• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hot spots for serp and krakens w/ MIB's

S

Spyderis

Was wondering if anyone knows some hot spots, for fishing up serps and krakens, It seems ill fish for an hour and only get one mib..if anyone could let me know where they have luck that would be great....Biggest Fish 138 stones..Catskills

L

Lord Drakelord

:postpics:

Post a snap of the catch up in the BIG fish sticky thread. :)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's no such thing as hot spots. As soon as you're in deep water, the chance of catching those is the same no matter where you fish.

T

Tazar

Do the Kraken's in wind have Mib's? If so, that could be a good spot with a near-continuous spawn.

L

Lord Drakelord

Do the Kraken's in wind have Mib's? If so, that could be a good spot with a near-continuous spawn.
not sure, I have not been there in ages, maybe someone will check and let us know.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not shure about prices, but you could buy and throw out green nets to get mibs faster. (Krakens from nets can have a mib on them.)

J

Jermosh

Not shure about prices, but you could buy and throw out green nets to get mibs faster. (Krakens from nets can have a mib on them.)
It depends on how much the nets go for. I really lucked out and found a vendor with 100 nets on it at 500gp not to long ago. I ended up with about 2 ASOS and 70 MIBs. They also had 20 MIBs at 750gp.

Granted I am going to be doing a lot of fishing in a few months though. I find its the perfect skill for when I am doing homework for an online class.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont understand the whole sea serpent things now a days. years ago i would fish and they would always pop once i hit gm fishing.

i recently built a new fisher, he has been gm and on slow forward fishing for like all day now and yet to even pull any serpent or kraken, i must be doing something wrong.

im on slow forward, uoa macro to fish every 9 sec. but all i get is boots and fish on the deck?

any advise?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently went fishing again after a year off. I sailed along the server line and didn't get a serp for 3 hrs.
I thought for sure I was doing something wrong.

Tried the exact same thing the next day....and in 3 hours I got 20 serps and 10 mibs, 3 nets, 5 maps and 4 pearls.

All I can say is that Random number generator sure is.....well random!

:
)

J

Jermosh

I recently went fishing again after a year off. I sailed along the server line and didn't get a serp for 3 hrs.
I thought for sure I was doing something wrong.

Tried the exact same thing the next day....and in 3 hours I got 20 serps and 10 mibs, 3 nets, 5 maps and 4 pearls.

All I can say is that Random number generator sure is.....well random!

:
)
Yeah it really is all random. I seem to have a hot spot though, I get simular results from the same exact spot when I fish there once or twice a week.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think someone has bumped up the % of AOS in mibs. For the past month or so I am seeing them about 1 in 12 to 1 in 15.
No where near the 1 in 25+ we use to see.

Yes I could just be on a lucky swing, but a month long lucky swing??