• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

house placing change?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so normally i place a house next to idocs, a simple plot, drag loot it, then demolish it when im done with everything, i then place another plot that same day and theres no hesitation..... so yesterday i couldn't open my house placement tool for like the whole day and when i finally could it said i have to wait 127 hours to place, i have no idea why this is because i never had an issue before with placing and demolishing then placing again

F

Flora Green

Something is screwy with housing now. I collapsed a house (closed the account) and wanted to place in the same spot with an open account. The house would drop as it does when you are "practicing", then it would disappear. Shortly thereafter I couldn't get the tool to open. Tried with different characters and accounts and even bought new tools.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AHA!!! It isn't just me! I have one account with the very same issue and I almost lost a house last night because of it.. It's JUST the one account though. Not all of them. Very strange.

Oh and watch out for this....If there is a house you USED to own with this "broken" account on another of your accounts...when you place a house with the "broken" acount is sends the house you previously owned into a condemned state. This totally sucks and I hope they finally get more complaints and fix it!!!! (not that I hope it happens to other people, but you know what I mean)

L

Lady Kiara

AHA!!! It isn't just me! I have one account with the very same issue and I almost lost a house last night because of it.. It's JUST the one account though. Not all of them. Very strange.

Oh and watch out for this....If there is a house you USED to own with this "broken" account on another of your accounts...when you place a house with the "broken" acount is sends the house you previously owned into a condemned state. This totally sucks and I hope they finally get more complaints and fix it!!!! (not that I hope it happens to other people, but you know what I mean)
I am guessing it had something to do with the server going down yesterday...

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just so paranoid now after almost losing that awesome house last night that I will NEVER place another house with that account. That account now owns the house I almost lost so I will leave well enough alone lol. If i want to traipse around placing houses, it's going to have to be on a different account all together. And thanks for your support last night Lady Kiara :)

Oh but my issues with the "broken" account started awhile ago...after the last major patch.

E

eccentricjules

It wasn't you, it was system wide.

I use mine to check my bank balance, I always have it on me. I tried to open it yesterday and nothing happened. A friend said they get bugged sometimes and break, I handed it to him he couldnt get it to open either. I went and bought a NEW one... same problem. Thats when I realized it wasn't the tool, it was down. NOBODY could open the gump.

Try again today perhaps.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL ! How dare u even post this.....as i remember ..and quite a few others too..........

U placed one of the illegal guard zone houses and u want to know why u cant place again after it was rightly dropped by a GM.... right-io/ LOL

127 hours aint long and will give others a chance to dry loot any idocs u dont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F

Flora Green

I just tried my tool and it opened to the menu. Haven't tested placing yet though.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried my tool and it opened to the menu. Haven't tested placing yet though.
I can get it to place but as soon as it places the house disappears. Like when you have to wait to place for so many hours and your just testing placement.

I'm not worried about anyone stealing the spot since it's a small one but it's still annoying when I want to place a house. :(

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so normally i place a house next to idocs, a simple plot, drag loot it, then demolish it when im done with everything, i then place another plot that same day and theres no hesitation..... so yesterday i couldn't open my house placement tool for like the whole day and when i finally could it said i have to wait 127 hours to place, i have no idea why this is because i never had an issue before with placing and demolishing then placing again
Well, I know that after placing a house on an account, you have to wait 7 days before placing another one, even if you collapse or trade the house. It has been that way for a long while now.
Not sure why it wouldn't let you open the tool, though. I ran into a similar thing that happens when you try to place a house so many times it wont let you do it again for while.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I know that after placing a house on an account, you have to wait 7 days before placing another one, even if you collapse or trade the house. It has been that way for a long while now.
Not sure why it wouldn't let you open the tool, though. I ran into a similar thing that happens when you try to place a house so many times it wont let you do it again for while.
This is not the case. I have, on many occasions, placed a house, waited 15 minutes and removed the house and turned right around and placed in another spot or replaced the same house but in a different size. The only difference when you do this is that the house auto places (in other words, you don't get the gump that asks if you are sure you want to place it...it just places) I heard they changed that from 15 minutes to one hour but I am a house moving fool and I am here to tell you that if you do not own a house on that account, you should NOT have to wait a week to place another one because I do it all the time.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not the case. I have, on many occasions, placed a house, waited 15 minutes and removed the house and turned right around and placed in another spot or replaced the same house but in a different size. The only difference when you do this is that the house auto places (in other words, you don't get the gump that asks if you are sure you want to place it...it just places) I heard they changed that from 15 minutes to one hour but I am a house moving fool and I am here to tell you that if you do not own a house on that account, you should NOT have to wait a week to place another one because I do it all the time.
I think you should have to wait a week to place another house trade, colapse, whatever else. Bypassing it im sure is a bug or else there would not be the message in existance on waiting aproximately 144 hours to place a new home. Placeing a home just to bogart loot frmoa idoc, tehn colapseing and placeing another at the next idoc seems as it it is not within the spirit of the game.

