• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey, I want my Game-Code!

N

Nenime

I just purchased a three-months-game-code from the offical UO Game Code Store page - well, I thought I did.
Like always, I paid through CC. I never had a problem with that procedure before. But today, I received the normal (canned) answer including "Your code has been applied to your account." but it hasn't. :confused:

[email protected] doesn't accept email requests (!). So to whom should I address? Please help, my remaining game time is running out in a few days.

N

Nenime

Just for the record and to look up for anyone who encounters the same problem:

Go to http://support.uo.com/ . Maybe you will have to open up an EA account there first but this goes very easy and fast. Then click EMAIL US on the left side. They had some queries like:
- Your Account Name:
- Last 8 digits of credit card Listed on the Account:
- Your Email Address used to purchase the codes:
- Last 8 digits of credit card used to pay for the codes:
- Name as listed on the Credit Card

After sending this, they immediately set the code to my account. :)

Generally my experience with EA customer service wasn't that good in the past but this time... excellent! :thumbup: (Many thanks, D.)

K

kokopelli

Aye, I finally received a code for my missing 90 days, too; had to apply it to the account myself though.

Still, it took them a whole week to figure things out... and in the meantime the old gtc ran out and I had to buy another one from a broker to keep the account going.
And no information why/what went wrong and if that may happen again.
Not really what I would call excellent service...

S

Spada

Hello guys,
Account Support is aware of the issue and working to get it fixed as quickly as possible, maybe a day tops.

Sorry
-Spada

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now my friend finally got feedback from EA support. They told him, his account does not exist and there was no transaction with his credit card number.

He can still log on to ultima-registration.com with his account and his visa account says also the opposite.

This turns out the be a farce. Can't be that he wasted $39, just because EA doesn't seem to get it right.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
tell him to try again, calling EA if possible, instead of through the web page (of course, this isn't all that viable for overseas purchasers due to phone costs, unless you got an international calling plan).

Also make sure he bought it from the uogamecodes.com site, and not a sound-alike - and that the transaction went through on his card from EA, not someone else.

If you can't get through via phone, try again to go through the support side, and try your account name both as-is (remember, it IS case sensitive), and with "uo_" infront of it.

If all else fails, try to contact Spada directly (perhaps by posting a post starting "attn: Spada_EA") on U.Hall, and seeing if Spada will contact you privately to investigate the issue.

Note this wisdom of the computer age...

"Those who can, create & support software; those who can't, work first tier customer support (and typically aren't too good at making escalation decisions for sending issues up the pipeline to those who can figure out the issue)"

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After 7 days the gametime code was finally applied to his account. Fortunatly he's all excited playing the game, that he completely forgot all the trouble he had with the customer support :)

I

ivanbbq

I bought a 180 days game time from japan UO store at early Feb.
I paid and not received the code.
I seek for support from EA, only 1 response almost once a week!!
and all of them are bull ****!! upfront I already told them what my problem is -- "a 180 game time and promotion gift during valentine's day"

what would you expect they do for me?
after 3 weeks and dozens of e-mails, they gave me a 90 days game time!!
do they read my enquiry!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
and up to now, i still haven't get the promotion gift!!
It's been more than 50 days since my purchase already!!