• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hot Keys?

M

Mooge

Is there anyway to set up hot keys so I don't have to go to abilities to use my skills?

Oh and srry to make another thread right after my last one.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, your control and alt keys will show you your macros.

To make the macros, hit menu, arrow over, macros, pick a book and confirm.

If the job ability you want to macro is Boost, you type "boost" in the name, arrow down to the next line and type /ja "Boost" <me> where ja = job ability, quotes are around the name of the ability and <me> is where the macro is targeted.

Other examples of macros:
/ma "Cure III" <t> (magic, "name of magic, <target>)
/ws "Hexa Strike" <t> (weapon skill, "name of ws", <target>)

M

Mooge

Okay that will make everything so much easier. Thanks again Trish.

T

tanls

Just make sure your spelling is just like on the spelling on the listings you see. Including Capitol letters and such. Only abbreviations as accepted by the game are of any use either. If your macro doesn't work, check your spelling.

Y

YoungUn

I use the auto translate a LOT when making macro's. Specially those ninja spells >.<
If you are putting items into your macro's (clothing or weapons for example) you can Tab-Arrow Up to "Items" and scroll through that list to find what you are looking for, helps a lot with spelling.

M

Mooge

Oh I didn't even think about macroing armor...that's a good idea. Not that I can afford different armor sets.

T

tanls

Gear macros won't be a concern for you as of right now, but it will be a must later on. For low level jobs, I mostly macro in my JAs and WS. For mage jobs, mostly party type spells are macro'd like cure and stuff. Attack spells I usually just do off of menu. The only gear swaps I might do is for resting. At higher levels, depending on the job, you could do a gear swap with every move, just about. As a whm main, there is nothing more frustrating than a blink tank who's keeps blinking while in the red.

M

Mooge

Well once I become rich *cough* I'm gonna have like 5 different armor sets, each for different occasions. It'll be great.

T

tanls

Ok... lol. What you may find is that once you get higher in level, armor sets per se aren't really what you'll wear. Mostly, it'll be odds and ends that you will use to macro in for whatever stats they give. For example, on my WHM I wear Nobles for most things and Errants Houp for resting. As soon as i get my relic piece, I'll be tossing that on for regens. I do wear Blessed stuff for other spots, but my feet are Rostrum Pumps and my head piece switches from Zenith Crown for max MP to Wahlara Turban for the haste. Even at lower level, it's not necessary to wear sets and most likely you would get better stats from mixing gear. The only reason it would be worthwhile to get sets is for storage purposes only. But, a lot of ppl have "city" sets for walking around town.

What it comes down to is, sets kinda make it easy to buy armor, but you don't need sets and you might be better off with pieces of different armor. You might look a little patchworked sometimes, but sometimes not.

M

Mooge

I mean I honestly don't really mind what I look like as long as the clothes aren't terrible. Although, occasionally, if the clothes are really cool looking I'll wear them no matter what the stats are.

B

Banhammer

I mean I honestly don't really mind what I look like as long as the clothes aren't terrible. Although, occasionally, if the clothes are really cool looking I'll wear them no matter what the stats are.
You're going to love the AF quests once you get to that level, then.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh, as a fellow summoner you may understand this. The AF horn isn't the best stat-wise but I usually wear it in the beginning anyway for the MP boost, then change after one blood pact to the austere hobo hat. Same with the AF body and austere robe. The AF is colorful and that horn is like nothing else in the game, and the Austere is just so drab. The blood pact delay down time makes it worth wearing, but I need a break from the drab brown sometimes. lol