• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Honor Macro

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Connor_Graham

I've got a macro set up to bring up a targeting cursor to Honor my opponents on both my meleer and archer but it isn't working correctly and I'm not sure what to do to fix it. The problem I'm having is that it takes 4-5 attempts to actually get a cursor to come up. Has anyone figured out how to make this work so the cursor comes up each time the key combo is hit? This is a deal breaker as both of these characters have Bushido and requires Honor to be used in order to maximize the effectiveness of each char.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does your combo involved the left ctrl key? If so, make sure you press that one BEFORE the other key involved. Sometimes it doesn't register if you actually press them both at once.

C

Connor_Graham

does your combo involved the left ctrl key? If so, make sure you press that one BEFORE the other key involved. Sometimes it doesn't register if you actually press them both at once.
It uses the left Alt key, but that's not the problem. I've been using the same key combo for quite a few years now, and always hit the Alt key first. It's just not working right and I can't figure out why.

C

Connor_Graham

I just used the premade Honor icon from the Virtues section of "Actions" to create the macro, put the macro icon on the hotbar, and assigned the key combo I use to it.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am / was having the same problem when using the Ctr / Atl keys.

Make sure you have the Alt / Ctrl key depressed THEN hit the letter key.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a working one on my Tamer in SA.

I use Honor | WaitForTarget | CursorTargetCurrent | allkill | WaitForTarget | CursorTargetCurrent

It has been working fine for me down in the Balron room in the Fan Dancers DoJo.

I simply target (as in left click) the Balron then hit the F12 key (my hot key).

C

Connor_Graham

I am / was having the same problem when using the Ctr / Atl keys.

Make sure you have the Alt / Ctrl key depressed THEN hit the letter key.
I am. I just tested it again and it still isn't working as it should. It takes 4-5 attempts to get a cursor to come up after one has already been up.

C

Connor_Graham

I have a working one on my Tamer in SA.

I use Honor | WaitForTarget | CursorTargetCurrent | allkill | WaitForTarget | CursorTargetCurrent

It has been working fine for me down in the Balron room in the Fan Dancers DoJo.

I simply target (as in left click) the Balron then hit the F12 key (my hot key).
What you have set up is not what I'm trying to do. I don't want it to choose a target. I just want it to bring up the cursor so I can target what I want myself.

O

Old Man of UO

I just dropped the Honor Icon in my F12 hot bar slot and set target to cursor. That is as straightforward as it gets. It works the way you are describing, without ever a problem.

C

Connor_Graham

I've gotten it to work a little bit better by assigning the hotkeys to the macro instead of the hotbar slot, but I'm still having problems with it working every time. I have another char that I set it up on default hotbar for the function keys, and have no problem with that one, just on the one that's set up on a secondary hotbar.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you have set up is not what I'm trying to do. I don't want it to choose a target. I just want it to bring up the cursor so I can target what I want myself.
*Shrug*

By the way, mine does not choose a target. I do that first thing by left click on the (in my case) MoB. That sets the Current Target. The Macro is nothing more than a sequential series of steps that use the Current Target I selected by Left Clicking on it.

Ok, I would think just puting the Honor Action in the macro and worst case waitfortarget action would do it.

On the other hand, while I have not done Old Mans technique it should produce what your wanting.

C

Connor_Graham

I just dropped the Honor Icon in my F12 hot bar slot and set target to cursor. That is as straightforward as it gets. It works the way you are describing, without ever a problem.
I don't get an option to set the target, regardless of how I set it up. The only way I do get the option is if it's put in the default function hotbar, which isn't going to work.

J

(Jah)

the only way to get an option to set target is if you turn legacy targeting off in options. All I did was drag the honor icon to one of the F keys, and it works, you dont even have to assign hotkey if you just drag it to f bar. Should work.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I strongly suggest ditching 'legacy' targeting, the targeting options available in SA are far more versatile. Try it, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I strongly suggest ditching 'legacy' targeting, the targeting options available in SA are far more versatile. Try it, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
*Grumbles*

Not only the above but as far as I can tell it actually does implement the 2D list of Macro Actions .... mostly.

But yeah what Petra said.

H

HillBilly

I tested with and without legacy targeting and didnt have any problems.

Went to actions, dropped the icon onto one of my hotbars. Assigned it with an alt key combo.