Jeremy please pass this along to the QA/Developers to fix the bug as anyone should not be able to place demolish and place other areas multipkle times a day, unless it is now that you resize the home, but as this op suggested it is indeed possiable to place as many homes as you wish at as many locations you wish as long as you demolish the previous home first.

T

The Home Guild

Housing servers go down time to time and will cause such issues..as can't open housing tool for a period of time. Just gotta wait for it to be aval.

T

The Home Guild

7 DAY TIMER has always been ONLY for recieving not placing.Anyone can place all day long as long as they have no home on acct.There is a 1 hr wait tho between drops.
The timer i think is bull about recieving if i want to trade my home same day and buy a new same day why is there a timer? what was the purpose back in the day for it?

T

The Home Guild

I think you should have to wait a week to place another house trade, colapse, whatever else. Bypassing it im sure is a bug or else there would not be the message in existance on waiting aproximately 144 hours to place a new home. Placeing a home just to bogart loot frmoa idoc, tehn colapseing and placeing another at the next idoc seems as it it is not within the spirit of the game.

Jeremy please pass this along to the QA/Developers to fix the bug as anyone should not be able to place demolish and place other areas multipkle times a day, unless it is now that you resize the home, but as this op suggested it is indeed possiable to place as many homes as you wish at as many locations you wish as long as you demolish the previous home first.
I think before someone complains about issues ,they need to work on thier own :) No offense but many typos in your post.

Everything is fine,resizing,replotting,timer. No need to fix what's not broken!!

mysty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think before someone complains about issues ,they need to work on thier own :) No offense but many typos in your post.

Everything is fine,resizing,replotting,timer. No need to fix what's not broken!!
thats not true !!!
i have 2 accounts for placing at idocs. both placed at this day, the first idoc was early, i removed the plot and everything is fine. this account can place normal.
the 2. account had a plot at a later idoc and after the idocs fall some ppl told me that the login servers are down. i tried the tool and it said that housing is down atm.
i removed the plot at the evening and yesterday evening i tried to place another plot but i got the same message, that i've to wait 134 hours.

T

The Home Guild

thats not true !!!
i have 2 accounts for placing at idocs. both placed at this day, the first idoc was early, i removed the plot and everything is fine. this account can place normal.
the 2. account had a plot at a later idoc and after the idocs fall some ppl told me that the login servers are down. i tried the tool and it said that housing is down atm.
i removed the plot at the evening and yesterday evening i tried to place another plot but i got the same message, that i've to wait 134 hours.
you'll always get the timer message but anyone can place ..timer is for recieving.
Go back to old plot you dropped and make sure it was indeed dropped just to make sure.

mysty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you'll always get the timer message but anyone can place ..timer is for recieving.
don't tell me how to place - i make this since many years on my home shard. i never get the message and no, i can't place ! and only this account get the message, the other one can place normal.

T

The Home Guild

don't tell me how to place - i make this since many years on my home shard. i never get the message and no, i can't place ! and only this account get the message, the other one can place normal.
No need to get testy with me.
make sure that acct doesn't already own a home.
I myself, Mr expert has forgotten i owned a home and had the same issue as you.. only to go back and see i still owned a home on the acct so once i dropped i was able to plot again

mysty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this account is only placing at idocs since years and never owned a house for a longer time. i also know that i removed the last plot (at the time when log and housing server was down), so it must be an issue or bug.
i also noticed that the times of the houses fall changed since this time, yesterday and today the houses are 4-5 hours later :/

T

The Home Guild

this account is only placing at idocs since years and never owned a house for a longer time. i also know that i removed the last plot (at the time when log and housing server was down), so it must be an issue or bug.
i also noticed that the times of the houses fall changed since this time, yesterday and today the houses are 4-5 hours later :/
Yeah,whenever housing servers go down for a certain amount of time.. idoc drops/changes fall at a later time. give it a week to get back to normal.

F

Flora Green

I disagree. Sometimes you just happen upon a better spot. This is exactly what happened to me when I found my Zento spot a few months ago. That very day I had placed along the water with the intention of using that as my fishing house. On my way back to town I saw an empty spot, collapsed the just placed house and placed the new (my current) plot in the better place. I had waited for a Zento house since SE opened and even on Origin(where there is tons of open housing) it's difficult to get an 18x18 in town. Especially since we have one player who buys up plots and hardly ever lets them go.

What you suggest is just another example of punishing those who don't exploit or play the way you don't like. I understand where you are coming from, I simply don't agree.

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what I find quite interesting about this post? the people who just come out and say "I place at an IDOC so I can move all the loot" is the same crud as when the scripters used to place housing and everyone had to rush to the sign to get some items. Why implement the cool down on a house tool then or a block zone? Placing behind or in front of an IDOC for thoes means is quite unfair. And I know exactly what you would all say, it would be the same thing as if we were placing a house anywhere. Well quite frankly its not. Its another interesting way of looping through the system. Just legally now.

DD Im not bashin ya. But to post that your purposely doing it to cheat at an IDOC and ask for help about it is absurd.

