• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

High loot table?

C

Cazzador

Besides The Boses what other Npc have a high loot table? Anyone have any opinions thank you.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Big strong creatures? Daemons, dragons, ogre lords, lich lords, you know, big strong creatures lower in the dungeons. Despite the out-dated stratics info, they still have a good amount info on creatures.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides The Boses what other Npc have a high loot table? Anyone have any opinions thank you.
Blood ele, White wyrm, are easy to kill, and have pretty good loot tables.

Then of course you have your mini bosses, which are your best bet. Swoops and miasmas and the like.

R

Radun

demons dragons ogrelords blood eles etc don't have anywhere near the same potential for good items as bosses such as peerless and darkfathers

I'm not certain but i think swoops miasma etc are closer to the potential of bosses magic-equipment-wise, if not the same.... but they don't have the chance of dropping the rare armor-set pieces.

C

Coppelia

lol ogre lords... someone didn't kill any ogre lord since 1998 or w/e...

H

Harb

As someone posted above, try the mini-bosses/ named creatures. There's a broad variance among them, but aside from bosses themselves, these are your best bets. The older anti-virtue creatures, through the once famous balron and ancient wyrm, aren't even close to on par with the minis.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
miasma is imo your best bet. Piece of cake for a mage or tamer. Dexxer with scorp slayer works well to. 2000-2500 gold and lots of items.

A

A Wandering Soul

Perhaps I just did't get it... but what monsters/bosses will drop set items. I've been playing a long time and killed almost every monster I could find and still haven't gotten any...

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Named ML monsters, peerless, and doom bosses drop set gear. It doesn't look special, so it's easy to miss. Unfortunately it's rubbish, practically speaking... Only valuable because it's extremely rare.

The only "standard" monster I know of that drops even half decent loot is the Yamandon. Even Ancient Wyrms and Balrons, in my opinion, mainly drop rubbish - If I kill anything weaker I don't even bother to check the item properties.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Named ML monsters, peerless, and doom bosses drop set gear. It doesn't look special, so it's easy to miss. Unfortunately it's rubbish, practically speaking... Only valuable because it's extremely rare.

The only "standard" monster I know of that drops even half decent loot is the Yamandon. Even Ancient Wyrms and Balrons, in my opinion, mainly drop rubbish - If I kill anything weaker I don't even bother to check the item properties.
Wow, Balrons don't drop as good loot anymore? That ain't right, they should drop good stuff.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the loot thing is another system that is broken imho. bring a char to doom, and let it search the remains of the df. best way of "looting"; you will not even consider fighting an ancient wyrm...

E

Eslake

Perhaps I just did't get it... but what monsters/bosses will drop set items. I've been playing a long time and killed almost every monster I could find and still haven't gotten any...
Everything ML that has a name. :)

But they don't look any different from normal items, so you have to check the name of every armor piece on each kill to find them. Plate, Studded, Leaf, check them all for a name.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, Balrons don't drop as good loot anymore? That ain't right, they should drop good stuff.
Now that I think about it, it's all a matter of perspective. Remember when you were new, and grabbed every bit of junk a monster dropped? Then you realised it was all worthless, threw it all out, and started hoarding a better class of loot. As you got stronger, this process continued until eventually there was no monster that dropped gear worth equipping your characters with.

To me Balrons are an easy kill. Paragon Balrons aren't so much a challenge of skill as they are a test of patience. Someone who considers them hard might have a different view as to the value of the stuff they drop, but I've killed loads so you wouldn't expect me to be finding anything I want off them. I've already had access to everything in their loot range.

However it is a bit odd that certain very-easy-to-kill ML monsters drop loot with much higher intensities. Not that I care mind you, 'cause I've looted all those monsters to death as well. At this stage, I might (very seldom) find a "good" item on a peerless or dark father, but the odds of finding some gear I'd actually have my main character equip, even enhanced, are far from favourable.

The only reasons I hunt at all are Sacrifice, Honor, martis perhaps and skill points mostly. The gold is just a bonus, and any other items I take home will eventually be given to the poor newbies wandering New Haven.

C

Connor_Graham

If I kill anything weaker I don't even bother to check the item properties.
Then you're probably missing out. I got this ring from a skeleton in the Brit graveyard when I first started playing UO:

Chiv+12
Int +5
HCI 10
DCI 15
Poison 5

I've also gotten numerous 3/1 rings from weak creatures, not to mention quite a few other nice items. Every creature has the chance to drop something good, but if you're not looking for them, you'll never see them.

C

Corrupted Goblin

Connor is right, All monsters still give the ability to drop decent loot. Your mini bosses give a lot more loot to look through every time you kill something but all in all you can still farm ballys wyrms and other high end creatures for loot. I have always found Lich Lords drop the best jewelery.

S

Sir Kenga

Maybe ancient liches too, but i guess ML bosses still better.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Connor is right, All monsters still give the ability to drop decent loot. Your mini bosses give a lot more loot to look through every time you kill something but all in all you can still farm ballys wyrms and other high end creatures for loot. I have always found Lich Lords drop the best jewelery.
I have gotten several 1/3 jewelry pieces from the lowly Wyvern.

I loot everything I can...I have hungry vendors to feed, and some great stuff comes from some pretty lowly creatures, indeed!

Hey! That Rhymed!!

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best Loot:
1) Peerless/Dark Father
2) DOOM Bosses/Champ Bosses
3) Mini-Bosses
4) Balrons, Ancient Wyrms, Greater Dragons
5) Dragons/WW's, Ancient Liches
6) Daemons, Ogre Lords, and all derivitives
7) Lots of other stuff

S

Sheridan

I prefer Miasma and Swoop with my high luck suit (close to 2000 luck when I use the 10th Anniversary statue)... I've gotten lots of decent high-end equipment from them, more than enough to keep my crafter busy trying to enhance it all. I even got a nice 1/3 ring with +11 Magery and some LRC on it from an Orc Brute yesterday. I know not many people see much of a difference in loot with high luck, but for me it runs in spurts.