• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Here's a great idea....

N

Nystle

....how about making the greater dragons even remotely more absurd???
/sarcasm

1 hit kills, they teleport to you every 5 seconds... I mean honestly how lame.
Sure a dragon should be tough to kill and I'm for making them difficult but lets have some realistic expectations... these Greater Dragons are what ancient wyrms should be NOT dragons...

I

imported_kinney42

WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
It's a giant dragon! RUN AWAY!
You SHOULDN'T be able to kill them!

I

imported_Sarphus

The dragons have to be very hard for some to be even remotely challenging for others. It's a harsh reality.

G

I've been able to kill them with my archer. I hit, I run, I heal and I go hit again (repeat a whole LOT of times). Killed 5 this morning and only died once. Same technique would work on a dexxor. Mages on the other hand.....

My tamer with his trained Greater has no problems takng them out.

G

Here's another idea...

You don't have to fight greater dragons if you don't want to. You can always hunt elsewhere or just kill normal dragons...

Wenchy

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

....how about making the greater dragons even remotely more absurd???
/sarcasm

1 hit kills, they teleport to you every 5 seconds... I mean honestly how lame.
Sure a dragon should be tough to kill and I'm for making them difficult but lets have some realistic expectations... these Greater Dragons are what ancient wyrms should be NOT dragons...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I solo them on my Dexxer.....

Harder yes. Impossible..... not at all. If they're 1 hit killing you, then you simply don't have enough hit points. Greater Strength pot + Ecru Citrine ring = No more 1 hit kills.....

I

imported_Eolix

<blockquote><hr>

... these Greater Dragons are what ancient wyrms should be NOT dragons...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloody Hell! They're DRAGONS! It's about time they made Destard someplace that people hesitate a little before running inside to casually scavenge leather. I do agree with some that a little less predictable AI would do wonders but this is a good start to bringing respectability back to the fair art of dungeon crawling...

If I remember right, Ancient Wyrms got their claws sharpened too.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It used to take a dexer a long time of lousting and running away and heal to kill the "regular dragons" when I started UO, and for mages they have to trap or running around the dragons and let it dump out all its mana, and check the dragons's mana level with eval skill, when the mana reaches below 10% then the mage can finally use EV or many blade spirit to kill it.

Then people get used to easy mode and thinking three hit killing them with a boardsword is normal. They changed it so people might again experiencing the slightest difficulty kill them they whine.

Dragon should be dangerous, and shouldnt be killed in just a few swings from a warrior/mage or a few bites from a stupid dog(Cu).