• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House Resizing Question

• Thread starter Flora Green
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

Flora Green

Can I resize my house with a new character or does the 15 day limit apply to that as well?

T

Tazar

Can I resize my house with a new character or does the 15 day limit apply to that as well?
Wow... Good question and a potential problem for anyone attempting it.

When they first implemented the 15 day timer, Jeremy replied to one question with a statement that it acts just like demolishing and placing a new plot. Based on that, I would assume that the new character would not be able to place the "resized" house.

Might be something to try out on the Test Center first, but I wouldn't do it on a production shard without some tangible assurances... I am not sure that the 15 day timer rule applies to test center since that would make testing more difficult.

Good luck - and let us know the results if you decide to try it!

F

Flora Green

Thanks, Tazar. I was assuming it worked the same as placement. I think I'll just wait the 15 days or resize with the character who placed. I'm afraid to chance it. :)

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just try it out on Test...as long as its a newly created character and you don't take him/her through the character aging gate at the Brit bank, you should be able to get the answer since they don't allow house placement over there either on younger than 15 day characters.

**Edit--Just checked on Test with a newly created character and was not able to replace the house after I dropped an old one that I had over there. Said the character wasn't old enough, so I guess that answers that question. :D

T

Tazar

Thanks for testing it Desperado... I though about trying that, but figured... new test center occasionally - all new characters... 15 day timer would prevent testing of house stuff so I thought that rule might not apply to test - meaning it could have worked there, but still not on production shards...

Nice to know though! I would hate to see someone loose their house due to something like this...

F

Flora Green

Thanks for checking on that, Desperado. I would have done it myself, but I lag so bad on test lately I haven't bothered going there. Appreciate your effort. :)

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a problem...its about the only thing I can do in game for the past couple of weeks (that and water some plants). Had a hard drive crash and burn and now I can't do anything in the game without doing the step-wait 10 seconds shuffle. Not sure if its just the extremely old hard drive I put in to replace the other temporarily or just lag between me and EA, but thank God tax returns are coming soon...tossing this POS HP out the front door and custom building a powerhouse system...heh. Anytime you need some help, just let me know. :D

C

Crystal Canyon

One night not long ago, Morgaine, (previously in A.V.) bought a house in town and was trying to resize it. She somehow made several attempts to do so in the same evening, so you might ask her exactly how she did it. I know, she had to wait for a time inbetween, but I know she actually made several attempts at it that night.

F

Flora Green

Thanks all. I'll just wait the remaining time and do it with the new character.

F

Flora Green

I want a specific name on the house sign since that character will be most closely associated with the shop. She wasn't created when I placed.