• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hope LA is safe!

A

Azazel of LA

I was looking on some other shards and Im SO happy that the Duped Valorite Hammers havent found their way to LA. When you have 26 Valorite Hammers on one ... yes ... ONE Vendor , you know something isnt right. But now that EA decided to turn on Char. transfers again , its just a matter of time before it happens to us. So I ask , do you think as the small and tight knit community we are gonna be able to stop them when they hit our shard?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Most people aren't that desperate to buy an obviously duped hammer - or that rich.

Thanks to Nutty Professor doing it the hard way (lots of BOD runners, and trade agreements with others for BODs, BEFORE character transfers, that involved him and his partners making a full slate of smiths on each others' shards) in the early days of the shard, we crafters of Lake Austin developed a healthy appreciation of the Valorite Hammer, and will not sully ourselves with such knockoff goods.

However, I can't speak for those who arrived after transfers...

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I could be tempted with the 3K uses version of the Runic Tools of TC1. I under no circumstance (and I DO appreciate how hard they re to get) could bring myself to buy a Runic unless it was in the Under 50K range. As I just can NOT bring my self to play that .... grumbles ... Lottery Game, with such a .... limited use (what 50?) item.

S

Smoken Joe

THey'll be plenty of people who do buy them.. 18-21 mill is the current price on Val Hammers on other shard.. and the armor that they are giving.. is just outstanding.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I for one will not be buying them. If Mora can't earn them the hard way, Mora doesn't need to have them. As guild leader of CTTA, I strongly discourage any of my guild members from buying, not that they would. Their crafters work hard to get runics.

A

Azazel of LA

I think LA has some "Fishy" Verite Hammers. Ive been watching a vendor in Luna sell them the last couple days. The owner keeps it stocked with 2 Verite hammers and 2 Heartwood Kits (never more then 2 at a time ... smart to try staying off radar?). Im not 100% sure and Im not trying to step on toes , but Im just giving a warning to be careful.

S

Smoken Joe

:( they wouldn't be dangerous to anyone if they were used... the "fishy" hammer would be used with it's 20 charges.. and new items would be made..

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the dupe that is making the vally hammers and whatnot was around before the xsharding went down... and there were a few vendors on la that did have some of them for a bit... but most of the dupe vendors just keep restocking 1 at a time so it doesnt draw undesired attention... the dumbass that has 26 on his vendor must just want to get banned... LA and most of the smaller shards arent good places for the dupers to market their high end items becuz there really arent many people to buy them