And Im sure I can speak for others who attend these IDOC's that they would agree with me.

:talktothehand:

T

The Home Guild

You know what I find quite interesting about this post? the people who just come out and say "I place at an IDOC so I can move all the loot" is the same crud as when the scripters used to place housing and everyone had to rush to the sign to get some items. Why implement the cool down on a house tool then or a block zone? Placing behind or in front of an IDOC for thoes means is quite unfair. And I know exactly what you would all say, it would be the same thing as if we were placing a house anywhere. Well quite frankly its not. Its another interesting way of looping through the system. Just legally now.

DD Im not bashin ya. But to post that your purposely doing it to cheat at an IDOC and ask for help about it is absurd.

And Im sure I can speak for others who attend these IDOC's that they would agree with me.

Not to start a fire..but..i always believed and never understood why "idocers/looters" complained of scripters or not getting loot. Was it "your" loot in the first place? Did you own any of it? Was it not the person that quit or forgot to make a payment thus losing all items and housing? So,why complain over splilled milk when it was NEVER yours in the first place? Who gives a person a right to pancake over loot that was never thiers?

just my 2 cents.

Before we complain maybe should sit back and really think about things and have a better attitude.

mysty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

it's interesting that always the same ppl are posting or saying something like that ( and sorry about my bad english but it's not my *mother language*). i'm doing idocs since more than 7 years, sometimes more, sometimes not. i remember all the years where nobody knows the time and were standing for hours in front of idoc houses. but i always tried to place in this years it was good gold. some ppl are running hours through dungeons to get gold, some ppl are making idocs.
when it changed to plots, i remember my first idoc at this time a small marble and i was also wondering like the others when some parts were locked under the house sign. some called me scripter but i called an GM by myself. it's one of the issues in this game that never changed - so tell it the ppl from EA !
in all this many years i never used any script or soemthing like this. if you have a good connection and also the time you have a good chance to place.
and ahy is it unfair tp place a plot for the loot ? i pay this yccount since years with cash and everybody can do the same, so it's the same chance for all!
so where's a cheating ?
i'm so tired to hear or read such crap since many years. UO is a great game and everyone can be happy in it, doing what he want. some ppl are making idocs, some pvp, some love their bods...so where's the problem ?

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to start a fire..but..i always believed and never understood why "idocers/looters" complained of scripters or not getting loot. Was it "your" loot in the first place? Did you own any of it? Was it not the person that quit or forgot to make a payment thus losing all items and housing? So,why complain over splilled milk when it was NEVER yours in the first place? Who gives a person a right to pancake over loot that was never thiers?

just my 2 cents.

Before we complain maybe should sit back and really think about things and have a better attitude.
Well then why complain about a house placement during an IDOC hmmm? Loot like the rest of us!!! Why cheat if it wasnt yours either in the first place hmm? Im just making a statement here. As far as b**ching over looting, then why is it that someone needs to have a plot?

And thats another 3 cents added here.

A

Aboo

I haven't had that issue but I was looking for a spot to place a house for my niece and I found a spot that would fit a 16 x 17. However, I was almost positive that I could get an 18 x 18 there. I kept trying and kept getting the message that I couldn't do it. Eventually I got the message that I had tried too many times and to try back again later!

I waited about half an hour and tried again and sure enough I eventually got an 18 x 18 placed there for her. But it's kind of ridiculous to get the message you tried too many times when 90% of those tries resulted in you getting the message that you couldn't place there. I could almost see it if you kept getting it down but wanted to move it so you cancelled and tried again.

T

The Home Guild

Well then why complain about a house placement during an IDOC hmmm? Loot like the rest of us!!! Why cheat if it wasnt yours either in the first place hmm? Im just making a statement here. As far as b**ching over looting, then why is it that someone needs to have a plot?

And thats another 3 cents added here.
if i lost a house placement that told me they had a better connection and i lost.There is many more to try and try again ...same goes for your "loot".
Noone cheats at an idoc because someone beat someone else placing means they were quicker. Anyhow,i see you're bitter.I wish a better day for you.
take care.

T

The Home Guild

I haven't had that issue but I was looking for a spot to place a house for my niece and I found a spot that would fit a 16 x 17. However, I was almost positive that I could get an 18 x 18 there. I kept trying and kept getting the message that I couldn't do it. Eventually I got the message that I had tried too many times and to try back again later!

I waited about half an hour and tried again and sure enough I eventually got an 18 x 18 placed there for her. But it's kind of ridiculous to get the message you tried too many times when 90% of those tries resulted in you getting the message that you couldn't place there. I could almost see it if you kept getting it down but wanted to move it so you cancelled and tried again.
i think they need to fix the housing tool cool down process to.. only idocs.
If i decided to "resize" my plot to expand.. i shouldn't get a cool down after trying many times to get the largest spot aval for me with my new land.

A

Aboo

i think they need to fix the housing tool cool down process to.. only idocs.
If i decided to "resize" my plot to expand.. i shouldn't get a cool down after trying many times to get the largest spot aval for me with my new land.
I agree 100%!