• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey, UO Team: The recent Faction/alliance issue.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, let me restate how much I appreciate the Publish from earlier this week that fixed some issues in recent major Publish.

I can't recall if there was already a thread on this issue or not....Sorry if there was.

I call your attention to the following thread on the Factions boards:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=9925

As I recall....In the last major Publish you made it so that a currently allied guild couldn't join a Faction. They would have to leave their Alliance first, then join Factions, then join an alliance.

In other words, a Faction guild could join a non-Faction alliance. But an allied guild couldn't join Factions. Currently allied guilds, like mine, were to be unaffected.

I recall D. saying specifically that the intent was not to make it so that Faction guilds could no longer be in alliances at all.

This does not appear to have worked as intended, however. Because currently , a Faction guild cannot join an alliance. Guilds already in alliances are unaffected. For that I thank you, but it's not a fair situation.

I don't believe it was your intent to make Faction guilds non-alliable. First of all, because you said it wasn't your intent. Secondly, because it's actually a pretty nifty thing that Faction guilds can be allied; it gives us a greater opportunity to be part of life on the shard, as opposed to being a self-selected, set-apart group.

Anyway....I'd argue this is an issue of at least moderate importance; would be cool if you could get to it relatively soon.

tyvm.

-Galen's player