• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Honordays Events

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PGoH is currently looking at running the Honordays festivities again this October. As some, hopefully most, of you know Honordays was our celebration of the birth of PGoH and we ran a week long string of events last year. This year we'll be trying to use the whole month to give more people the chance to participate in the events.

My question for any interested in participating in the events this year or who took part last year.

What events would you like to see brought back, or introduced this year?

I can't guarantee anything will be added or brought back, but if there's enough interest in specific events or types of events i'll do my very best to try and make it happen. Feel free to PM or ICQ me with your suggestions beyond just posting if you feel more comfortable doing that.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to see an event where we can kill you all again.

And kidnap an innocent merchant-lady.

And um...

I forget what happened after that.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A fair sounds lovely Aedon. We'll have to see what else we can hold in Trinsic. I love Olympus but Trinsic needs it's love too. *smiles*

And Farsight.
Was that the thing at the archery tournament where Pike, I think it was, used the bow we just gave him as a prize for winning to kill us while the rest of you stinking pirates jumped off a ship and attacked...?
Or one of the other times you guys did something similar, you do it so often I have trouble remembering if your not specific *grins*

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok... so I have another question in addition now. If we did a market/fair type event would I get Fae made pies? How many people would be interested in running stalls or helping with entertainment at something like this?

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At public events everyone is welcome, regardless of guild or affiliation. Just keep in mind that your IC treatment may not be the friendliest if your a known evil, undead or... "eccentric human" in the "i'll have a warm glass of bloo... err ale" type. *grins* I'm looking forward to interacting with a wide variety of people with these events and hopefully some of the non rpers will decide to give us a try. And please keep the suggestions coming so I know what the community would like to see.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will defiantly be there to help in any way I can and of course, to eat the Fae made pies.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the offer Aedon, I will definitly be taking you up on that as soon as I figure out what we need. We've got just a little over a month to get it all done.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thom I'd like to help if I can.
We are not roleplayers but if you need anything else please give me a shout.

(perhaps raffle prizes or something cool. Just let me know!)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was that the thing at the archery tournament where Pike, I think it was, used the bow we just gave him as a prize for winning to kill us while the rest of you stinking pirates jumped off a ship and attacked...?
Or one of the other times you guys did something similar, you do it so often I have trouble remembering if your not specific *grins*
LIES, ALL LIES! *grins*
The bow is still hanging on my trophy wall.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok... so I have another question in addition now. If we did a market/fair type event would I get Fae made pies? How many people would be interested in running stalls or helping with entertainment at something like this?
Yes! I will bring my stall and Fae Made pies for all!

[baker is not responsible for any wild dreams or fantasies that accompany the eating of Fae Made Pies]

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flutter- being an rper isn't necessary to help with or attend the events. I appreciate any help your willing to offer but... *eyes Pike* Maybe you can help by keeping Pike and his boys away *grins* Seriously though, the most help I could get right now would be an idea of what events people want. I'll have a partial list up soon but still looking for ideas at the moment.

Pike- I'm almost sure that bow still has some of my blood on it if we look close enough.

Phaen- Yay!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ideas:
Joust (you have to do it, it's tradition)
Shipwrecked hunt (start nekkid, earn yer supplies)
Archery contest (Paul runs a good archery contest)
Treasure maps (maybe a race between a number of teams, 3 maps each, first one done with all three? The reward may actually be worth it too)
Net toss (Maybe without the pirates this year? *chuckles*)
Story night (again, it's a tradition for Olympians, have to do it... besides, you never finished the "tour" as far as I know... left Galehaven right out)

Or a public Harrower? That could be real fun.

That's all for now, maybe more later when my mind is actually working.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Joust- you betcha
Shpiwrecked hunt- we call it humility hunt and I forgot to add it to the list
Archery- but of course
T-maps i'm not sure about... we might be able to work something out for that
net toss is up in the air as well, we may be able to work it out too
Bard's Night... was never a doubt we'd do that one (and we did finish the tour at Galehaven for Honordays last year)

Public Harrower i'd need to enlist some help for that one. Perhaps Flutter and the others would be willing?

C

Corvak

You guys should do another themed story night. I'm no writer but I really liked going to them to listen :)

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archery contest (Paul runs a good archery contest)
Paul has been .... moved... but I still have the list and When I get more time to organize things I'll try to do a not so sporadic set of archery contests I can do it on Rotep all I'd have to do is stone on archery and tactics.

...Still need to buy my seventh slot it'd make my life easier or like 10 times more difficult.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The themed story nights we call Bard's night and it's already on the list of things that will happen I just have to pick the topic and tell people what it is and when it happens.

Scarst... you do know you don't actually have to be an archer to run an archery contest right?

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The themed story nights we call Bard's night and it's already on the list of things that will happen I just have to pick the topic and tell people what it is and when it happens.

Scarst... you do know you don't actually have to be an archer to run an archery contest right?
Of course haha