House contruction needs to be EXACTLY the same between the two clients

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
Right now in the two clients the roof levels are offset by one. This means that house designs that work in one client, don't work in the other. This really needs to be fixed. I just wasted a couple of hours trying to fix a house in the enhanced client that had been constructed in the 2D client, and I couldn't do it.

What makes this issue worse is that you can get into a situation where there are no red tiles anywhere, but the house design won't work, and in a complex design it can be almost impossible to find where the problems are without starting over from scratch. It is extremely frustrating.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
No, I did not. I guess I should have. But it seemed so obvious, I didn't think of it. Level one roofs in the enhanced client are level two in the classic client. I didn't imagine that they would have missed something that obvious, and assumed it was done for technical reasons. But whatever the reasons, it needs to be fixed.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
House customizing was never put under the microscope of focused testing, unfortunately. There were plenty of house related bug submitted, but I guess none of them are considered game breakers.

Not to sound like a broken record, but it would sure be nice to receive an update on what the Devs plan to do with the new client. At the very least, it would be nice to simply be told that they aren't going to work on it any more, if that is the case.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 22, 2004
Rochester, NY
illandril.net
No, I did not. I guess I should have. But it seemed so obvious, I didn't think of it.
Bug report every problem you run into.
Even if it seems obvious, even if you know somebody else has reported it... if you run into a problem, report it.

EA might have overlooked a report... or the bug might have gotten lost in a sea of higher priority bugs... or they might not have enough information to be able to reproduce it... or they might think it's a feature very few people use so it has a lower priority than other things.