• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey Tanls!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bastok Rank 10
Sandy Rank 10
Windy Rank 7 and Climbing
got a question! Did you start working the other nations before or after the update? As in.. are you able to outpost to Ronfaure since you switched nations? And one more.. Are you able to go back to Bastok once you're done with Windurst?

T

tanls

Hey Trish!!!

Started doing them after the update so that I wouldn't lose the OPs that I already had. Once you switch nations, you have to do supply runs again to have the OPs in your new nation. What the update allowed is the ability to keep the outposts you had in your old nation, so since I started in Basty and got all the OPs, when I switch back to Basty (which I will as soon as I'm done with Windy) I'll still have all my OPs. From my understanding, before the update, when you switched, you lost all your OPs. You can switch to any nation that you want, it just cost you gil. The costs to switch is 40k to change to the nation in first, 12k for second, and 4k for 3rd.

There are several reasons for doing all 3 nations missions. First, you get to see the full storyline from all prospectives. After doing all 3 nations, you'll make about 1mil gil. Finally, you get the flag which gives you 150% of the normal CP points you would get while exping.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, of course they did it that way. I was really hoping for a faster way to Windy ;) That's great information though, thank you very much! I still may do it, since I do love the storyline. I'm less likely to without hubby, who doesn't want to. I was hoping I could use this to talk him into it, but nope, that's not going to happen.

Now, just to satisfy my curiousity.. there are only two spots you can place flags in your mog house. Can you place more than one, and if so does it increase your CPs any more? Or make it easier to get the moghancement?

T

tanls

Tell him he can make some gil if he changes nations. Plus it's easier the second and third time around. You don't have to climb the tower again, if you kept your key you just go straight to the basement. Also, the magicite quest is easy too. Just run straight to the magicite points without having to run to get all the key items because you already have them. Lastly, you can solo Shadowlord. I solo'd him as a 72 PLD/RDM. It took near 30 mins because when he does his invincible, the only damage was from my enfire. But he went down fairly easy for all that.

If I remember correctly, there's 4 spots on the wall where you can put up stuff. 2 on each side of the room. I might be wrong. Hopefully, I'll find out tonight. I hit rank 9 last night. As far as the moghancements are concerned, I'm not sure which enhancements they have. I think they are different, so they'd eventually cancel each other out. As far as the bonus is concerned, you only get the bonus from the nation you belong to at that time and doesn't increase your CP any more as far as I know.

A lot of the missions stuff you might be able to solo, depending on your jobs, but it does make it much easier if you have a couple ppl to help you. Basically, you can Trio all of them with 75 Jobs, except maybe 5-1 Skele fight because it is level capped. Unless you can go with 3 SMNs. SMNs pwn that fight. When I did it this last time, we did it with 4. SMN, WHM, WAR, NIN I think the set up was. Blade penalty was negated by Banish and SMN did most of the damage, while the WAR pulled the adds close and the NIN tanked.

Even the BCNM fights can be trio'd as long as you have a sleeper. Either BLM, RDM or BRD for Sleepga. Heck, if done right, they can be solo'd.

T

tanls

Hey Trish!! Finally finished rank missions late last night. There are 5 wall spaces that you can put stuff on. I now have all 3 rank flags, a piece of art, and a certificate. 7 of us in all finished Windy last night and 5 of us finished all 3 nations.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats to you! I'm still not sure I'll ever do it, but this has been great information. Now the question.. which will you stick with as your home nation, now that you're done?

T

tanls

I switched back to Bastok last night after I finished. Bastok is my original, and I'm used to the layout of the city. Plus I have all my OP warps too, including West Ron and West Saru. Also, Basty was in last place last night before the new conquest so it only cost me 4k to switch back. I haven't been on today yet to see what Conquest looks like. I also have the most CP points in Basty. I'm also Basty as far as Campaign is concerned, which makes being Retraced a much faster proposition too. I hate traveling around and try to minimize travel times as much as possible. With the combination of Tele, OP warps and Wildcat warps, I can get to most places very quickly. Plus, Olduum ring, Tav ring and sky warps I can get to all the end game and expansion areas very quickly too. The only out zone that takes awhile still is Norg. Maybe they'll get a Norg ring or something.