• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

High End Bard Fun

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello people,

Since getting my bard to legendary music disco and prov i've been running around looking for fun and profitable things to do with him.

Most recently I decided to take him to the swamp area of the twisted weald to see how he would fayre.

For the journey I equiped my high resist (all above 65), high lmc/mr, fully LRC suit. This suit doesn't have much in the way of luck, but I felt that for my first attempt i would stick with the suit that would keep me safest.

Began by embracing honour and making my way directly to lady sabrix/lisleth. Spent some time with those guys and found it very easy to provo them onto each other and when only one was available, killed with evs and disco very fast.

Interestingly, Irk eventually showed up and I managed to kill her by provoking the spiders onto her and using discordance. This told me that collecting all dread horn keys as a solo bard is not only possible, but extremely effective! An unexpected but pleasant surprise.

Then I had an interesting idea. The other two named spiders of the weald, malefic and virulent are normally an unplesant surprise for those who wander over the pond nearest the entrance to the weald. These two spiders are uber tough, much more so than lisleth and sabrix. I wondered, would provoking them onto each other be possible? I gave this a try and found out it was! Be aware though, it is much tougher to provoke these guys than it is to do sabrix and lisleth. That being said, the loot is much better.

You get around 4k gold on each of these spiders and due to their higher difficulty, I believe the item intensities are better also. Another benefit of farming these spiders is that you trigger the spawn yourself. Once you have dealt with and looted your kills, cast evs and run over the pond with an invis ready and start again. Rinse and repeat.

I haven't tried this with high luck..YET. But i think this could be a very useful little area to farm items. Its just a case of setting the weald up and keeping the nasties out of the way while you work your magic.

Anyone else feel like sharing their tips on high end PvM for characters of the Bardic persausion?

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

get a golem or earth els or a demon, or if your a tamer, a tank, and let it take the heat off you from the bigger mosnters (150 and higher), while you try to provoke

the only thing stronger than a tamer with a greater dragon, is a bard with 2 greaters dragons =p

i always wanted to run a hearding bard, and use peacemaking and hearding to be a (tamer) with no controll slot limit

its hard on siege, but on other servers, you ahve more than one character, which means you can release dragons wyrms, beetles, w/e in the desired location, then go with your bard.

unicorns are a good choice because you dont even have to peace them (unless you dont want them running off kill anyhting that moves)

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody else feel like sharing their nice hunting spots? :p

I solo'd the dark father last night which was a rush, took about 45 minutes and I got 1 absoultely insane ring and a nice pvp reapeating xbow :D

C

cheerful

Well, as you mention the peerless keys they can all be collected using provo apart from the crystal daemons who are tone deaf, not immune to EV's tho.
Not for the loot but if you want a challenge try out collecting a set for Shim at Prisum, sure keeps you on your toes and hones your survival techniques. I've only got provo so I imagine it would be easier with disco.

The invasions can be fun, in Moonglow you got the etheral warriors that take down generals faster than GD's and in Magincia if you get a few corrupted souls onto a general eventually theirs mates join in and the general drops in no time, loot his body for threads afterwards.

good luck

A

Astryl

I enjoy my bard:

120 music
120 provo
120 stealth (with items)
120 stealing (with items)
110 ninja (with items)
100 herding
100 hiding

Your targets should be high-end herdables directly or as meatshields for this template.

In Twisted Weald you can herd the pack of Cu's to the key drop area, then you have a nice supply of provo meat for Irk and the others. I wear HPR on suit and hop to dog/cat form for healing. If the Cu's manage to stay alive for a good while, their skills get even better. Fun. You could pull some Cu's from an abandoned champ spawn up front if those are around as well.

Destard is a mainstay. I prefer Fel for the extra bonuses of working near the entrance and welcoming folks with my friends. Thin your herd by pulling out the Greaters into a corner and provo them contently. You have a lot of herd-targets in Destard to ensure you have nice grinders where you need them so you can get your work done (entrance, serpent hallway). Serpents, Drakes, Dragons and even the lava lizards in the CS area work well to use for you're pleasure.

Hang around fel Champ Spawns. Usually there are really nice pockets of herdable spawn, and the occasional provo in the mix onto the champ is good fun (dragons on rikki). In my case, I also use stealing for nabbing those nifty new potions/balms as well as a random peep steal at the end. Ya never know what you find lol. :lick: Good clean fun.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, as you mention the peerless keys they can all be collected using provo apart from the crystal daemons who are tone deaf, not immune to EV's tho.
Not for the loot but if you want a challenge try out collecting a set for Shim at Prisum, sure keeps you on your toes and hones your survival techniques. I've only got provo so I imagine it would be easier with disco.

