• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Home and Castle presents; Halloween Decorators Contest 2008

F

feath

Wipe the dust off the deco tool, it's time for an overhaul!

Between Sep 1st and Sep 10th, create NEW deco idea's for the H&C Halloween decoration contest! Dead lines for pictures of your deco is midnight, GMT, Oct 4th (new deadline!)

See contest rules here.

Voting will follow starting on Oct 5th

Winners announced oct 15th

Voting site; http://www.uodeco.com/
send it to; [email protected]

T

Teeshy

Yay! I love looking at other people's deco =D I really suck at putting together a whole house myself, but I love looking at others =D

F

feath

Entries can be smaller than a house! perhaps a new take on witches or a band of merry goblins off tricker treating! The only thing limiting the entries is lack of imagination!

it may not be a GM event, but it's going to be a lot of fun, with lots of people already stirring their cauldrons looking for ideas.

F

feath

one week to go before the kick off!
Time to put on a wizards hat and let your brain boil - the halloween compition will change the face of... well. your house, at least :D

F

feath

Time's flying, even if Zoom isn't!

Sept 1st is the first day you can submit your Halloween idea! Whoot!

you can send in a snapshot of your idea to [email protected] starting sep 1st, midnight, gmt.... the deadline is the 10th.

please read the full rules here; http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=97279
Don't get left out, just cause you sent the wrong size photo!

The contest has moderator backing, is on the calendar, and zigzag promised a couple of prizes! As well as the Golden Ax of Deco Excellence!

hope to see your best entries!

A

Amathist of PoC

I have not come up with an entry myself due to illness and lack of game time but I am so keen to see the entries just to find out what unique items have decorated with this year.

F

feath

I have not come up with an entry myself due to illness and lack of game time but I am so keen to see the entries just to find out what unique items have decorated with this year.
Still 2 weeks to deadline, Amathist! Hopefully you'll be up and ready for some deco lovin' by then.
After all, who ELSE will give us pirate-y goodness?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a lil stumped on what I'm working on right now. Might have to scrap and start over! :eek:

F

feath

Whoot whoot!
Submissions are now being accepted!
Come on, guys, you know you want to!

Sarsmi, it's just a hickup. I know you got a secret weapon deco tool, gold lined maybe, that sucks ideas from your brain while you sleep.

Can I borrow it?

A

Amathist of PoC

Still 2 weeks to deadline, Amathist! Hopefully you'll be up and ready for some deco lovin' by then.
After all, who ELSE will give us pirate-y goodness?
I will do my up most to try BUT I have also passed on the information to my crew on our website as I know there are some keen decorators there so perhaps one of those fine pirates will enter also.

They are just voting on our own deco comp at the moment so give them a couple of days to get over our pirate themed room comp.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoot whoot!
Submissions are now being accepted!
Come on, guys, you know you want to!

Sarsmi, it's just a hickup. I know you got a secret weapon deco tool, gold lined maybe, that sucks ideas from your brain while you sleep.

Can I borrow it?
:D

I'm unstumped! But I want to come up with more things since I'm not completely happy about what I ended up with. It's too complicated to just throw together like you would voluptuous (fauns) jack o lantern or those cute black bats. Something cute and easy would be ideal, methinks.

C

Coven of One

Fun stuff.. my favorite Holiday!

*spooks up the house*

F

feath

Deco fever has hit! The new vet rewards are awesome, although they wont hit 'the stores' before the Halloween Deco contest moves into voting. :(
Still - they've got the juices flowing...

Did Johnny really challenge the Devil to a fiddling contest?
Does the Devil wear Prada, or just some exceptional half boots?
Imps - It's whats for dinner?

5 days left to get your entry in!
send it to; [email protected]
read the rules first! (link on first post)

F

feath

Voting site; http://www.uodeco.com/

Click the link to vote - or click the link to go look at the new deco page, with lots of ideas up, and more coming every day! (new site, so very much a WIP)

Halloween entries will go 'live' on the 11th. You can look (and bookmark!) but none of the entries will show until then. Have you got your entry in? only 4 days left to do so! yikes!

Take a walk on the dark side - it's... darker!
Roof top art - it's ... large!
Character costumes - Frankenstein? Bunny? V? Matrix? So many things to chose from!

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hola, the decorating competition entries are due in in just two days and currently not many people have submitted an entry.

The competition needs entries!!!!!

Entries dont have to be anything huge and complicated (although they can be), some of the best deco ideas can use as little as three or four items put together in an unusual fashion to represent something new... just use your imagination and have fun :D

P.S with there being only a few entries at present that means of course that you have a better chance of winning :D

Please support this initiative, the opening poster has put alot of time and effort into this, and there will be prizes for the winners!!!

F

feath

Thanks for the pitch, sligachan!

Here's some quick prompts that might trigger ideas!

dressmaker forms with halloween costumes
new pumpkin - if its not a bag ball, its NEW
bats - if its not 2 hats and a ball of yarn, its NEW
flying witches - what mischief can a flying witch get into?
headless horseman - horse with dressmaker form illusion
swamp creature
custom house shaped like pumpkin - bat - wolf - monster - candy bar
the devil handing out candy to trick or treaters

roof art! draw a picture with tiles
back pack art! you can REALLY get creative with backpack art

C

Connor_Graham

Does it have to be a whole house or will a single room do? Say, a room that is done with an "evil" theme?

A

Amathist of PoC

i believe it can be a whole house, a single object or a room as long as it is halloween themed.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does it have to be a whole house or will a single room do? Say, a room that is done with an "evil" theme?
From what Feath said before, even a pic of a single design element is OK. You are limited in your screenie submission per the contest rules so it would be hard to get a full themed house in for consideration anyway.

VOTING SITE; http://www.uodeco.com/

email requirements -
in subject title, have your char name and shard: example; feath [europa] deco entry 1
you can submit up to 3 entries, but each must be submitted in it's own email. 1 deco photo entry per email!
always use the same email when emailing me, for better communication.
Any entry entered before sep 1st, or past sep 10th, will be deleted without opening, and not responded to.

Sep 10th midnight, GMT, photo submit deadline.
-Skylark

F

feath

it can be anything!
a small creature. a deco item that goes on a table. a floor. a room. the outside of a house. the house itself.

and by popular demand!

BATS AND WITCHES are now aloud!

T

Teeshy

Nah, as soon as it gets stickied it dies ;)

...is it really just me that hardly never sees sticky threads? =P

Ankanna

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finally got my entries in late last night....whew! I didn't think I was ever gonna get done! I can't wait to see all the other designs. I'll give a shout out to the folks at TLL. I think Kittie posted something about it.

C

Connor_Graham

I sent mine in but I'm not gonna hold my breath knowing who the competition is lol.

F

feath

The deadline has been extended! whoot! You can now submit up until oct 4th!
and witches and bats are aloud!
If you submitted something already (THANK YOU!) you can change the design and resubmit it using the same register number; I'll change it, no problem.

There are 21 days left until new deadline :D

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you at least wait 'till October? jeez.

another thing i hate is stores getting out all the christmas decorations in August.

F

feath

can you at least wait 'till October? jeez.

another thing i hate is stores getting out all the christmas decorations in August.
I haven't posted in days ;)
and if all you want is a 4 day warning... well, you're faster than most people are!

and there was a change in the deadline, which warrants a post. As much as anything else up on these boards, yeah.