• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House Placement in New Magincia ???

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I paged a GM and after 90 minutes gave up on being seen by one. Can someone tell me why house placement is unavailable in all of New Mag, even though someone placed a house on the eastern end of the city ?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I got an email pointing me to the House Placement rules page.

" We apologize for the inconvenience, but unfortunately, in game support is not able to assist in placing a home or able to discuss house placement with the player base"..,I didn't page asking someone to come place a house for me, or tell me how to place a house. I included the message that House Placement is not available, in an area that should have been available, I asked a question, i wasn't looking for a discussion over dinner and drinks. real helpful...thanks @Mesanna .

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow this is quite the active forum "said no one ever". I guess that's why New Mag is awaiting the Kings Choice for Governor.../sad.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Was trying to see if I could find an answer. No luck. The only thing I can think of is possible it has something to do with how those plots were given out. Since it was a lottery, not sure if the regular rules applied when a house dropped. You might ask in uhall since more people post there.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Was trying to see if I could find an answer. No luck. The only thing I can think of is possible it has something to do with how those plots were given out. Since it was a lottery, not sure if the regular rules applied when a house dropped. You might ask in uhall since more people post there.
Thanks for the reply, it's a shame you're the only active one on these forums. I , like many others started here as soon as the shard opened, played for a few years then quit for a while, and when I came back I started on Siege. I still play there 95% of the time, but have my characters here still. New Mag is a bustling town on Siege, and a freaking ghost town on LA , and it's a shame. How can the king expect to have a functioning governorship when there's only one house ?

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last I remember, you still had to actually bid on a property to get one, but that was years ago and the bid markers are no longer present. As I never had any interest in New Mag property, I never kept track.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all the spots that were within the perimeter was put up for bid after that it was catch as catch can. All outside perimeter were able to be placed byanyone. The char owning the house there now got it from myGrandson Branden who was the original owner and he gave it to his Dad who is my Son in Law. He feels falsly accused of an exploit all other owners of houses letthem drop or moved he could have been Governor of Magincia but didnt care to as it wasnt within his play style. We are old Lake Austin playersmost of our family are in the Hap Guild or as in the case of Diggy the Ump Guild. Branden no longer plays the game also my Wife owns the Abyss Ranger house she was original owner no exploit was used in getting that either.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also my Grandson was one of the original lottery winners thats how he got let his Dad have when he quit playing

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just remembered Calley of the N^K guild won one there and had a house there for a long time she gave it up when she got a Castle

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Deleted the exploit assumption, it's also good to know your grandson "could have been governor, even though he didn't want to and it's not his play style". Anyway, move along people, nothing to see here except a single house in New Magincia. There's no reason anyone should want to live there right ? Funny thing, on Siege when those plots go idoc and fall , they're easily replaced by anyone not having to jump through yet another Mesanna created hoop.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
you should be able to place a house, you just have to know where to place it
the biggest size you can do is 15 x 15
I myself won C2 on Sonoma (unfortunately fell, but have replaced in the same spot twice and then the spot just above the docks on both Sonoma & Atlantic)
if you are around I could show you

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you get past "Housing cannot be created in this area" ?

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have placed before but the spots are extremely finicky. Last time I placed the largest I could do was 15x15 and it had to be placed damn near perfectly. I got the same "Housing cannot be created in this area" message a few times but was ultimately able to place. I hope this helps

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never tried to place Magincia on main shards, but I have on test, in fact I have one there now, a craft house I shared with people testing the bod publish, first plot east from the moongate. All plots are 15x 15 and must be placed exactly on that 15x15 square.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, don't forget, that adjusting the position of your game window in the CC (and according to some, the EC as well) has been known to somehow screw up the placement system. I've known several people over the last 15 years that couldn't place a plot the exact same size and spot as the one that dropped, until they completely deleted the character settings and started with vanilla UO 2D/CC with the game window in the default location.

Rellic

Adventurer
How do you get past "Housing cannot be created in this area" ?
Even if you can place a house if you don't have it where the house can be placed it will still give that message.

I got that message a lot where I placed my house in the samurai Islands by the Lesser spawn.

But once I found my old spot I slipped right in.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was able to place it where I wanted it. I then placed a bid and won the stall directly in front of the house, only to have some a$$ out bid on it the next week. A spot that wasn't even being used in the first place.