The invasions can be fun, in Moonglow you got the etheral warriors that take down generals faster than GD's and in Magincia if you get a few corrupted souls onto a general eventually theirs mates join in and the general drops in no time, loot his body for threads afterwards.

good luck
Yeah the event is great for my pure bard. I was in Britain yesterday when nobody else was around disco'ing and provoking generals on to an ancient wyrmm. Its quite impressive how quickly the Wyrmm takes care of generals. Rapidly hammering out 200 hp physical strikes as well as magic damage on top.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoy my bard:

120 music
120 provo
120 stealth (with items)
120 stealing (with items)
110 ninja (with items)
100 herding
100 hiding

Your targets should be high-end herdables directly or as meatshields for this template.

In Twisted Weald you can herd the pack of Cu's to the key drop area, then you have a nice supply of provo meat for Irk and the others. I wear HPR on suit and hop to dog/cat form for healing. If the Cu's manage to stay alive for a good while, their skills get even better. Fun. You could pull some Cu's from an abandoned champ spawn up front if those are around as well.

Destard is a mainstay. I prefer Fel for the extra bonuses of working near the entrance and welcoming folks with my friends. Thin your herd by pulling out the Greaters into a corner and provo them contently. You have a lot of herd-targets in Destard to ensure you have nice grinders where you need them so you can get your work done (entrance, serpent hallway). Serpents, Drakes, Dragons and even the lava lizards in the CS area work well to use for you're pleasure.

Hang around fel Champ Spawns. Usually there are really nice pockets of herdable spawn, and the occasional provo in the mix onto the champ is good fun (dragons on rikki). In my case, I also use stealing for nabbing those nifty new potions/balms as well as a random peep steal at the end. Ya never know what you find lol. :lick: Good clean fun.
Herding :)

That looks like a really fun template you've got there!

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody else feel like sharing their nice hunting spots? :p

I solo'd the dark father last night which was a rush, took about 45 minutes and I got 1 absoultely insane ring and a nice pvp reapeating xbow :D

I thought I might suggest hunting high end creatures to you. This is just one of the places I've hunted. Now I hunt peerless and champs only. My usual day consists of soloing travesty and other peerless bosses, doom and champ spawns. I hope this picture encourages you to continue your hunt for greatness

B

Bara

That is awesome!

Mind sharing your template?

I'm guessing: Music, provo, disco, necromancy, spiritspeak, spellweave, mage?

@Astryl. That template of yours sounds wicked fun.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mostly what I run today is:
120 Animal Taming/Lore, Spellweaving, Magery, Music, Discordance. (solo travesty in under 20 minutes with this setup)

I also switch out Peace/Provoke/Meditation as needed.

For the Bally picture it was Meditation, Provoke, Disco, Music, Mage, Spellweave. For the Ancient, drop Provoke for Peace.

S

Seismic

How do you solo Travesty with disco? Doesn't she use that against you or do you stand far enough back because of your pet??

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what kinda pet do you use? A GD?
As much as I'd love to solo travesty with a greater chicken, since this is a pg-13 game, i can't take my (bawk-bawk chicken) out to play with in front of children, so I must resign to using the greater dragon, it's ok to play with your lizard out in front of the kiddies...

T

Turdnugget

Mistura, care to share the mods on this insane ring and other item? =)

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As much as I'd love to solo travesty with a greater chicken, since this is a pg-13 game, i can't take my (bawk-bawk chicken) out to play with in front of children, so I must resign to using the greater dragon, it's ok to play with your lizard out in front of the kiddies...
So your solo'ing travesty with a Disco Tamer? hmmmmmmmmmm ;)

Please share some more info regarding this because you have been exceedingly vague up until now.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mistura, care to share the mods on this insane ring and other item? =)
Can't remember as i'm at work, will have a look and satisfy your curiosity when I get home :)

Its a tank mage ring with hci, lrc, ep, sdi and intel bonus from memory - all high intensity

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curious, those red monsters that come out almost to the end of travestry's death, can they be provoked onto travestry? I've never taken my bard over there yet, wondering if there's a use of my provoc in there. Coz it sure is a pain to finish trav at the end with just my bf n I. :S

B

Beefcake101

well if you guys do travisty i want to come watch. I never seen it and on PAC i can never find anyone to go. i even got the keys beofre but no one to go fight travisty. I will make a ghost on any shard. I just want to see how to fight it or hell want to see it and not a picture of it. Same with prism of light. I got the keys and was going to try the boss solo but i messed up on placing the keys and lost them.