• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House customization

W

Wolfways

I recently rebuilt my house and after trying it in SA for a while i had to switch to 2D to do it.
The newer version is much more of a pain to use and the icons are too small, even though you have to scroll through them unlike the old one where all the tiles are right there infront of you :coco:
Of couse with the tiles being different in the 2D and SA clients that means i have to keep switching back and forth to check what the house looks like.
Also, it takes ages for it to do anything!

Anyone else prefer the old one?

F

Fink

I'll add my signature to the petition!:thumbsup:

Classic is far superior than Enhanced for house customising and, really, there is no reason it should be so.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like many aspects the enhanced client offers for house customization. The only reason I still use the classic client for customizing houses is to cut stairs, and to make sure the illusions I try to create work well. I don't like the KR grass and dirt tiles.

The way the enhanced client remembers where you are in the menu is really nice when backing out of categories. I love being able to scroll through the tiles. Being able to click and hold the mouse button to delete a bunch of tiles is also very nice, even though it can lead to deleting more than you intend. I also like how the visibility menu works. It's much more useful than the old way.

T

Tay M'real

i had the same problem - tried doing it in EC but it was a pain - performance was slower and overall just took longer - legacy was alot easier