• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with Laptop

S

Steveo

I hope you can help me out on this one. Speaking on the thread of laptop repair and spills. I have a HP zv5500 I believe anyway I spilled iced tea on it. Well in the south we call it sweet tea. LOL!!! My wife thought i was crazy when we went to CA and I asked for sweet tea. ANyway When I power it up it sounds like its going to start but nothing shows up on the screen and it shuts down after about 8 seconds. I have tried to hook it up to another monitor but still nothing. I aslo have tried taking it apart and does not look like anything wrong. I know i am missing something but what. It was closed when I spilled tea on it so I dont think a lot got inside the computer but if you have any ideas what to do please let me know.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I don't know how to fix it but I can tell you whats wrong with it. You have sugar crystals inside a chip or 10. I don't know where you take your pc repairs But I found great after hours tech that works from home by placing a FREE ad on Craigslist.com in my area. I got so many responses in 1 day I had to remove the ad.

Good luck

Joe