• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with Medusa

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i still havent soloed medusa on my sampire, ive stuck mostly to Dreadhorn.

I wondering what elemental resistance is lowest on her, so i can make a weapon with that type of damage. Also wondering what type of weapon i should make, does she hit hard enough that i would need a dashio? or would an ornate axe be fine? Im pretty much assuming it should be repond slayer too, but want to make sure it wouldnt be exceeding the damage cap.

Also if anyone knows of somewhere that lists the Abyss and High seas monsters stats it would be great, it looks like stratics is a bit lacking in this area.

Thanks all

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm looks like the stratics page is broken, ill check it later i guess.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Don't have Hit Spell on your weapon or RPD on your suit, both increase the amount of Gorgon Lenses used, as does having Despair/Tribulation runing. The best option would be the heaviest hitter (regardless of DPS) which is the Heavy Crossbow, you could critical for 291, which is better than the Ornate even with LJ that can only reach 255.

I wouldn't bother with a weapon for her weakest resist, its usually phys anyway, even when it isn't you can just Consecrate, the difference is very minimal as her resists are all very close.

She is Repond.

I did a few yesterday or day before, first ones since they added Magery, and it was basically the same aside from having to Remove Curse every so often. (As I was using an Ornate Axe.)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks that helps alot. Its a pain getting those eggs (even on my mage or stealther) so didnt want to go in not really knowing how to solo, but sounds pretty easy.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Be sure to remove your Conjurer's Trinket, break out the old Primer on Arms talisman.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does the undead negatively affect the fight? and is this for all reponds?

S

shulginist

How does the undead negatively affect the fight? and is this for all reponds?
Undead slayer the opposite slayer of Repond so unless you want to take more damage swap it out.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When using any Super Slayer (be it weapon, book or talisman) you take double damage from the opposite slayer group.

Having an Undead Slayer equipped causes you to take double damage from all Repond types and having a Repond Slayer equipped causes you to take double damage from all Undead types.

Ioan Septim

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Can anyone tell what is Medusa weakest resist? Some people say phys, other energy, uoguide says fire, stratics says... well, do i need 100% elemental weapon for her?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I solo her all the time....honor her, EoO then loop AI with my repond blade staff.

When she is down about 50% I break off switch to reptile double axe and go kill all the spawn.

Then I come back EoO again and finish her off. With Gorgon lenses she is actually easier alone then with a group.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It may be that any given Medusa can spawn with a slightly different lowest resist.

For instance any monster that all resists can be between say 40 and 50, the likelihood that any two consecutive versions of it will have the same lowest resist is only 1 in 25.

@TimberWolf Obviously he's asking because he wants to use double axes with DS and the proper elemental damage for Onslaught, not bladed staffs with AIs.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tuan, I dont know I just reread his original post and hardly think "he was obviously wanting double axes". He did mention ornate axes....which I have considered revisiting myself.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
True, it might not be double axes... it is obvious that he wants to DS and not AI though.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
There's no real difference in terms of ease of fight as the lense use is triggered as a counter attack. Using Double Strike ends the fight quicker which only means her shooting you with arrows less (which is fairly irrelevant if you assume you're not dying no matter how long the fight takes), but you're only finishing quicker because you're hitting twice each time which can be two counter attacks == lenses used. Unless there's some sort of mechanism preventing her from doing so, which I can't say I've seen. I've used Discord, Corpse, Double Strike with Despair and Tribulation running and although you're doing 3x the damage at the end of the fight you'll have still used about the same amount of lenses as if you used an Ornate and went afk.