• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey Devs! Since You're Going To Have Your Hands In It Anwyay.....

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Connor_Graham

How's about adding a "type" tag to mined granite and the Bod reward Anvils?

It gets old having to find someone to come look at the granite I just mined or the Anvil I just got as a Bod reward to tell me what freaking color it is because you decided to use PINK & GREEN as ore colors.

Remember that 40% (actual statistic, not made up :lick:) of your male player population are color blind, with Red and Green (and all shades of both) being the dominant colors that we have problems with.

Imagine, you could even use this as a marketing ploy. UO- The only Color Blind Friendly MMORPG!

If nothing else have a heart and do it so us "color challenged" players don't have to bug everyone and their mother to come by every time we go out and mine or fill Bods to tell us what color stuff is. I mean, just getting dressed in the morning can be an adventure at times. We don't need any more stress while playing UO. :D

*makes mental note to contact Garanimals about starting an adult clothing line...*

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a good idea Connor.
I wonder how hard that would be to add a tag with the ore/granites type on it?

C

Connor_Graham

That's a good idea Connor.
I wonder how hard that would be to add a tag with the ore/granites type on it?
Since the ores already have the tag, I wouldn't imagine it would be all that difficult to add the same one to granites and anvils.

woody

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was my understanding that this is why granite was not make stackable before it did not have different tags for each color. I am going to make a fool of myself and say if they make it stackable it will have a seperate tag each color.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good call on the Anvils. I can never figure out the Agapite, bronze, copper, or DC ones. They all look about the same to me and I'm not color blind.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While not colorblind myself, I would also like to see a color tag on granite. I often have trouble telling regular from dull copper. I gets very frustrating when I have 10 pieces in my pack and it looks like all the same color, but when I go to make a table it says I only have 7 pieces of the color I want.

Also, while we're on the subject, can we get a setting on our picks & shovels that allow us to mine ONLY granite. I don't always need ore, sometimes I just drop the piles on the ground and only take the granite.

C

Connor_Graham

While not colorblind myself, I would also like to see a color tag on granite. I often have trouble telling regular from dull copper. I gets very frustrating when I have 10 pieces in my pack and it looks like all the same color, but when I go to make a table it says I only have 7 pieces of the color I want.

Also, while we're on the subject, can we get a setting on our picks & shovels that allow us to mine ONLY granite. I don't always need ore, sometimes I just drop the piles on the ground and only take the granite.
I think everyone has the problem with DC and regular granite.

That's a good suggestion about the mining tools. It would save some time I would think.

C

Connor_Graham

Jeremy, is there any chance of getting this request passed on down the line?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was my understanding that this is why granite was not make stackable before it did not have different tags for each color.
This is not the case. For example cloth of different colors will not stack.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Granite didn't stack because the guys in charge (Sunsowrd then, wasn't it?) wanted to balance use and hoarding of ingredients. They watned to limit what players could hold to make stuff more valuable. Sadly it really didn't even work then.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Granite didn't stack because the guys in charge (Sunsowrd then, wasn't it?) wanted to balance use and hoarding of ingredients. They watned to limit what players could hold to make stuff more valuable. Sadly it really didn't even work then.
Actually you bring up a good point.
Stacking is good.
Piles of 60k is silly.

Maybe piles of 1000 or something. Balance is important. Solution doesnt have to be NO STACK or endless stacking.

M

MYUO

It's a good suggestion - I'll pass it along.
Jeremy, please also pass it along to the designers to put a tag to identify the colors of those rusty pigments of Tokuno, the holiday bells and statues, the aos clothing and roses, plus anything that share the similar shade and hue?

I dont know what others think, but for me, I have been frustrated not being able to tell the difference between items becuase of the minor differences in their shades/hues.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jeremy, please also pass it along to the designers to put a tag to identify the colors of those rusty pigments of Tokuno, the holiday bells and statues, the aos clothing and roses, plus anything that share the similar shade and hue?

I dont know what others think, but for me, I have been frustrated not being able to tell the difference between items becuase of the minor differences in their shades/hues.
Hear hear!!!

If I have to blow one more bloody item up to look the RGB value of a pixel just to see if it's a different color from the one sitting next to it, I might just have an aneurysm.