!)

F

Fink

Ja I managed to get in contact with them. It turns out gold is no longer the currency of the Realm.

T

Teeshy

Well, glad to see that you managed to get a house Aboozed =)

The one that fell, are they serious with 300 mil? I mean, would someone seriously pay that much for a house spot there? I honestly can't imagine doing so AT ALL! =o

B

Bladron

Why, do you put random, commas in the middle of, your sentences?

Also, how do people above the age of 16 or so afford to sit in front of UO for 3-4 days on end? Is there some secret earn-money-without-working cult I need to look in to?

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Also, how do people above the age of 16 or so afford to sit in front of UO for 3-4 days on end? Is there some secret earn-money-without-working cult I need to look in to?
Centrelink.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As many of you may know. Ive spent the last 3-4 days, camping an OSI, house. This house was ideally shaped, and positioned for my needs. Given my attempts to purchase a home in the city of luna, have failed, camping seemed the only alternative.

Apparently, the house had refreshed once, so there was a more than likely chance, it wouldn't fall. So there I sat, bored senseless.

Today, I awoke early, and continuted my camping.

To my suprise, the house didn't change its status, from "fairly worn, to greatly worn, or even "idoc".

So I thought I would send a message to the G.M. on the issue, of decay status change.
Though I mentioned, that status hadn't changed for 30+ hrs, I was given a link, to information, that didn't answer, why a status, would hang like it did.
Perhaps this is a bug, but I would think any gm, would be aware of the bugs.

In the one minute, or less it took me to read that link, twice i mind u. I came back to find the house replaced by a new one, someone else had placed.

What I cant believe, is what happened to the last 2 stages, I mean, wat the hell.
If a house dosent need to finish in the idoc stage, wats the point of even having the decay messages.

A real special thanks goes out to that gm.

Oh, and to the new person who got the house, thanks for putting it on the market, in the first few seconds, maybe just maybe, a non farmer, might win uo lotto, and win a dream home?

Signed Fully Fed Up!
Try my trick. Quit Mwahaha

A

Aboozed

rofl, I dont, know.

Maybe, im a heavy smoker, and take, lots of breaths?

I happen to work half a week, so on my days off, i just thought i would, house sit.

B

Bladron

rofl, I dont, know.
Maybe, im a heavy smoker, and take, lots of breaths?
I think maybe it's all the pauses you take whilst your brain rests between the bursts of extreme effort required for you to form basic sentences.