Maybe its another issue?
I dunno.
I got target curser everytime. :confused:

O

Old Man of UO

I tested with and without legacy targeting and didnt have any problems.

Went to actions, dropped the icon onto one of my hotbars. Assigned it with an alt key combo.

Maybe its another issue?
I dunno.
I got target curser everytime. :confused:
Sounds like it's only an issue with Legacy targeting and using it in a macro. I am traveling this week and can't test it.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have Legacy Targeting turned off. I have a macro that is assigned to Left Alt + Q and that only consists of the Honor icon. There is nothing set up in the macro for targeting purposes. The macro has not been dragged to a hotbar. When I use the macro, I get a targetting cursor and apply it to whatever I want.

T

TheGrayGhost

Legacy targeting is and has been off since day 1 of beta testing.
For w/e reason Honor will not let you set the target. The only way I can think of to get it to work the way you want it to is to stick in on the hotbar and assign a hotkey to it without using alt or ctrl. You can make a macro for it if you really want, just make a macro with simply the honor action and nothing else and assign a hotkey to it that isn't using alt or ctrl. Alt and Ctrl atm seem to be having some issues.

C

Connor_Graham

For w/e reason Honor will not let you set the target. The only way I can think of to get it to work the way you want it to is to stick in on the hotbar and assign a hotkey to it without using alt or ctrl. You can make a macro for it if you really want, just make a macro with simply the honor action and nothing else and assign a hotkey to it that isn't using alt or ctrl. Alt and Ctrl atm seem to be having some issues.
This statement about the Alt key having issues is correct. I figured out what my problem was, and it's all with the Alt key. I have to hold that key down even after I've released the other, and have to continue to hold it until the targeting cursor comes up. This leaves me with having slow targeting or using a single key macro, neither of which I want. Is it that hard to make macros a simple process? It seems every time I try to set up macros that aren't cut and dry, such as Chiv spells out of the book, it turns into another lesson in frustration.

C

Connor_Graham

Use a different key Connor.

I use the minus or += one and it works fine.
This wouldn't work for me. I use left side keyboard keys for most of my macros. Trying to use a key from the right side for something that I'd be doing while in combat won't work. Besides, it shouldn't matter what keys I use, it should work regardless. The fact that it doesn't points to a problem with the way the keys are mapped in the programming.

T

TheGrayGhost

This statement about the Alt key having issues is correct. I figured out what my problem was, and it's all with the Alt key. I have to hold that key down even after I've released the other, and have to continue to hold it until the targeting cursor comes up. This leaves me with having slow targeting or using a single key macro, neither of which I want. Is it that hard to make macros a simple process? It seems every time I try to set up macros that aren't cut and dry, such as Chiv spells out of the book, it turns into another lesson in frustration.
Believe it or not lol, the Alt key issue is something SA inherited from KR. KR had some issues with Alt as well. If you Alt+Tab out in KR and then went back in any time you hit enter it would resize the screen until you hit Alt again lol. Nothing significant, just an odd observation I wanted to share.

L

lham52

I am having an identical problem using Alt a as a keystroke for honor

C

Connor_Graham

I am having an identical problem using Alt a as a keystroke for honor
I'm glad it's not just me. I've gotta say I'm more than a little peeved that I have to relearn macros that I've been using for almost 5 yrs because the programming for a key is screwed.

P

pgcd

One of the devs posted something about this (ie the ctrl/alt issue) being a top priority, so I hope it's gonna be fixed in the next patch or something.
What I doubt will be fixed is the ludicrous delay before the cursor pops up (it looks like a second or so on my PC) and the fact that Honor seems to be somehow tied to skills, so if I happen to use Discordance before Honor I need to wait several seconds before being able to honor my opponent, while the opposite has no noticeable delay.

C

Connor_Graham

One of the devs posted something about this (ie the ctrl/alt issue) being a top priority, so I hope it's gonna be fixed in the next patch or something.
What I doubt will be fixed is the ludicrous delay before the cursor pops up (it looks like a second or so on my PC) and the fact that Honor seems to be somehow tied to skills, so if I happen to use Discordance before Honor I need to wait several seconds before being able to honor my opponent, while the opposite has no noticeable delay.
I sure hope so. As things stand now between the cursor issues, stacking/container issues, and key mapping problems, if SA were to be released without these things being fixed they'd end up with another KR.