• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

High Seas... Siege Style Conversation.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

What sort of changes, fixes or deletions would Siege like to see?

I would like a reboot. Streamline what is there. Keep what works. Fix the rest.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What sort of changes, fixes or deletions would Siege like to see?
Make saltpeter be available on all alchemists so we only have to spend the six hours building up vendor stock to get enough saltpeter to make fuses for a couple afternoons shooting cannons.

Decrease the failure rate on making powder and fuses. We spend hours buying or days mining saltpeter and lose a good third of it due to the 30% failure rate.

Potash to be made as quickly as charcoal.

Reduce the number of steps involved in cannon operation and fuse making.

Improve the variety of loot on merchant ships. Imbuing goods, hundreds of reagents, deco items, etc.

Be able to change ship pilots gear and name as can be done for vendors.

Add many more merchant ships so they can be found faster, sailing Tokuno & Fel oceans for an hour or more and only finding pirates, orcs, and player ships gets old.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make saltpeter be available on all alchemists so we only have to spend the six hours building up vendor stock to get enough saltpeter to make fuses for a couple afternoons shooting cannons.

Decrease the failure rate on making powder and fuses. We spend hours buying or days mining saltpeter and lose a good third of it due to the 30% failure rate.

Improve the variety of loot on merchant ships. Imbuing goods, hundreds of reagents, deco items, etc.

Add many more merchant ships so they can be found faster, sailing Tokuno & Fel oceans for an hour or more and only finding pirates, orcs, and player ships gets old.
Put more Tanivar's on the water, finding them is getting hard too..but I'll find him :pirate:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make saltpeter be available on all alchemists so we only have to spend the six hours building up vendor stock to get enough saltpeter to make fuses for a couple afternoons shooting cannons. Yes

Decrease the failure rate on making powder and fuses. We spend hours buying or days mining saltpeter and lose a good third of it due to the 30% failure rate. NO

Potash to be made as quickly as charcoal. Yes

Reduce the number of steps involved in cannon operation and fuse making. YES

Improve the variety of loot on merchant ships. Imbuing goods, hundreds of reagents, deco items, etc. YES

Be able to change ship pilots gear and name as can be done for vendors. why?

Add many more merchant ships so they can be found faster, sailing Tokuno & Fel oceans for an hour or more and only finding pirates, orcs, and player ships gets old. Scuttle the orc and DP ships and the merch ships start spawning.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add better loot/drops to Charybdis. Most useless boss of all!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll only comment on one of those. You can't change the pilot's gear because a new pilot is generated every time you launch the boat - unless the clothes you dress him in count as 'cluttered deck' and you have to undress him every time you want to dry dock the boat?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll only comment on one of those. You can't change the pilot's gear because a new pilot is generated every time you launch the boat - unless the clothes you dress him in count as 'cluttered deck' and you have to undress him every time you want to dry dock the boat?
I wouldn't mind. I'd like him or her in armor with a name I like. It would be a worthwhile hassle. :)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll make this comment here instead of in the uhall, it will live longer. But I've never played a freeshard, nor do I condone the using of them, but I've heard only good things when it comes to patches and updates and the speed at which things can get done, not to mention the quality. It's a shame that amateur coders can make changes on the fly practically, but an actual staff of developers have to take so damn long to fix things.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'll make this comment here instead of in the uhall, it will live longer. But I've never played a freeshard, nor do I condone the using of them, but I've heard only good things when it comes to patches and updates and the speed at which things can get done, not to mention the quality. It's a shame that amateur coders can make changes on the fly practically, but an actual staff of developers have to take so damn long to fix things.
There's nothing wrong with your comment, not sure why you thought it wouldn't live as long in Uhall... Talking about free shards is fine as long as the name isn't mentioned and it isn't advertising. Your point about free shard developers making things faster than the real developers is completely fine too, and I actually agree with you that there is something wrong when amateurs can do things faster than professionals.

It was here 44 minutes before I saw it btw, so much for the idea of it living longer than in Uhall ;)

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran

If I can finish my skills and there is a want for all this I would be more than happy to make it all. I was doing it for a while on Atlantic but then the market dried up

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reason why I agree with this on Siege and NOT on Prodo is there are 500 always on the Prodo alchemist that go up and down in price based on buying and selling to and from the alchemist. Siege mechanic is apples and oranges in comparison as it starts at 20 and has to be bought up to 999 and since there is no selling to NPC the supply and demand mechanic does not exist on Siege. The trade off is you can stand on prodo and buy a million salt peters at well more than 10x the Siege price and on Siege the price is a fraction but you have to invest many hours in buying the alchemist up to 999 and waiting random amounts of time for the alchemist to restock. The upside is the siege price stays static at the 22 gold per the down side is it is less available and much more time consuming to buy even after it is bought up to 999 there is a random long wait between restocks, the upside is that you are not paying Prodo price of 300+ gold per. So adding Saltpeter to more alchemist on Siege gives more opportunities to buy it up and cut the time involved, where on Prodo it does nothing other than make a trip to the Sea market avoidable. So I actually don't disagree with it on Prodo just don't see the point other than not having to go to the sea market.

