• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Resist Spells] Help with Template

J

Jermosh

My Template is as following:
120 Mage*
110 EI
120 Med*
100 Script
100 Spellweave
100 Focus*
120 Resist planned
*=Item bonus.

So I have been tinkering around with resist and decided to add it since its not a hard skill to gain with the KR client. I always have Reactive Armour and Magic Reflection up and Protection, with my gear and GM Inscription I have full resists with 65 in physical. I added resist so I would stop getting hit with debuff spells and para, it works great with Prot down, but I get interrupted quite a bit now. But with Prot up I get a -30 resist penalty and it basically nulls the use of having resist in the 1st place.

I might be able to switch some gear and get me up to 105 resist, is 105 resist worth it? Or is there a better way to stop getting interupted all the time?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aegis of Grace has DCI and Resist Spells on it.

A

Arch Magus

Run withOUT protection.
Get 2/6 casting. Keep resist spells.
Drop Focus and get Wrassl'in to 120. drop Med to 100 if you need to.

:D

A

Arch Magus

Also, I think Aegis of Grace is not mage armor, rendering it useless on a mage.

A

Arch Magus

I might be able to switch some gear and get me up to 105 resist, is 105 resist worth it? Or is there a better way to stop getting interupted all the time?
Resist 105 is fine for PVM.
Don't stand and let caster mobs dump on you. Run around corners, Invis, and get them off you with EV's and stuff.

J

Jermosh

Run withOUT protection.
Get 2/6 casting. Keep resist spells.
Drop Focus and get Wrassl'in to 120. drop Med to 100 if you need to.

:D
I went with 100 Anatomy to give me 120 wrestling offense. I am liking it actually, although I am still finding I need to cast Prot when with a lot of spell-casters like Gargoyles in Hyth, but taking it off when soloing Balrons is working fine.

I just wish Spellweaving would be more useful in the offense side, and its really hard to get a circle going. But I like the defensive spells, and Allure is quite useful for certain types of hunting, I can get a OL and an EV at the same time. If I could get a titan to not attempt Melee then that would be another good combo.

Thanks for the tips everyone, more if you have them.