• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hi

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Is there a way to make it so you actually HAVE to do the quests in order to get the rewards?
This is the second time in a row people have just gated others in to reap the benefits of a few that actually complete the entire quest chains.
All of this instant gratification just makes it pointless. You might as well just hand out the rewards at Luna bank.

K thanks :)

EM Kasaven

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is also one of my big gripes about these types of events, so I understand your concern.

I enjoy the idea that everyone has a chance to get an item, so that is definitely a positive when it comes to quests and rewards being given in this manner. Unfortunately, there is no way within our game mechanics to prevent someone from simply telling another where the end to the quest lay. At the moment no-cast areas are disabled, but even preventing gating would not stop someone from simply gating their friends to the entrance location and giving them the password.

With the good comes the bad, and you will see that with an event where everyone is able to receive an event item. I hope for most that the event experience was more entertaining than simply clicking a statue and having an item placed in your backpack. Those who did the latter missed out on the event itself, to their own loss.

That said, the majority of event items will not be distributed in this manner, for a variety of reasons, the topic of discussion here being one of them. That does not mean they will not happen.

Any and all feedback is appreciated, thank you.

Kasaven