The failure rate at 100 is 30% until you put on a alchemy tali or Amulet/tali combo, which can be hard to find on Siege but can be obtained, but they are obtainable easy enough via the heartwood quest or the library turn ins with random alchemy bonuses.... Very frustrating to do the Library and get a 12% on the other hand kind of cool to do the library and get a 28%-30%. The Hygies or however its spelled amulet replica gives a 10% bonus and can sometimes be found and is worth obtaining if you can't get better than 20% tali.

The rest except the clothing and naming the pilot, which I don't care about one way or the other :) is spot on takes way to long making the potash needs to be a one and done like charcoal. The cannons clunky system needs to be whittled down to 1 or two clicks. I like the idea of being able to hire NPC crew members that can work the cannons and fire them on command IE Say Fire which ever side and the NPC crew fires, cleans, charges, reloads (A preset of balls or shot) primes and gives a message ready to fire. And New loot with a chance at some higher end rarer items. Increase the Gold for pirate turn ins to 30k maybe 40k. 10k for the time effort and expense and maybe a white cloth tub in the mix of low end and farmers market stuff just ain't really worth it.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I actually don't disagree with it on Prodo just don't see the point other than not having to go to the sea market.
I was keeping an old style ship at the Siege Sea Market for people to use with the key on my mailbox but lost my ships over the summer due to not refreshing them in time. I'm starting to get back into the game and I'll put a Tokuno ship at the Sea Market and lock a rune to it down on the mailbox. All people will need to bring is a rowboat to reach the dock.

Got to mine some iron, don't even have enough to make cannons.

EDIT: Ship is placed at the Sea Market. LBSS Waypoint [Sea Market]

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was keeping an old style ship at the Siege Sea Market for people to use with the key on my mailbox but lost my ships over the summer due to not refreshing them in time. I'm starting to get back into the game and I'll put a Tokuno ship at the Sea Market and lock a rune to it down on the mailbox. All people will need to bring is a rowboat to reach the dock.

Got to mine some iron, don't even have enough to make cannons.
I appreciate your effort but absolutely hate this. Having no recall is fine, but circumventing that doesn't make it right. Either make it so the absolutely only way to get there is to sail a ship from land, or put the damn sea market on the crystal portals. As for making Siege alchy work like Prodo. I have no problems with that. At least then miners on Siege can earn good wages keeping the prices down that myself and others, who don't want to mine, raise by buying it in large quantities.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appreciate your effort but absolutely hate this. Having no recall is fine, but circumventing that doesn't make it right. Either make it so the absolutely only way to get there is to sail a ship from land, or put the damn sea market on the crystal portals.
It saves a major hassle. HS has way to many of them as it is.

The ship is placed at Sea Market.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two shop things I would like to see work on Siege as they do on prodo are the Saltpeter at the alchemist and the gem shops and be able for players to sell as well as buy from them. While the 300+ cost of saltpeter on prodo is stupid high IMO it is the players that bought it up that higher, in the other thread complaining about miners being able to make millions selling to the alchemist makes no sense because us selling to the shops actually lower the buy price, and over a few days it gets bought up to high priced again. The Gems shops have the same set up 500 in stock and insta restocked with the price going up every 1000 bought and going down every 1000 sold I know there is a minimum bottom on gems and saltpeter both can't remember what gems base buy/sell prices were, but salt peter was was very low initially . Say Garth goes in and buys 60,000 the price would rise from 22 to 82 per The sell price would be something 58. So a miner brings in 5,000 and sells them and the price drops from 82 to 77 per just guessing I could see Siege supply and demand leveling out somewhere around 150-180 buy price and the sell price being in the 75-100 range. So you mine 60k and sell for 75 you pocket 4.5mil the buyer gets to buy at a fair price without spending a day buying it and the supply and demand works. The Bazzar comod brokers are a joke, and trying to meet in game often takes and act of God but shop selling in and buying gems and saltpeter would save the buyer a lot of time and the miner/gem farmer could cash in for their gold right then without hassle or running around trying to find a comd broker that is actually buying and paying a fair price. BTW on the gems they should be set to their 1/3 prodo price and let supply and demand determine where the real price is.